Poundworld Now Deliver - Check This Out & Save A Fortune on Bid Ripoffs!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I welcome any posts that keeps this thread right at the top of the list of threads so I encourage anyone to post whatever they like and as often as they like.

Fill your boots, delicious :mysmilie_8:

oh thank you graham .. oh i mean Wirral lol

I never have and never will buy anything from this channel. They are the equivalent of the guys who knock your door wanting to repair your roof, and offer to drive you to the cash line. I buy lots of stuff in poundland style stores eg toiletries, cleaning stuff etc, fine, it's worth exactly that, £1. But I'm not going to buy poundland stuff at 10 times the price and pay £7.99 to 'have it delivered to your door.' I've had washing machines delivered for nothing and there a damned sight heavier than that alarm sensor rubbish they keep touting!

firstly - they are NOT poundland products. but rather products that poundland sell and you have no idea if they are selling them as a loss leader.

secondly its peters job to talk favourably about products. i know you would like him to say "hey they sell these in poundland" but those of us who reside in the real world appreciate thats just not going to happen.

thirdly. i think its a well done to poundland for selling a product for a quid that people are prepared to pay over £20 for.

To be fair I think it is wrong that they are known as a discount shopping channel when they can be beaten on price by god knows how many places, If it was just the PS selling the same items as them at a ludicrously low cost then you could say particular products may be loss leaders... but when god knows how many other places regularly beat a "discount" selling network then I think it is only logical to believe that other places have no need to use loss leader products to highlight imo the extortionate price the same product sells for in such "discount" shopping facilities.

Wouldn't it be great if the PS used Bids name & prices for comparison in advertisements, you could say it would be unfair as they aren't the same type of business.... but neither are catalogues like VERY & Littlewoods that Bid uses for their comparison of prices.

To be fair I think it is wrong that they are known as a discount shopping channel when they can be beaten on price by god knows how many places, If it was just the PS selling the same items as them at a ludicrously low cost then you could say particular products may be loss leaders... but when god knows how many other places regularly beat a "discount" selling network then I think it is only logical to believe that other places have no need to use loss leader products to highlight imo the extortionate price the same product sells for in such "discount" shopping facilities.

Wouldn't it be great if the PS used Bids name & prices for comparison in advertisements, you could say it would be unfair as they aren't the same type of business.... but neither are catalogues like VERY & Littlewoods that Bid uses for their comparison of prices.

pound shops sell things for 2 quid round my way. they should obviously re brand lol. i think BID is moving away from the 'discount channel' image. i can see them becoming like ideal world and not doing any falling price auctions at all. i also think its unfair to judge the new owners on the current stock offering as it obviously takes time to identify order and ship new products.

BTW Wirral im surprised you liked this post which contains such flippant mentions of our lords name. especially considering how you chose to berate me for doing the same before. as i said at the time it was clearly a case of you mocking me for my disapproval of a blatantly racist post which thankfully got removed.

the barometer of right and wrong? i dont think so !!

FTAO mr tom.......just for you @ £1.......http://poundshop.com/fashion/poncho-adult

There are whispers that Bid are buying up loads, adding a strip of sequins round the bottom and charging £14.99++

Choice of two colours that are VERY IN this season, Blue and Red :wink:

And Vinyl is in all the Spring 2014 collections. Well spotted Momma, I like your style.

Mr Tom will be thrilled. :mysmilie_59:

firstly - they are NOT poundland products. but rather products that poundland sell and you have no idea if they are selling them as a loss leader.

secondly its peters job to talk favourably about products. i know you would like him to say "hey they sell these in poundland" but those of us who reside in the real world appreciate thats just not going to happen.

thirdly. i think its a well done to poundland for selling a product for a quid that people are prepared to pay over £20 for.

With the exception of remaindered books previously sold for something like £20 and allegedly secondhand CD's that once sold for £10, there are very few products in my local pound shops that sell for much more than £5 elsewhere, and certainly not for the £20+ expected from that fantasy world known as the Sit-up channels.

One day, the exploitation of misinformed/ignorant/stupid people for financial gain will be generally thought of to be just as morally reprehensible as the Black and White Minstrel Show. (Lots of people enjoyed the minstrel show just for the music, but the racist overtones now stand out as a sore thumb by modern standards.)

With the exception of remaindered books previously sold for something like £20 and allegedly secondhand CD's that once sold for £10, there are very few products in my local pound shops that sell for much more than £5 elsewhere, and certainly not for the £20+ expected from that fantasy world known as the Sit-up channels.

One day, the exploitation of misinformed/ignorant/stupid people for financial gain will be generally thought of to be just as morally reprehensible as the Black and White Minstrel Show. (Lots of people enjoyed the minstrel show just for the music, but the racist overtones now stand out as a sore thumb by modern standards.)

Well I'm glad to see you take racism seriously. There are some on here that think it's a joke!!

Ok. im going to explain this one more time for you all. BID AND PRICE DROP TV ARE FALLING PRICE CHANNELS. the people watching decide when to pick up the phone based on THEIR view of the value of the product. n

and know you like to think the us bid viewers are innocent, old, impressionable and gullible people who need you to protect us .but im afraid thats not the case. sorry to disappoint.

In the uK we live in a free and open marketplace. where companies are ALLOWED by LAW to sell products for profit margins that THEY choose. i know it seems outrageous and preposterous to those of you who live sheltered and naive lives.or have never been around any sort of commercial enterprise. but companies are NOT charities. they are businesses that are there to make MONEY. google any product you wish and low and behold you will see DIFFERENT COMPANIES SELLING THE SAME PRODUCTS FOR DIFFERENT PRICES!! why .... BECAUSE WE ARE NOT A COMMUNIST SOCIETY IN WHICH ALL PRICES ARE FIXED. if you want this may i recommend either North Korea or Cuba.

get over it!

Ok. im going to explain this one more time for you all. BID AND PRICE DROP TV ARE FALLING PRICE CHANNELS. the people watching decide when to pick up the phone based on THEIR view of the value of the product. n

and know you like to think the us bid viewers are innocent, old, impressionable and gullible people who need you to protect us .but im afraid thats not the case. sorry to disappoint.

In the uK we live in a free and open marketplace. where companies are ALLOWED by LAW to sell products for profit margins that THEY choose. i know it seems outrageous and preposterous to those of you who live sheltered and naive lives.or have never been around any sort of commercial enterprise. but companies are NOT charities. they are businesses that are there to make MONEY. google any product you wish and low and behold you will see DIFFERENT COMPANIES SELLING THE SAME PRODUCTS FOR DIFFERENT PRICES!! why .... BECAUSE WE ARE NOT A COMMUNIST SOCIETY IN WHICH ALL PRICES ARE FIXED. if you want this may i recommend either North Korea or Cuba.

get over it!

The criticism of Bid and Price Drop is threefold with regards to this thread:

1) Their falling price status is dubious as most of the products mentioned are DOTD
2) Their price-checks are highly selective and rely on customers not checking google
3) If the customers are not innocent, old or impressionable then they must be very misguided or to be blunt stupid to pay such prices when a cursory check of the internet reveals cheaper prices often with quicker delivery and normally cheaper p and p

get over it!

I agree with you that not all buyers are old, I'm not and bought loads from them in the past as did my family however the channels have been getting worse for years

I have to disagree about them being falling price channels because now they have the clock they set the price and then say do you want it? no ok lets move on to the next thing. In the past the price had to keep falling until they sold out of the quantity for that lot/drop which made it more fun to watch as things did go cheaper than they wanted them to and it was fun to try and guess when was the best time to buy, some I won and some I lost

Fun Gone
Service worse
quality of products worse
range of products worse
speed of delivery worse
cost of products increased
delivery charges ridiculous when your having to wait up to 2 weeks to have it delivered, I've said it before but they often delivered within a day or 2 a few years back and whilst the £7.99 was high it was more acceptable than these days

I don't have an issue with them selling items in Poundworld but a 99p item costing £20+ is not a bargain

I agree with you that not all buyers are old, I'm not and bought loads from them in the past as did my family however the channels have been getting worse for years

I have to disagree about them being falling price channels because now they have the clock they set the price and then say do you want it? no ok lets move on to the next thing. In the past the price had to keep falling until they sold out of the quantity for that lot/drop which made it more fun to watch as things did go cheaper than they wanted them to and it was fun to try and guess when was the best time to buy, some I won and some I lost

Fun Gone
Service worse
range of products worse
speed of delivery worse
delivery charges ridiculous when your having to wait up to 2 weeks to have it delivered, I've said it before but they often delivered within a day or 2 a few years back and whilst the £7.99 was high it was more acceptable than these days

I don't have an issue with them selling items in Poundworld but a 99p item costing £20+ is not a bargain

I agree with you, they pretty much control the price and the clock enforces what Bid/Price drop want for each item. The presenter finishes off the charade by telling the audience just how good a deal they've got.

@Bingo, yep you're right, Sit-up can sell at whatever price they like - it's an open market after all. Morally though it's not right to inflate the price by such a huge margin.
A lot of presenters have said in the past that they buy in 'bulk'.... and pass those savings onto the customers - what savings are those then? I imagine Poundland/world buy in bulk too.

Fun Gone
Service worse
range of products worse
speed of delivery worse

they havent sold a 99p item for £20. they have sold a collection of items, some of which are available at a pound shop for a price plus p and p.

I agree with you, they pretty much control the price and the clock enforces what Bid/Price drop want for each item. The presenter finishes off the charade by telling the audience just how good a deal they've got.

@Bingo, yep you're right, Sit-up can sell at whatever price they like - it's an open market after all. Morally though it's not right to inflate the price by such a huge margin.
A lot of presenters have said in the past that they buy in 'bulk'.... and pass those savings onto the customers - what savings are those then? I imagine Poundland/world buy in bulk too.

you should look into the cost price of your starbucks coffee or your litre of petrol from BP or you fries from macdonalds. and then come and discuss an inflated margin.

The criticism of Bid and Price Drop is threefold with regards to this thread:

1) Their falling price status is dubious as most of the products mentioned are DOTD
2) Their price-checks are highly selective and rely on customers not checking google
3) If the customers are not innocent, old or impressionable then they must be very misguided or to be blunt stupid to pay such prices when a cursory check of the internet reveals cheaper prices often with quicker delivery and normally cheaper p and p

so anyone who diesnt like/use/trust the internet is stupid?

Latest posts

Back