Postage - a solution?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know it tends to be accepted that free p&p is covered in the actual item price in many cases but this week I received a
20 kilo sack of dog food, free p&p, that cost me a third of what I'd have paid for the exact same stuff bought & collected in person locally. And it arrived the day after I ordered it!

I know it tends to be accepted that free p&p is covered in the actual item price in many cases but this week I received a
20 kilo sack of dog food, free p&p, that cost me a third of what I'd have paid for the exact same stuff bought & collected in person locally. And it arrived the day after I ordered it!

Was that Zooplus by any chance?

I get kitty litter and prescription dry food delivered - last order was 48 kilos of litter plus 6 kilos of food... P&P free and a loyalty points scheme too.

Saved us the strain of lugging it home.

I buy my dog food from Zooplus 30kg at a time 5% discount, loyalty points and FREE delivery.
They often have a free gift with the food as well so it is win win all round.
QVC could learn a LOT from retailers like them.
While I don't think I have ever recommended Q to any one I am constantly recommending Zooplus

Ps. Can I ask, IF I ever bought a top from qvc (it's a big if!!) and got it home to try for size and it didn't fit or suit me, have I then got to pay the return postage as well as my original postage?! Surely they include a return label? Sorry if I've misunderstood. I've only ever either kept an item (not clothing) or it's been a biggie where I heard them say they would collect it from you to return...

You can return the item under DSR to at least have the P&P Q charge to send the item refunded but you still pay to return it, however it's not always that expensive to return sometimes if it is just a top you can often return in large letter so 1st class is 93p. If Q continues to charge this way then I feel everyone should use DSR!

They need to change their ways as their increase in profits could just be the hike in prices the last 18 months or so, it's possibly very short sighted management, eventually people will move back to the high street for a lot of things as parking is not as expensive as they make out. Also if I buy say a couple of pairs of shoes, a top or two, dress, jeans & some jewellery I come home after paying one parking fee, for me about 10 miles worth of unleaded petrol carrying about 4/5 carrier bags like all of us you put several things in one bag so it's hardly hard work, then I don't have the Hermes courier arriving day after day with one bag then the next day maybe two then the next day another and so on it's ridiculous!! I am gradually buying from elsewhere I may see it first on Q but if I can get it elsewhere I usually do, in fact the other night sense prevailed and I cancelled 4 orders from Q as they really don't deserve my customer anymore!

Oh I'm off to check Zooplus!

QVC make ALOT of money from the p&p - pure and simple.

GOSH! Since joining this forum, the scales have really fell from my eyes regarding QVC, having only recently gone on the internet( I know, I'm a dinosaur!) I hadn't got many ways of comparing prices. When I think of the 2 way P&P I've lost in returning impulse buys ( mostly due to presenters hype or ez.pay) it must add up to a fortune! I recently lost over £7 returning an item £31 in the first place but I didn't mind because I found almost the same item (better actually! Leighton Denny set) in TK MAXX at less than half the price, so I was still in pocket! So thanks to you lot, I will shop around a lot more in the future.:up: Only downside is, I can't always understand the abbreviations, sometimes I spend ages trying to work out what something means, only to find out it's a spelling mistake! LOL (see I'm learning!):clapping:

Sorry to be a bit slow on the uptake here but...

If I just return something I do not like, I pay the return P&P. But do Q automatically refund me the delivery P&P or do I have to say I am returning this item I do not like under DSR so please refund me both the price and the P&P?????????

To get a refund of outgoing postage you must cancel the order in writing (email will do), within 7 days of receipt, mentioning the Distance Selling Regs. The item must be returned, unused (differs from the 30 day mbg) preferably in the original packaging. HTH (hope that helps).

I buy my dog food from Zooplus 30kg at a time 5% discount, loyalty points and FREE delivery.
They often have a free gift with the food as well so it is win win all round.
QVC could learn a LOT from retailers like them.
While I don't think I have ever recommended Q to any one I am constantly recommending Zooplus

I agree madmax. I use Zooplus and Northern Parrots for my parakeet supplies. NP usually dispatch my things within 2 hours of my order - and it comes next day, free p&p. Brilliant company!
Wish Q would "get with the progam"!

Akimbo, thank you that is very clear. I have written it down verbatim in the back of my diary for future reference!!!!

Sorry to be a bit slow on the uptake here but...

If I just return something I do not like, I pay the return P&P. But do Q automatically refund me the delivery P&P or do I have to say I am returning this item I do not like under DSR so please refund me both the price and the P&P?????????

This is what I email

Heading - Notification of Cancellation & Return of order under DSR

I am returning this and cancelling this order under DSR.

Add my name & account, order number, item number, short description of item and price including the P&P (so the full refund you are entitled to)

I always email as you will get confirmation email back so they can't try and get out of admitting they have not been notified which they sometimes have tried by phone, by adding the short description and refund amount enables me to check it quickly when the refund email arrives so if they haven't refunded the P&P I can chase it.

Thanks JW2. Have added all that to my diary note so am geared up for a return if I ever need to make one!

I still do not plan on buying clothes etc from them because it is all so much of a palaver. I prefer to take my life in my hands and go to the Dreaded High St.

I no longer use Zooplus since they started to charge shipping to Northern Ireland(we are classed as part of the UK which has free shipping!!!:mysmilie_51:). I believe they also charge to ship to the Highlands of Scotland.

I use a local pet store who deliver free, have a loyality scheme and I get free stuff(a large cat Royal Canine tower scratching post). He also usually knocks a few pounds off my Royal Canine as well.

Another fellow zooplus fan here too! I love guessing what half of the German means on my boy's food! Recently moved away from royal canin food to give some of the cheaper but low grain foods a go and his highness seems to approve!

Must be so annoying when companies won't deliver to Northern Island or charge you a premium for the pleasure!

This is what I email

Heading - Notification of Cancellation & Return of order under DSR

I am returning this and cancelling this order under DSR.

Add my name & account, order number, item number, short description of item and price including the P&P (so the full refund you are entitled to)

I always email as you will get confirmation email back so they can't try and get out of admitting they have not been notified which they sometimes have tried by phone, by adding the short description and refund amount enables me to check it quickly when the refund email arrives so if they haven't refunded the P&P I can chase it.

My emails are very similar but I add this sentence which seem to reduce the amount of p&p that I have to chase: "Can you confirm that the original P&P will also be refunded without me having to chase it?" It means they have to reply agreeing that they will, which seems to focus their efforts.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your first post Louise66, maybe Q ought to offer an online customer suggestion box so we can all give our ideas re postage, not that I think that would change anything. They seem to ignore the moans that are regularly posted on facebook. As customers we can only vote with our feet and I am using Amazon,ebay etc much more than I used to because of postage costs, that's probably why I keep getting easy pay voucher codes in the post from Q, trying to encourage me to buy more.

I don't know what the criteria is, Pandora, for being 'rewarded' with these EP codes but, I have been shopping with the Q since it's inception and have only received one a couple of times. That doesn't bother me really, as it wouldn't determine whether I bought or not. It does smack a tad of desperation, however, and makes one wonder if the Q is experiencing financial difficulties. Having said that, perhaps they are just trying to maximise sales, rather than being apathetic and sitting on their laurels.

My emails are very similar but I add this sentence which seem to reduce the amount of p&p that I have to chase: "Can you confirm that the original P&P will also be refunded without me having to chase it?" It means they have to reply agreeing that they will, which seems to focus their efforts.

Lol love that! When I chase I put in the heading and text Incorrect Yet Again! I go for ages without having to chase then lol! Makes you wonder and due to my cynical nature I would say it may be on purpose!

Call me a genius - or sad - but I had an epiphany! No, seriously, I know that, whilst delivery is quite often accurate, it is an addition to the cost of one's order and may, consequently, deter one from making a purchase. How about, at the beginning of the year, putting aside an amount of money to cover postage of any orders? This could be for just QVC orders, or all online orders. Would it make any difference?

Ehhh? I thought you had come up with a solution that would benefit US, not the Q. I have a better idea why don't Q put aside all the money they make from postage charges over the year use the interest made to give us a whole year P&P FREE, oh yeah, that's better!

Latest posts

Back