Prai Beauty TSV 11/07/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Every time I see a neck cream I get my hopes up that it will work the promised miracle. Just from reading this thread I can see this is not that product !

Since losing 4 stones over 18 months and now heading for 61, my neck and jawline are so baggy and scrawny - the proverbial turkey neck. My face & décolletage are fine for my age, always had good skin, which makes my neck seem even worse.

I know this is a first-world problem to quote the trendy phrase, and touch wood the only worry that I have at the mo. I don't think there's even any 'work' available apart from drastic surgery !

Sorry, I've turned a light-hearted thread into a 'woe is me' whinge ! Moral of this story - don't put on loads of weight in your 50's !
I think that someone on here mentioned that M&S neck cream is very good and better than Prai.

I`d love to be a fly on the walls of some of these brand ambassadors/beauty experts/models bedroom. I bet we`d find lots of high street brands alongside more expensive brands such as Clinique, Clarins and Estee Lauder and a business card for their favourite botox/filler person or plastic surgeon. Call me cynical but they`re paid to sell and not just beauty stuff. They regurgitate the spiel and would sell Nivea if someone paid them enough.

That's it isn't it, they're paid to sell whatever brand it happens to be at the time.

There's a girl who works in our Debenhams in town, a few years ago she worked on the Elemis counter, wearing the Keeley uniform and doing the Skin Lab consultations, so obviously Elemis trained. After a while she was working on the Clinique counter in Boots, about a year later she was back on the Elemis at Debenhams. She has now moved over to the Dior counter, doing make up and skincare consultations. I wonder what she uses at home, having done the training and spiel for all these brands.

I watched a repeat of the launch this morning and that Cathy Kangas got right on my nerves with her OTT fake laughter. The whole lot of them on the show were awful, I would hate to be near them in a bar on a night out.

Reading Sali Hughes beauty book and she thinks neck and eye creams are a waste of money, if you use a good quality moisturiser you should be able to use it on eyes and neck. She reckons its just a ploy by beauty companies to get more money/sales for unnecessary products.

But neck cream is cheaper than my face cream & im using less face cream because I use neck cream.
So I don't think it's a waste of money.
Necks don't have any oil glands (or at least not like faces). For my face I need light creams to wear under makeup, for my neck I need a rich cream to add oils in.

Latest posts

Back