Plus size rant !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
:taphead:Have just seen the plus size model squashed into a full length leather coat on the Centigrade midnight show, and the garment just about met edge to edge - there was no way she could do the buttons up.

Why oh why dont the dressers behind the scenes at least get the right size for the plus size models to parade in. Time and time again whenever there is a tsv fashion line on offer, the plus size model parades in a garment that is obviously a size too small ! and being plus size myself (anything between an 18 and 22), I take one look and think, if I am going to look like that, forget it !!!!

The one exception generally is Joy. Despite having a bust to rest a tray on, she does have a slimmer bottom half, so looks good in most things; but the worse offender is the Kim and Co tsvs, I cringe when the plus size lady is wheeled out and every lump and bump is exposed., because that range really DOES NOT cater for the well covered body !

haven't seen this particular show but i agree it is cruel to parade your models in clothes that are too tight....they used to do the same to Kathy when she was presenting fashion. She'd say ''i really need the large but we only had the medium''.... WHY?? Have they not heard of preparation?? Makes the channel look cheap.

The fashion behind the scenes people must only get one size Medium for display, too mean to actually get one in each size to show on air. Julia just tells us its a small anyway.

haven't seen this particular show but i agree it is cruel to parade your models in clothes that are too tight....they used to do the same to Kathy when she was presenting fashion. She'd say ''i really need the large but we only had the medium''.... WHY?? Have they not heard of preparation?? Makes the channel look cheap.

This amazes me too, why the hell don't they bring along a sample in each size? It's not only the plus sizes either, I've seen some of the presenters wearing items that are too big as well and having to pinch the fabric in to show how it's supposed to look. It's not rocket science!

It aggravates me too! The plus-size model they used at midnight (haven't seen today's shows) is a really lovely looking woman and getting her in a coat that was a size too small was ridiculous. Although I am not surprised they struggle with Centigrade. I find their sizings realy inconsistent. I am a size 20 (well a size 21 hip/bust and size 18 waist!) - in one coat I have I am an XL, in another a 3XL and in one I once tried even the XL swamped me! I know the cut is going to make a difference but surely not by so many sizes? I like Centigrade because the prices allow me to have a variety of looks and colours in my coats but I only ever buy by measurements, not by the quoted size.

I remember watching an Indigo Moon TSV a couple of years ago and the guest wasn't the usual designer guest ( is the designer called Julia? can't remember). Well the garment the guest presenter had on looked quite fitted, not boxy like some of the Indigo Moon creations are and indeed, like the one the QVC presenter was wearing. At the end of the show, she stood up and turned around briefly, spoiling the illusion.....because the back of the garment was pulled together with a big peg, pulling it in :grin: It wasn't the studio microphone, it was a big peg :giggle:

I do get the impression that QVC treat plus size people as 2nd class citizens as some ranges don't even go up to 2xl let alone 3xl.

Smacks of discrimination to me.

Its not just plus size that annoys me. I am a 6' tall size 18. To buy any fashion I need to have the exact measurements. Most dresses never have the length advertised. I would never buy fashion from QVC as they just dont design for my shape.
Did anyone see Kathy in the red TSV coat today, she looked awfully lumpy. I dont know how they can put a presenter in something that does not flatter them.

The TSV was described as "swing back" but on the plus size model the back was quite fitted verging on the tight, certainly any swing had been taken up in the fit. A properly fitting swing-back coat should flatter a more voluptuous body.

I'm looking for a light mac but they lost their sale today.

I don't understand why the plus size models have to be highlighted at all, most woman are size 16 or over so surely they should have more models that are over that size and a minority minus size model?

Latest posts

Back