Quacker Factory

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What is the sizing like please (Marks comparison would be good for me). TIA

I haven’t bought them before but they did say they have made some changes. Possibly fabric? I am 12/14 DHS and the Medium are perfect. No baggy tummy, I fill that very well. I used to be ‘5 5” when I last checked but probably need to take an inch off now! I bought the 29” option. Great fit and very comfortable. Thanks Shopper for your IW recommendations.

Aw I’m glad you like them lovely Evie 👏👏👏❤️😘 xx

What does Bengaline mean? In fabric/clothing terms, please? Is it linked to Bengal tigers/Indian?

No I don’t think it has anything to do with Bengal Tigers or Indians, apparently it’s what they’re called when this type of material and style are mixed together, you get “Cigarette Trousers” but I don’t think they’re anything to do with 20 Silk Cut.

What does Bengaline mean? In fabric/clothing terms, please? Is it linked to Bengal tigers/Indian?
Bengaline fabric is a stretch suiting which stretches down the length of the fabric (as opposed to across the width which is common in most stretch suitings). It is a medium weight fabric with a smooth finish. It is ideal for making suits, jackets, trousers, skirts and dresses.

I'm going against the grain here, as I'm not a fan of Bengaline. I did buy a pair from IW but found they kept 'slipping' down, so I had to keep 'utching them up, and I didn't like the 'feel' of the fabric, so off they went to the charity shop. Maybe I'm alone on this, but I do tend to buy my trousers from Bon Marche which fit me perfectly.

I'm going against the grain here, as I'm not a fan of Bengaline. I did buy a pair from IW but found they kept 'slipping' down, so I had to keep 'utching them up, and I didn't like the 'feel' of the fabric, so off they went to the charity shop. Maybe I'm alone on this, but I do tend to buy my trousers from Bon Marche which fit me perfectly.

Aw you’re not going against the grain b, we all like different things, each to their own and all that. 👍😃

Agreed - we want a diverse range of opinions - if we wanted groupie opinions we would go to Q. All opinions, good bad or otherwise welcome.

No family or group of friends agree on everything. At the end of the day you can only find out for yourself but a trusted opinion helps.

it gets me on reviews when they say “I bought a XL and it’s perfect fit’. How the heck does that help unless you know what their DHS size is, they could be a 14/16/18/20.

I've rarely had a bad fit with the XL 20-22 on IW, at least I always know what size to buy, whereas with all the variations on Q its hit and miss (unless its Kimmy and then I'm a 3XL)

I've rarely had a bad fit with the XL 20-22 on IW, at least I always know what size to buy, whereas with all the variations on Q its hit and miss (unless its Kimmy and then I'm a 3XL)
Sorry B I didn’t mean IW it was generally reviews of clothes on any website.
I have been looking on IW but can’t see any measurements for individual items or even a general size chart - am I missing it somewhere?

Agreed - we want a diverse range of opinions - if we wanted groupie opinions we would go to Q. All opinions, good bad or otherwise welcome.

No family or group of friends agree on everything. At the end of the day you can only find out for yourself but a trusted opinion helps.

it gets me on reviews when they say “I bought a XL and it’s perfect fit’. How the heck does that help unless you know what their DHS size is, they could be a 14/16/18/20.
after reading up thread & seeing this, I confess that to me they looked ****. I'm sure they look nice on other people though.

This could be my wardrobe after a year of on/off lockdowns !
160224661_3925825344140885_3587326757692247266_n.jpg

Like shopperholic says, we're all different, we like different things and we have different shapes so go with whatever suits you that you like from wherever you like. What looks * on one person will look designer on another and what a boring place the world would be if we all bought exactly the same! I can only speak for what looks good on me - well, as near to good as it's ever going to get, that is.

I don't think IW do size charts - I guessed and got lucky. I'd say if you're a 14-16 you're an IW Medium, 16-18 you're an IW Large, 20-22 IW XL and so on, but as with all internet purchases, it's pot luck if it suits your shape.

Vienna, when did I let you photograph my wardrobe?

I think Ideal World presenters do need to address giving out size information. I think this is something that QVC usually do better than IW. It helps me to know what size the presenters and models are wearing. The IW website does have size charts but they could do better. If it’s any help the Medium size Bengalines fit me perfectly and I am a largish 12- 14. They do have lots of stretch though.

I had Bengalines size S and I'm a 10 bottom. They weren't skin tight. 10/12 would be small, 14/16 medium or large if you're hippy. They always have nice colours in the Summer. I gave mine away after my cruise (that was such a long time ago sigh) as they were crops and it's just too cold here for such nonsense.

CC

The size chart on IW is usually there, near the bottom of the page (see below) it does come up on air, for the tops it’s 8-10 (S). 12-14 (M) 16-18 (L) 20-22 (XL),

Saying that though it depends on the style, if it’s a fitted top but you don’t want it tight you go up, if it’s a loose fit and you like it but want it more fitter go down.

Attachments

• E10D69F8-548C-457F-BCAF-E087711A03FF.png
    E10D69F8-548C-457F-BCAF-E087711A03FF.png
    44 KB · Views: 88
  • C3C9CFF9-582B-42F3-8953-FD9E5C44142C.png
    C3C9CFF9-582B-42F3-8953-FD9E5C44142C.png
    39.7 KB · Views: 94

Latest posts

Back