Propolis Gel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Topaz

Registered Shopper
Just wondered if anyone uses the SBC Propolis Gel and if it's as good as they say it is.

Just wondered if anyone uses the SBC Propolis Gel and if it's as good as they say it is.

I'd be interested in this too as I fell for, I mean ordered, the TSV. Any handy hints on the collagen and the Arnica would be appreciated too!

It's absolutely brilliant - and so is the arnica.

I use a small amount on my throat and nose area every day in winter and quite often in summer as I swear it helps fend off colds and germs. My immune system is compromised as I had chemo 3 yrs ago and can honestly say I haven't had a cold - touches all the wood available - in that time. I also put it on my dry hands when my eczema is bad and skin is splitting (you're not supposed to put on open wounds but hey it's worked for me!). Generally calms skin and helps healing. You only need a very small amount so it will last ages & ages.

Arnica - my other wonder gel. Bruises, swelling, knocks, sprains, aches - works on them all. I've reordered the litre size as I'm down to my last 200ml and panicking I'll run out !! Any aches etc from my medication and illness gets the arnica put on to ease them and help me move better. You don't have to rub it in either if the area is painful, just put a layer on and let it sink in. If you bash yourself, put it on immediately if poss and you may not even bruise.

These are the only things I use from SBC but I wouldn't be without them. They both get :star::star::star: from me

My TSV set has just arrived (its HUGE) so this post is quite timely. I've only tried a squirt of the collagen so far and from the look of it I was concerned it might be a bit sticky as it looks a bit jellified (actual literal scientifical wordage I think you'll find...) but it does sink in really well.
I bought it as I thought the arnical would come in useful for the kids - one's 5 and is constantly falling over due to doing everything at full warp speed - and DH with his bad back, and the propolis as my little one has patches of dry skin on arms and legs sometimes, especially in the winter. The jasmine shower creme thing smells quite nice from a quick whiff of the bottle tho not sure I would fall in love with it, but the bottle is whopping.
From a quick look on the SBC website earlier it does look like the set was a reasonable price tho, on there the litre bottle of the collagen gel is 50-something quid on its own.

It's absolutely brilliant - and so is the arnica.

I use a small amount on my throat and nose area every day in winter and quite often in summer as I swear it helps fend off colds and germs. My immune system is compromised as I had chemo 3 yrs ago and can honestly say I haven't had a cold - touches all the wood available - in that time. I also put it on my dry hands when my eczema is bad and skin is splitting (you're not supposed to put on open wounds but hey it's worked for me!). Generally calms skin and helps healing. You only need a very small amount so it will last ages & ages.

Arnica - my other wonder gel. Bruises, swelling, knocks, sprains, aches - works on them all. I've reordered the litre size as I'm down to my last 200ml and panicking I'll run out !! Any aches etc from my medication and illness gets the arnica put on to ease them and help me move better. You don't have to rub it in either if the area is painful, just put a layer on and let it sink in. If you bash yourself, put it on immediately if poss and you may not even bruise.

These are the only things I use from SBC but I wouldn't be without them. They both get :star::star::star: from me

One should not apply arnica gel to broken skin, but propolis gel is for blemished and infected skin.

I, too, would rate the propolis gel 3 stars, and it's cheaper than 15+ Manuka Honey - although you can always eat the honey!:giggle:

I ordered the TSV to get the large bottles for Chritsmas present for my friend. She loves the collagen.

Last edited:
Arnica is brilliant & I have brought a lot of that from SBC over the years. The collagen is OK but its sticky IMO but I do use it.Never tried the Propolis but waiting for the TSV to come.

Giving my friend the collagen & jasmine bodywash for Christmas & I'm keeping the rest.:happy:

Another TSV lady in waiting here :)

Is it delivered by courier? If so it might come a bit later because it gets delivered by the nice man who brings me the Next parcels!

Ooh my TSV has been shipped! I may need the Arnica gel and soak now to go hand in hand with my pilates machine!! I have had the Collagen a while but never really used that much of it. I used to put a thick layer on my face (cleansed and exfoliated) to get into the bath, skin is lush afterwards! Since the TSV launch (have had a heavy day, lost all track of time!) I have used it as a body moisturiser and also on my cleansed face at night, prior to all my Elemis night goodies. I thought I may use the Propolis for the odd breakout and the exzema/dermatitis/whatever it is on one hand! The arnica soak will be for hubby after his mammoth 500 miles in one day motorbike trips! :mysmilie_462:

Am definately interested in hearing alternative uses for all the gels :mysmilie_59:

Last edited:
Sorry this is off topic, but which SBC gel is best for scarring? I am also thinking about purchasing the Propolis gel, I already have the Evening Primrose and Jasmine gel which I am thinking about going back to. It's just they make my skin feel dry and tight but I may layer more on this time and nothing else has worked so far and so many of you are raving about them I want to try.

Sorry this is off topic, but which SBC gel is best for scarring? I am also thinking about purchasing the Propolis gel, I already have the Evening Primrose and Jasmine gel which I am thinking about going back to. It's just they make my skin feel dry and tight but I may layer more on this time and nothing else has worked so far and so many of you are raving about them I want to try.

I've just purchased Propolis after reading how it helps with breakouts. Fingers crossed this will work.

I used to put the Polpolis on cuts.

It is a wound healer and a friend swears by it on her son's eczema.

Good for spots too. Antibiotic, antiseptic and kills bacteria.

I have used propolis balms and salves but not the SBC gel so looking forward to trying it.

You could try the Vitamin E gel but if you don't find it moisturising enough just use 100% pure Vitamin E oil which you can get from health food shops (cheaper than the gel) or if you take Vitamin E supplements just burst a capsule and massage in.

Vitamin E is really good for scars and dry skin but you must use it regulary. It is also an antioxidant and keeps the skin elastic.

:flower:

Off topic, but I quite enjoyed the SBC show on Sunday afternoon. I liked the guest, and as I hadn't seen a show before it was informative.

I've used the propolis on a surgery scar and it helped. Also used Liz Earle skin repair on it and that helped a lot.

Thank you all for your advice. I have just cleansed and have used the SBC Jasmine and Evening Primrose oil gel. Sunk in straight away.

I might give the Propolis ago for a few months to see if it helps with the scarring, if not I will definitely try Vitamin E. I am really looking forward to my Propolis arriving.

Don't know what the Jasmine and Evening Primrose gels good for. Could someone elighten me?

Latest posts

Back