Please tell me Cashmasoft is rubbish...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
I'm sure I've seen posts on here about the poor quality of Cashmasoft? I remember when they launched the range I'm sure they didn't mention the fact it's all 100% acrylic, I remember wondering what magical material it was made from (rather like Eek, till I realised it's just well-cut cubic zirconia!) I've seen a couple of tops I actually quite like the style of (which is probably worrying in itself) and am wondering if anyone can talk me out of purchasing with tales of rotten stitching, poor washing, embellishments falling off, generally looking a fright style-wise etc.

Any positives about the range also welcomed! :handshake:

my mum has quite a few pieces and the quality is quite variable. some of it is quite nice and soft and some of its like cardboard. just buy it and try it (sound like debbie flint lol) if you hate it demand your postage costs back !

Not sure that the TSV does Cathy Taylor any favours if you look at the picture on the rotator on the home page.
I like CT and I think her face looks really pretty on the photo, but to me the TSV looks rather shapeless and a bit 'Mumsie'.
Can't comment on the quality at all.

I have never been tempted by Cashmasoft, imo it looks cheap and nasty....

I bought a long cardi a few years ago in the £10 fashion clearance and it's still lovely and soft and bobble-free. Then I bought another top and it bobbled almost as I took it out of the placky bag! It's no different from the range M&S do...cashmillion...cashmazing...cash&carry? It's called something like that. But ofcourse that would mean a trip down the dreaded high street!

Jude xx

i dont wear it (cashmasoft) i can go to gap in thier ever going sale and get cotton/silk/wool mix sweaters for under a tenner

The only thing that feels like cashmere is ............ Cashmere! Cashmere has a feel and quality all of it's own and you can now pick up cashmere knitwear at quite reasonable prices (but don't go really cheap, to achieve the price they use fewer threads in the knit and it won't wear well). The bigger High Street Stores have also invested heavily into fabric product development which means that most cashmere is fully washable and much easier to care for than previously. Personally, I do not like synthetic fibres of any description, so wouldn't choose an acrylic knit under any circumstances, but many people are happy to wear synthetic, in which case buy an acrylic jumper from a good quality high street store and it will be as good if not better than Cashmasoft.

Thanks everyone so far :handshake:. The main issue for me is washability (oooh sounds liked a good QVC word if ever there was one!) as I have a 13 week old baby who likes to throw up on/chew the left shoulder of whatever I'm wearing. My entire outfit goes in the wash every evening, I whip it all off (oo-er) in my kitchen every night a la Nick Kamen in the eighties Levi's ad with OH sarcastically singing I Heard it Through the Grapevine :grin:

I have quite a few cashmilon jumpers (M&S) and imo they wash and wear very well, I have no idea why the cashmasoft look so cheap in comparison... especially the pastel colours....

I've had two pieces ArtDeco and both were rubbish for different reasons. the first was a tunic sort of top which felt quite nice when new but bobbled horrendously after just one wash and was only good for doing the housework in :( past the return date unfortunately for me. The second was bought for me by my thoughtful daughter, bless her, and I kept it as I didn't want to offend her. It's thin, rough and couldn't be less like cashmere imho but it does come out now and then just to show her that I wear it. :blush:

A while back they had loads of Cashmasoft long cardis in purple for 99p in the Outlet shop and I still wasn't tempted - looked and felt nothing like cashmere but cheap and nasty. It was during the cold snap before xmas and I tried to persuade my mum to get one but she said she wouldn't wear it either, not even around the house as an extra layer!

I'm not that fussy, by the way, I've got knitwear from Primark and H&M that were cheap and cheerful but look and feel nice and have washed well.

I have quite a few cashmilon jumpers (M&S) and imo they wash and wear very well, I have no idea why the cashmasoft look so cheap in comparison... especially the pastel colours....

Yes, I have a few M&S jumpers and they are fine, wash great. The QVC version is overpriced and does look very cheap.

As well as the awful TSV I was unfortunately mesmerised by the two greasy heads presenting at the launch, guest and JH whilst I was actually drying my own hair.

I once bought a cardigan from this range and it was horrible, thin and patchy looking and very badly finished. I think my local market would have been ashamed to sell it. I reckon baby sick would soak straight through! I sent the offending garment back needless to say.

I'd seen the range a few times on air and it looked nice. One day I caught the last few moments of a OTO, jumped to the phone (JF would have been so proud) and bought two jumpers - needless to say they were frumpy and rubbish quality - all the shape and sophistication of a potato sack.

Lesson learned the hard way with double P&P.

I just can't with acrylic. Doesn't matter how fabulous they say the modern stuff is, I can still feel acrylic clothes crackle like I did as a kid in the 70s.

Makes me shudder.

I think I remember barbedwire saying she'd bought something a while ago and it was carp.
Correct me if I'm wrong barbedwire. :heart:

Latest posts

Back