Prices:QVCUS v QVCUK

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Yesterday's HP tsv on QVCUK is today's tsv on QVCUS. The americans are, however, getting a better deal. Initially, the printer looks like a bargain at $69.92 but, having converted the dollars into sterling, it is actually costing £45.91, which is an absolute steal. On the website, QVCUS quote the retail price as being $190.00, so how can they offer such great deals, something QVCUK seem either unable or unwilling to do? What a pity we can't order from the US, QVCUK would soon be out of business! When I decided I may want to purchase this printer, it had sold out. After having seen the price it is selling for in the US, I am so pleased. Even with S+H, or P+P as we would call it, the total is only just over £53.00.

Don't forget you would have had to add sales tax for which ever state you live in. Each US state has their own sales tax amount, so that would add to the total price.

But I do agree they get brilliant deals compared to us.

I have also seen loads of fashion items quoted in the same figures (not prices) in dollars and sterling. e.g. a tunic top would be $35.99 in the US and over here would be £35.99. Even accounting for state taxes and p & p they are still getting a far better deal across the pond.

We need to find some willing partners in the US who could order stuff for us over there, then we go over on holiday with empty suitcases and bring the stuff back. It would have to be fashion co anything else would be far too complicated with import duties etc.

a way around the problem ?

I have also seen loads of fashion items quoted in the same figures (not prices) in dollars and sterling. e.g. a tunic top would be $35.99 in the US and over here would be £35.99. Even accounting for state taxes and p & p they are still getting a far better deal across the pond.

We need to find some willing partners in the US who could order stuff for us over there, then we go over on holiday with empty suitcases and bring the stuff back. It would have to be fashion co anything else would be far too complicated with import duties etc.

have often considered using a site called bundlebox
which offer a shipping service.

anyone used this site and how was it?

thanks in advance:grin:

.............We need to find some willing partners in the US who could order stuff for us over there, then we go over on holiday with empty suitcases and bring the stuff back. It would have to be fashion co anything else would be far too complicated with import duties etc.[/QUOTE]

I'm ashamed to say that I do order stuff from US websites (not QVC) before I go to Florida (I'm lucky enough to go most years) and even from Amazon US and get them delivered to the hotel. Savings are good and so too is the wider choice.

The more I see of QVC's "practices" the less I buy from them. If I fancy an item I will generally look for it on Amazon (am I allowed to say that word btw ?)

Linda xx

Latest posts

Back