Pupa Mascara

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

aragorn0130

Registered Shopper
I wondered if anyone used this brand of mascara? It always looks really nice when it's being demonstrated and I'm quite tempted by the set that's new today (sorry Loveheart - no farting going on here).

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.229108

Does anyone use it, or has tried it, to give an informed opinion? I've umpteen mascaras unopened so I don't want to buy something else unless it's going to make me look like I could sweep the floor with my eyelashes......

I use it all the time Aragorn but its hard to get hold of these days. I used to buy it from Pout(but they closed down) and then from Fenwicks. I think its one of the best Mascara's around. I like smaller brushes cos my lashes are quite short and the big brushes like Models Prefer/YBG just leave mascara all over my lids. The other one I tried recently from QVC was from Urban Decay, I really like that one too. The Worst one I have ever used was the Tova one, it was gloopy, cloggy and went straight backy.

I would definately recommend the Pupa !

I haven't tried it either, but I'm always tempted when it's shown on QVC as well. It does look good.

The last mascara I bought was Urban Decay Skyscraper. I found the effect on my lashes to be pretty subtle compared to my benchmark Lancome Definicils and hilariously it smudged Alice Cooper style before I'd even left the house! :eek:

I love Pupa mascara. It doesn't smudge, bits don't come off, and it doesn't end up looking like you have 2 black eyes after a couple of hours. Have used Pupa mascara for years, and would be lost without it. Although recently have had to get it from ebay. Thanks Aragorn, am off to buy this set now. xxxx

I wondered if anyone used this brand of mascara? It always looks really nice when it's being demonstrated and I'm quite tempted by the set that's new today (sorry Loveheart - no farting going on here).

Does anyone use it, or has tried it, to give an informed opinion? I've umpteen mascaras unopened so I don't want to buy something else unless it's going to make me look like I could sweep the floor with my eyelashes......

I was going to say it was fine for you to get a new mascara till I read the second paragraph of your post 'I've umpteen unopened mascaras'. Why are they unopened Aragorn? Why don't you open some of them and f.a.r.t on the pupa one?:thinking2:

I was going to say it was fine for you to get a new mascara till I read the second paragraph of your post 'I've umpteen unopened mascaras'. Why are they unopened Aragorn? Why don't you open some of them and f.a.r.t on the pupa one?:thinking2:

Well, do you know Miss LH - I'm on a quest for the perfect eyelashes you see. Last week in Edinburgh, the Shavata girl that does yer lashes was in Harvey Nics but I couldn't get an appt to fit with my train. Besides which, it's £55 squid for 3-weeks worth of Bambiesque peepers, pah. So I offs across the shop to Shu Uemera - and learnt to do false ones that I can bring home and do misself (some normal ones and some green/navy ooer). Which is all well and good, until I wanted them on Friday. It took me ten goes on my own to get me left eye just right, and my son almost missed the school bus whilst I pratted about doing them.

They look lovely when they're done, I was most pleased - until it rained heavily later that evening. At which point I had to leg it to my car, holding on to me lashes in the vain hope no-one would try to kindly flick the spider off me eyeball. So whilst I shall persevere - I think a decent mascara (other than the ones I have) may just be the daily answer. Although I shall keep practicing with my new ones because they're rather nice, even if I do say so myself!

I've had Pupa Mascara - it made my lashes look very full, long and lush. My only slight criticism of it is that the two tubes I had were very clumpy and I had to keep wiping the wand on a clean tissue to get it to unclump. Apart from that it went on and lasted very well. I went back to my Tova mascara after though, which is my favourite.

That's not crying - it's watery eyes with the amount of methane entering the atmosphere from all LoveHeart's farting....... I'm beginning to think she's solely responsible for global warming :thinking2:

Ok, ok, I take full responsiblility for global warming Aragorn, however all you non f.a.r.t.ers could remedy the situation by NOT SPENDING. Then I wouldn't have to f.a.r.t so much, would I? Seemples.:giggle::cheeky:

Good old loveheart, ever the voice of f.a.r.t. reason! I second this: use the unopened mascaras first Aragorn!

Aragorn, why don't you try the unopened mascaras; you never know they may well have dried up and then you can buy some more or. If they haven't dried up you may well get a pleasant surprise. After years of hunting for the holy grail of mascaras I found one. In a Christmas free gift from the Body Shop! It was a mini mascara (called Divide and Multiply) and I had it hanging around until June when I ran out and therefore had to use it. Brilliant! Rather than the traditional bristle brush it has a sort of three sided, tapered comb that divides, lengthens and thickens my lashes in just the way I wanted. 15 euros for 10 mls.

Last edited:
My daughter just bought a mascara in Savers for 69p that she says is better than any "got it in a QVC kit" mascara I've ever given her.

When I go to town this week I'm going to buy one of my own and see if I agree! :D

Oh you're all just toooooo sensible sometimes!!! I didn't buy any Pupa mascaras but I haven't lost the thought. The unopened ones are mascaras I've already tried like Prescriptives, Estee Lauder, Lancome etc. Almerinda is quite right - we spend forever looking for the 'holy grail of mascaras'!! I'm currently using an EL TurboLash which in theory, sounds good but not in practice. I think it's turboed itself silly because it's quite dry after only 6 weeks - I shan't be forking out £26 for one of those again! What other recommendations have you got? Savers 69p, Body Shop Divide & Multiply, are there any more??

Max Factor False Lash Effect, the Maybelline yellow one (can't remember the name, sorry), and for daytime lashes that are lengthened, defined, but not overdone Miss Sporty XXL from Superdrug. Doesn't smudge, doesn't budge and only £2.99!

Spookily, an ad for the Maybelline one's just come on the telly as I write this and it's called Colossal.

Latest posts

Back