Plus size model

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did anyone else think that the plus sized model on the midnight show could have done with a larger size in the indigo Moon jackets? She could only fasten one button, which made the jacket "pull" under the bust. The other buttons just would not have fastened, the edges of the jacket did not even meet. Round the back, the jacket pulled across the waist and hips. It looked a real mess.

I'm a plus size lady and the modelling of this jacket put me right off it, I would never order it based on this demonstration.

Linda:confused:

i've often heard Kathy say they didn't have her size for her to wear on a presentation so she's had to leave it undone. Perhaps that's what happened with this model. Quite frankly, in both instances, it's inexcusable.

Did anyone else think that the plus sized model on the midnight show could have done with a larger size in the indigo Moon jackets? She could only fasten one button, which made the jacket "pull" under the bust. The other buttons just would not have fastened, the edges of the jacket did not even meet. Round the back, the jacket pulled across the waist and hips. It looked a real mess.

I'm a plus size lady and the modelling of this jacket put me right off it, I would never order it based on this demonstration.

Linda:confused:

Yes it was far too small, I feel sorry for the plus size models not
only do they have to parade around with the stick thin models
but then they put them in under sized clothes, poor girles must
feel mortified.
QVC should be ashamed, there is no excuse for such a big company continuingly making plus size models squeeze into fashion items that come in
sizes upto 3Xl.
Shame Shame Shame on you QVC:mad:

I agree with all of you. If QVC are selling stuff then at least they should have the correct sizes for the models otherwise it defeats the object as people will be put off buying stuff. Its no good banging on about real fashion for real women if you can't even dress a plus size model in the right size!!:confused:

yes i noticed that the clothes were deffinately to small for her
and they constantly over the two hours had her in browny taupe colours

It is also pretty offensive for the model concerned.

Yes please come on as a plus size model...... of course we don't actually have clothes big enough for you, but don't worry about that'
As anyone who has struggled with weight, or who is larger than a size 12 knows, it can be mortifying when you are too big for clothes - and this model was made to go on TV and demonstrate it.

Perhaps it is just me, but I feel really quite angry about what I have just read :mad:

Yes please come on as a plus size model...... of course we don't actually have clothes big enough for you, but don't worry about that'
As anyone who has struggled with weight, or who is larger than a size 12 knows, it can be mortifying when you are too big for clothes - and this model was made to go on TV and demonstrate it.

Perhaps it is just me, but I feel really quite angry about what I have just read :mad:
Thank you for drawing to our attention - I hope QVC are reading this thread :(

I am plus size and old and wrinklee as well, hardly the perfect QVC customer, altho they do seem to get a lot of my money.

I wish they would be realistic over sizes, I did not see the TSV, but really feel so sorry not just for the plus size girls but all the models. they work hard and must get so bored showing some of the more tatty items.

On another link someone has made reference to a presenter's cattiness towards a model, and we all know AY is obnoxious to them sometimes, and they, poor things, just have to smile and ignore it. Hope they say their piece off camera, they should be treated with the same respect and courtesy as everybody else. QVC should enforce some basic standards of behaviour to all their employees.

Doing the make up shows must be very tiring, ok when it is LG or SB or Bobbi Brown, the better makes, but when you get someone like that italian gigolo Luigi literally plastering them with mud coloured make up, it must be very hard to smile, after all, they have their image to protect and do not want to look silly on camera as it is their professional appearance that is at stake.

They must be very well paid to put up with it, and they thoroughly deserve it.
Well, most,anyway, one or two smiley exceptions come to mine.

God can you imagine what it would be like with Jill Franks presenting it with plus size people :eek:

I turned it off I couldn't watch anymore I felt so sorry for her :(

Was it Joy the gorgeous black girl?
if so i doubt she was fussed.... ive seen her on Models Prefer and she knows she's hot.

generally speaking though its totally crap that they put larger girls in clothes that are too small.

and have you notice how they constantly turn the collar and cuffs up to make things look "better"? how often do you see people walking around with their collars turned up? they'd look total twonks.

Was it Joy the gorgeous black girl?
if so i doubt she was fussed.... ive seen her on Models Prefer and she knows she's hot.

generally speaking though its totally crap that they put larger girls in clothes that are too small.

and have you notice how they constantly turn the collar and cuffs up to make things look "better"? how often do you see people walking around with their collars turned up? they'd look total twonks.

I thought the turned up collar and cuffs was a 1980's style favoured by Princess Diana. Did not realise it was "back in vogue" (not) :eek:

Linda

I agree with you Jayne. It's insulting.

I think the very fact that they refer to these girls 'as the plus size model' is insulting, why do they have say that, it's quite obvious!

QVC are very patronsiing in this respect, ie ooh aren't you lucky that we supply big sizes unlike the high street - well QVC the high street have got wise to you - ever heard of Evans?

They should really be called normal size I reckon! Most plus sizes are a size 12 and up aren't they? Last time I looked, I was a size 12 and I most definitely am not bigger than average!

Sooner they start calling the "normal" models minus size the better!

Latest posts

Back