Question about Emu boots

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

craftology

Registered Shopper
I doubt I'll be buying at Le Q as they're just too dear but I was looking at nature-shop and they have a couple of nice ones in the clearance. Problem is, I wanted low ones and all of theirs are high - I'm a size 22/24 with calves from hell, is there even any point in trying?

Emu's look very straight I suspect you need to have nice slim legs for them to fit properly?! I bought a pair of Bearpaws a couple of years back from TKMaxx and they were invaluable in last year's winter, and since we are getting a puppy in September I see a lot of early morning/late night autumn & winter slogs through our fabulous wet & cold NI weather ahead of me.

What I really want is a pair of low Brontes, they look like the most sensible combination.

they are very narrow on the leg for the smaller shoe sizes but a little more generous in the 7/8 shoe sizes. maybe try a ankle boot under trousers for winter.

I find Emu a bit snug around the calves. I take a size 3 and my lower leg is quite small but they do seem to make them narrower than they used to. The low ones will deffo be better if you can't return for free.

Also, I should have mentioned - I agree with you about QVC prices. Shop around for Emu as QVC are very expensive. In Amazon's clearance I got two pairs of Emu low boots (in kid's sizes coz my feet are so small) for under £20 each delivered.

Be wary of the sizing for the Bronte, they because of the merino wool lining seem to get very big. Its like wearing a pair of wellies. The Stringer are much smaller fitting.

I'm told that the Emu Alba style are good for people with ' generous ' calves . They have buttons with tabs at the back , which provide some flexibility and they can be worn up or turned down.

I find the problem with Emus, Uggs et al isn't so much the calf fit but I struggle to get the buggers on because I have a high instep. Shoving my right foot in is a bit hit and miss and much easier in the Emu Lo boots.

Even though I have a couple of pairs and they are fabulously snug they are a bit fugly for my liking. I bought some sheepskin ankle boots in TopShop last Christmas that are more the shape of the 80s style pixie boots and about £70.

And they are really neat and look great with a maxi dress or jeans. Far more stylish and every bit as warm, cosy and comfortable.

It gets on my wick when the presenters and the guests blather on that they go with everything ... erm no actually they look crap with a little black dress and sheer tights. I know, I've tried em.

Thank you all for your comments - I'll keep my eyes on outlet prices and TKMaxx, I think I'll aim for a low pair of boots.

Tinkerbelle, I always thought they were absolutely ugly and I was never going to buy a pair, until I tried some on in TKMaxx because I thought they'd be practical for camping. They are just sooo comfy that I don't care. I wouldn't wear them to work but for going for walks or running errands in wet or slushy weather I really rate them highly. I usually just wear them with jeans then, anyway.

ETA: And just to underline the point about QVC prices, they have the Mini Stinger as a Summer Surprise and they come to over 100£ with P&P, you can nab them at Javari for 60£.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back