Prices Candles TSV 21/06/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'd rather have only 6 tealights in each collection and have them boxed. I think they look a bit 'cheap' when they come plastic wrapped to be honest.
Oh, and I hate that Prices candles are now coloured. I much preferred it when they were all white, so for those reasons, I won't be getting this TSV.

This is going to be Auto Delivery, the second set in 90 days.

Velvet Rose
Juicy Fig
Orange and Clove
Cinnamon Spices
Ginger Lily

Price £19.96 + 5.95

These look nice, and I appreciate they are candles and therefore not that light to post but £6 postage seems a lot for an under £20 tsv

Prices Candles 5 Jar Candles & 90 Tealights Fragrance Gift Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.705800

Auto-Delivery Prices Candles 5 Jar Candles & 90 Tealights Fragrance Gift Collection
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.706396

QVC Price £24.50
Todays Special Value Price £19.96
P&P £5.95

A wonderful collection which includes beautifully evocative scents inspired by fresh, fruity and floral summer fragrances and includes 90 tea-lights, with 18 each of five scents; plus five tumbler candles in the same fragrances. With lasting scents reminiscent of the season, this Price's Candles collection will help create a gorgeous, welcoming ambience in your home and is perfect for splitting and sharing with family and friends too.
An endorsement of quality - founded in 1830, these pioneers in the field of candle production have a wonderful heritage of candle-making and hold a Royal Warrant from Her Majesty the Queen.

Evocative fragrances - this collection includes fresh, floral and fruity scents, so they're perfect for all year round and all occasions. Each one has a beautifully coloured wax to complement any home décor.

Enduring scents - each jar candle has a burn time of up to 40 hours, and each tea-light burns for up to four hours, so you can enjoy your favourite scent for even longer.

The perfect presents - separate tumblers and tea-light packs make ideal gifts for loved ones; split them into sets and share the love, but remember to keep one for yourself!

Tea-lights will burn up to four hours each (72 hours burn time per pack of 18)
Jars will burn up to 40 hours each
Total wax collection - with a burn time of at least 560 hours

Contains:
Tealights

18 x Summer Bouquet Summer Tea-lights
18 x Lemon Blossom Summer Tea-lights
18 x Mango & Papaya Summer Tea-lights
18 x Berry Crush Summer Tea-lights
18 x Fresh Linen Summer Tea-lights

Tumbler candles

1 x Summer Bouquet Tumbler
1 x Lemon Blossom Tumbler
1 x Mango & Papaya Tumbler
1 x Berry Crush Tumbler
1 x Fresh Linen Tumbler

Enjoy seasonal scents all year round:
Choose our Auto Delivery option and receive an autumn/winter edition of this collection with new seasonal fragrances in 90 days at the same great value price.

What is Auto Delivery?
If you're keen to stock up on this item then you can sign up for our Auto Delivery plan, where you'll receive further drops of this item over a specified period, at today's price. Click on the Auto Delivery tab above to purchase this plan.

The autumn/winter edition will contain:
Tealights

18 x Velvet Rose Winter Tea-lights
18 x Juicy Fig Winter Tea-lights
18 x Orange & Clove Winter Tea-lights
18 x Cinnamon Spices Winter Tea-lights
18 x Ginger Lily Winter Tea-lights

Tumbler candles

1 x Velvet Rose Tumbler
1 x Fig Jars Tumbler
1 x Orange & Clove Tumbler
1 x Cinnamon Spice Tumbler
1 x Ginger Lily Tumbler

Probably why the p&p is so expensive, as they want to 'fool' the purchaser into thinking that they have a 'bargin' at under £20. Though to be fair, how much are yankee p&p, tis probably comparable. But I will stick with the sales 'spiel' in that the presenters can state that the TSV is under £20 (good sales pitch, you have to admit).

I got a Prices TSV similar to this a few years ago and most of the fragrances absolutely stank. Maybe they were ones made exclusively for QVC though because l have bought Prices candles from the High Street and they have been very nice.

Cheese and Sleaze

I know some may think of Charlie Brook as one of the 'better' presenters (though saying that there is hardly much in the way of competition), but after watching snippets of the aforementioned show, I am starting to wonder how he gets away with what he does. I don't know whether he knew the guest prior to the show on a 'personal' (not that personal obviously I know he has a partner (not a wife you understand a partner)), but about 45 minutes into the show, he put his hand on her knee, it was a definite act as he had to stretch over, so there was no chance of it being accidental, I know there has to be banter between guests (and Charlie is full of it (banter I mean), but this to me seemed to step over the 'invisible line' of what is acceptable. I don't know whether it is me being oversensitive as I know his general manner is general 'cheese' but this to me seemed to go into the 'sleaze' category. I apologise if people think I am being over-sensitive, but it just felt like a 70's office moment!

its too dear the p&p by at least a £1 but thats qvc postage always suprisingly overpriced

I don't know why they don't review the P&P. I lived in the US for 6 months a year until last year and QVC reviewed their P&P t.o make it cheaper. They said that they had negative feedback. It's now structured like Ideal World. Makes a big difference If Amazon can do it so cheaply why can't Q

If you want the glass jars but not tea lights there are 6 glass jars for £17.45 free P&P on Amazon

Latest posts

Back