Q presenters--- take a back seat

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Silver Fox

Registered Shopper
Just got the 'Glamour' magazine show on 4-5pm & whoever the guest is --sooo taking over, CH seems to be looking like a shrinking voilet( just got in her 30MBG line!)These forceful OTT women have me running to hide in my cave! Yesterday the Benefit girl ( sorry don't take notice of names) was the same & with Chloe who of late seems to be manic.Then there is the Diamonique girl (the jewellery designer) who is informative, relaxing & a pleasure to listen to.
Where is this 'Glamour' women from--- USA?If so Please return asap & give my ears a rest!

I can't be doing with these self congratulatory shows where they get a beauty editor in, when Caroline was on from Liz Earle it was just embarrassing how much she was gushing over the Glamour editor.

I can't be doing with these self congratulatory shows where they get a beauty editor in, when Caroline was on from Liz Earle it was just embarrassing how much she was gushing over the Glamour editor.

Since I've got to the ripe old half a century mark ....nobody impresses me enough to gush over them ....I've seen it all ...only human beings lime the rest of us after-all:sleepy:

I never believe anything contained in a glossy magazine as EVERYTHING is advertising even the so called editorial features.

No one has parted with hard earned cash, all they have to do is write ad prose to the articles the companies have paid to have featured that particular month.

Just as with Q presenters, what products would they actually pay for, probably not creams at over 80 squid a jar I would guess.

The Benefit girl is unbearable and she looks ugly in her theme costumes eg the Magician

I used to quite like the Benefit shows, but since they started all this GOOOOOO VERTICAL!! shouting, I can't bear to watch! There's very litre difference in price, but I can't bear the hard sell of the Benefit sales assistants on the high street.

I wonder sometimes what possesses a brand to select their 'Ambassadors' (or for QVC to appoint them!)

The L'artisan Parfumeur ambassador has changed again - and for the better. Do you think their sales were suffering?

And I agree about the Diamonique lady - lovely, gentle, unassuming delivery. Like the wonderful Yankee lady.

Big Brother melodrama has a lot to answer for!

I have come to the conclusion that I am the odd one out. I don't let the world know my every waking thought and action via social media, can't stand bull****ing by TV people, watch very little TV any more and don't want people who look like it has been troweled on to sell me make up.

I watched this with interest in the hope that finally the beans would be spilt by an independent expert on which products are really effective for which skin types/concerns. My fragile optimism was soon crushed. I wanted to like the Glamour woman but she clearly wields some clout and they all seemed in awe of her. Er, why? When Lulu joined in the love fest Ms. Glamour raved about a new Time Bomb product and said Lulu's skin was amazing. 'Yes' shouts Lulu - 'it's Time Bomb.' Oh for goodness sake give us a break. What a back-scratching sycophantic bunch.

At the end, a new £100+ cream and a new, quite mature lady fronting it. Ms. Glamour praised her skin. Mature lady confessed to being 44. Honestly and truly, when I first saw her I thought she must be a good 10 years more than that. All too depressing.

Catherine was her usual modest and quiet self, watching like a child who's supposed to be in bed. She let them get on with it. Good job AY was elsewhere. There would have been an explosion of egos.

I thought that Alexander Steinherr, the Glamour editor was awful, so full of herself and in love with her own voice. Where does she come from with that annoying accent? I hope they don't get her on again, if they do they'll have trouble getting her ego through the door. All the beauty guests were looking up to her as if she was god and behaving so sycophantically, it was nauseating. And to just add comments to those made about the Benefit woman, aren't her long nails revolting? I wouldn't want her claws anywhere near my face. Ugh, disgusting, she needs to cut them badly!

Just think AB Fab Sweetie!!!:mysmilie_17:

Okay, advertising is all when it comes to the brands and the mags. In this age of all things online and Apps the mags still sell, with their little gift of the month free. The brands fall over themselves to give, it helps their real product sales. And the mags get the crowds buying to get a free whatever or even a number to get the different freebie. The brands will cut each other's throats to get the most,the biggest glossy ads. The magazine are never ever independent, they are minions to the brands advertising. Hence you will never see a product bad mouthed as they will lose the brand's adverts. The beauty editor will get hundreds of free products sent to them every month, even those that do no advertise in the mag. Begging please please try this and just a two word mention in the mag is all we need.

Some brands like Liz Earle do not seem to pay for ads(see sentence about freebies to the beauty editor), and its a massive bonus for QVC to get a beauty editor to even acknowledge they exist never mind actually appear on the channel. Hence the major arse licking. They are desperate to get a mention in the magazine.

Sorry, keep her behind the desk and not in front of the camera...she must have been botoxed to death, not a wrinkle on her forehead and poor Catherine looked intimidated by her and a few others and the lady with the long blonde hair looked down her nose a bit when Catherine spoke, even caught her looking Catherine up and down a bit...embarrassing to watch!

its not the mags that put me of.. but the beauty bible. the first one was good. still have it. still read it. but since its become affliliated with qvc its obvious that all the brands qvc sell are the top beauty bible must haves

Latest posts

Back