Psoraisis & Liz Earle ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

jordie_tart

Registered Shopper
I went for the Liz Earle TSV - as its ages since I used her stuff, and wanted a simple no-nonsense (and sensibly priced) range, but now a week or 2 in, my psoriasis is flaring up - not had a flare up for yonks (possibly years).... thought LE was meant to be free of all the nasties so I shouldn't have this problem ?

help anyone ?

Sorry to hear you've had a flare up.

'Natural ingredients' eg essential oils can often be more irritating than artificial ingredients.

'botanicals', 'natural', 'essential oils', they're all the greatest marketing terms for skincare. It's a massive myth that they're better for you than artificial ingredients, absolutely anything can be an irritant.

Last edited:
if you can get an allegy test it can tell you what will irritate you and what to avoid

Aw sorry it's flared you up, I'm actually ok using it and have psoriasis too. Maybe the essential oils? It's has eucalyptus in it - maybe that could make it flare up? X

I bought it on auto delivery ..... thinking I'm going to have to cancel .
Not sure its right returning this kit as I've used a fair bit of it already

Call QVC and say you had an allergic reaction. They will usually send you a returns label. Also cancel the auto delivery

Different ingredients can have varied effects, even on sufferers of the same conditions. I bought a decleor tsv, when iris was just being introduced. I couldn't have looked worse after 12 rounds with Ali. I haven't used decleor since, and certainly wouldn't use any product from any brand, which used iris oil. Other eczema sufferers may not have a problem with it.

i dont have exzema or psorisis and will not use elemis decleor l'occitane or clarins on my skin. oddly the cheaper stuff from the high street produced for the mass market has less ingredients that upset my skin

thx everyone for your input .... I'll contact qvc about the return, and will cancel the AD.

never had a reaction before (used to use LE years ago without any problems) guess I'll just be trial and error from now on ...

I went for the Liz Earle TSV - as its ages since I used her stuff, and wanted a simple no-nonsense (and sensibly priced) range, but now a week or 2 in, my psoriasis is flaring up - not had a flare up for yonks (possibly years).... thought LE was meant to be free of all the nasties so I shouldn't have this problem ?

help anyone ?

I don't know how old you are and don't want to ask or expect you to tell me but just wanted to mention that menopause can cause all sorts of changes and things we weren't bothered by can suddenly become a problem to our skin etc ....if you are not of this age feel free to throw something at me ...:mysmilie_17:....

The thing is Liz Earle has changed the ingredients on their products, Cleanse and Polish has changed I know I cannot use it. My roseaca went nuts the last time I tried it.

I don't know how old you are and don't want to ask or expect you to tell me but just wanted to mention that menopause can cause all sorts of changes and things we weren't bothered by can suddenly become a problem to our skin etc ....if you are not of this age feel free to throw something at me ...:mysmilie_17:....

http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/images/smilies/Set5/mysmilie_12.gif
"late 40's", not had any other symptoms, but who knows if this is the start ??!

Sorry you have ha a flare up! You should send it back, let QVC know you had a reaction and wish to send it back and therefore you are cancelling AD.

I won't touch LE products. I have sensitive skin but did try her "oh so gentle" orange flower body wash and had a horrendous reaction to it, nearly ended up on steroids and antibiotics!

thx everyone for your input .... I'll contact qvc about the return, and will cancel the AD.

never had a reaction before (used to use LE years ago without any problems) guess I'll just be trial and error from now on ...

You can use something for a while before developing an intolerance to it. I used to use the LE Spot-On which now seems to have been discontinued. I had used it for ages then got a reaction to it and had to stop. They were really good though and refunded me for a partly used item and one I had "in stock" but these had been bought from LE not QVC.

qvc cust care just got back to me - they've cancelled the AD, and are arranging for theur courier to pick up my half used kit.

thanks everyone ..... now to find something to calm my skin ....

I have extremely sensitive skin. If I put Aloe Vera on my skin I look like I have been in a fire so LE is out of the question. I also suffer from psoriasis. Could this be your problem jt?

Very fragrant ranges like LE are the worst possible thing you can use on eczema, rosacea, psoriasis and the like. They shouldn't be used on any skin ideally but especially skin with conditions like those. Obviously anecdotally there'll be some folk out there who don't react hideously to fragrant ingredients but medically speaking fragrance free products are recommended for sensitive/reactive skin.

Latest posts

Back