Plimsolls ???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
First it was Jill Franks ditching her killer heels in favour of trainers, and now we've got Jackie Kabler in the DIY hour trying hard to look 20 again in her plimsolls !l What a difference from when she first appeared - decent haircut, elegant clothing and being very "Gloria Hunniford". Now she's got the weird extensions, is hyper squeally and is clearly desperate to be 'edgy'. She's clearly been in the company of the other donuts for too long.

I made a rare trip to London yesterday (to see 42nd Street - super sensational), and it must be said, looking down at all the footwear - heels were nowhere in evidence - it was comfort shoes/trainers all around and all age groups; and I agree because I live in Skechers, however I don't wear them to be fashionable to keep up with the trendies.

jackie kablers afghan hound ears were all my eyes could see and that cheap dress oh and the trainers

I love wearing them and I'm no spring chicken! Also, brissles, I saw 42nd Street on Wednesday and thought it was super fabulous!!!!!!! The matinee was packed, the audience went wild! Absolutely taptastic!

She looked absolutely ridiculous this morning. Anne Dawson also looked hideous on a 'fashion' show last night and don't get me started on Julia, Jilly and well all the others really. None of them looks 'put together' as my mother would say.

There are lots of super smart flats around that are not trainers. I've never been able to wear heels - starting mostly with size availability (can mostly only get drag shoes or boring stilettos in a nine), but also encompassing comfort, ability to take orthotics, and culminating now with needing a width that didn't exacerbate the Morton's neuromas pre surgery. I live in dread of formal events as they throw me into a real quandry. I really envy people who can wear gorgeous heels. You are so lucky!

I love wearing them and I'm no spring chicken! Also, brissles, I saw 42nd Street on Wednesday and thought it was super fabulous!!!!!!! The matinee was packed, the audience went wild! Absolutely taptastic!

Yes, I would highly recommend any forumite who can get to see it, then do ! Its THE best musical with wall to wall tap dancing. I too went to the matinee and it was packed to the roof. The costumes are sensational, the scenery is breathtaking, and the dancing is beyond superb.
I would add that I also wasted money going to see the film La La Land - it doesn't even rate a mention in my book.

Sorry, went off piste a bit there.

There are lots of super smart flats around that are not trainers. I've never been able to wear heels - starting mostly with size availability (can mostly only get drag shoes or boring stilettos in a nine), but also encompassing comfort, ability to take orthotics, and culminating now with needing a width that didn't exacerbate the Morton's neuromas pre surgery. I live in dread of formal events as they throw me into a real quandry. I really envy people who can wear gorgeous heels. You are so lucky!

A Morton's is so painful, so I do sympathise. I had a cortisone injection for mine, and it did the trick. Took a few weeks mind to 'kick in' but have been pain free for over 4 years now.

I have a high instep and cannot wear totally flat shoes need something with a arch support in them. Plimsolls makes me think of school and having to wear for PE. I actually damaged my arch in one foot and had to have my foot and ankle strapped up for 6 weeks.

This morning Alison K was on and talking about the wonderful makeup artist/hair stylist they now had. In the old days they had to do it themselves. Yes, and you looked so much better for it.

Jackie is sooooo fond of that Pocahontas hairdo, she must never look in a mirror or watch herself on playback as a flying blind horse could see the mismatch of those dreadful extensions.

Don't like her, don't like her plimsoles, don't like trainers on my own feet.

Yes, I would highly recommend any forumite who can get to see it, then do ! Its THE best musical with wall to wall tap dancing. I too went to the matinee and it was packed to the roof. The costumes are sensational, the scenery is breathtaking, and the dancing is beyond superb.
I would add that I also wasted money going to see the film La La Land - it doesn't even rate a mention in my book.

Sorry, went off piste a bit there.

yep I went to a matinee too a few weeks ago .Very high energy fantastic tapping. Saw it 30 years ago when my dad took me and its just as good. I must admit although I smarten up for the theatre I no longer wear heels because I want comfort but I draw the line at plimsolls.
I happened on a programme on the style channel today and the stylist was enthusing about wearing plimsolls with a fairly dressy cold shoulder dress. She stressed however that they must be pure white plimsolls.
Plimsolls are for PE lessons to me.

A Morton's is so painful, so I do sympathise. I had a cortisone injection for mine, and it did the trick. Took a few weeks mind to 'kick in' but have been pain free for over 4 years now.

Tried the injections for mine, but didn't work, so have had the surgery on both of them. Drastic, but can't be doing with that pain! Glad it worked for you - the recovery from the operation is lengthy and dull.

There is a rather strange poster on the moneysaving site(they come back time and time again with new user names), the same subjects each time. The one that alerts others straight away is the plimsolls threads they start. They want to send their son to school wearing black plimsolls instead of shoes and why its a good idea. Posters keep telling them no its not, one thin soles and will damage the son's feet wearing all day everyday at school. Also,no real support for the feet and then weather, it rains and their feet with be soaking wet.

Latest posts

Back