Question about TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

amber&ruby

Registered Shopper
I dont wear make up and know next to nothing about it but my 19 year old niece just loves it and I wondered if today's TSV would be any good for her for Christmas? she is very fair skined but does suffer from acne. I dont want to buy it if any one can recommend any thing more suitable.

I wouldn't bother it doesn't look great and teenagers want named brands that all their friends know. The current one to have is Urban Decay available at Boots and all the department stores.

Can i suggest the Smashbox Ultimate Beauty box - talked about in the Drop, Health and Beauty section second page(i'm useless at links sorry). This box looks fantastic value at £35 - Jayne from JustbeautyDirect ST.com outlet is waiting on delivery of these and would be worth checking out - i think your 19 year old neice would love it.

I think this box offers better value with many more Smashbox quality products than the YBF TSV? Linda

I would not chance it. I bought a blusher that ravaged my cheeks! Gave me the only reaction to a cosmetic I have ever had. My cheeks were on fire and I ended up with scaly skin! So if she is fair and has problematic skin I would not go there. I would never buy it for my 20 year old.

I think the Smashbox idea was a good one or The Boots Urban range. I habe used Smashbox and so has my daughter and we are both fine with it.

I think the TSV looks fairy good value for the amount of product in it, but unless your niece knows about QVC, she would probably be none the wiser and think you'd only spent about £10!

I think you'd be better off getting something that she will have heard of, maybe just a couple of well chosen items from MAC or Bobbi Brown.

i was thinking that this is anather qvc range that has become extremley expensive. why not just buy some bobbi brown or guerlain or nars or ysl or clarins oh no the clarins award winning stuff is cheaper than ybf. hype hype hype hype hype.

Thanks for all your help and sugestions, I will "Brave" the make up counter at my local Boots to see what I can find for her.

Latest posts

Back