Planet Charlie Lapson .....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC_addicted_couple

Registered Shopper
I have just caught a minute of the bags Charlie Lapson is showing... apparentley, you can pull a collapseable hat and a shawl out of it...and get a laptop in it too!!!! .....of course u can Charlie,,,its a ****** BIG BAG lol......but what cracked me up was the comment, ' you can it take to the Bahamas.....' get a life. Nice bags they may be but not at that ridiculous price range.
:mysmilie_81:

i would rather have the holiday in the Bahamas that costs roughly the same as one of his bags lol
luckily they are not to my taste but i have often wondered how many they sell. Loads are on last clicks/clearance and there are not many that have reviews but they must sell them or they would drop the range

.....but what cracked me up was the comment, ' you can it take to the Bahamas.....'

Well yes, what a stupid thing to say - why take it all the way to the Bahamas to dump it when you realise just how thin, cheap & carp it really is - just send it back to QVC like normal people would......! :mysmilie_61:

I've got two Charlie Lapson bags, and they're absolutely stunning. The best ones sell out quickly and don't come back.

I watched the 4pm show and they had some beautiful bags in glorious colours, but they were just too expensive for me. I like to have a variety of bags for different outfits and occasions, so £180 per bag is out of the question.

If QVC could find a budget range of similar bags I would be a regular buyer.

i just think they are over priced-the reviews should be brilliant at those prices but they aren't. how can they keep him as a supplier of luxury goods if people aren't generally happy?

how can they keep him as a supplier of luxury goods if people aren't generally happy?

There's a design issue with the QVC review system. If items sell out, and aren't coming back, the item description disappears from the website, along with all the reviews. The two bags I have (bought with easy-pay vouchers) had rave reviews during the short time the item was actually on the site. Those reviews aren't there any more, because the items have sold out. The reviews that we get to read tend to be for things that are still hanging around, ie have not been as successful.

The items that have lots of good reviews on QVC are things that are constantly being re-ordered and re-presented, so the descriptions and reviews don't disappear. Items that are effectively limited edition suffer by comparison.

I bought one last year when, incidentally the prices seemed a little lower. It was a black leather bag with bronze trimmed pockets on the front. Looked fab on the TV but when it arrived it was the thinest leather I've ever felt and also really rough to the touch not "buttery soft" (that phrase makes me want to scream!!!:mysmilie_73:)

Needless to say it went back as it was a "considered purchase" (aaarrrggghh) for me and I didn't "consider" it worth the money!!!:mysmilie_296:

Well yes, what a stupid thing to say - why take it all the way to the Bahamas to dump it when you realise just how thin, cheap & carp it really is - just send it back to QVC like normal people would......! :mysmilie_61:

I absolutely agree with Kitten_with_claws on this subject. I regard my particular CL purchase as the worst item of many purchased (and returned) from ANY shopping channel over 14+ years!.
It was a clutch purse sold as genuine Leather throughout but in reality lined with the thinnest cheap plastic imaginable that split and came away from the frame in no time. Suffice it to say that I wrote a scathing review which never appeared:mysmilie_82:

I like Charlie's bags, although I can't afford them and get my 'on-trend' ones from River Island, but he does make me laugh with his descriptions. I loved the one yesterday - he was building this image of this very glam, very ladylike Hollywood star 'wearing' one of his bags that even has a 'pocket for her gum'!!! Somehow it didn't quite go with the image he was using.

I rarely watch LG and if I do catch a glimpse - I never ever want the bags.

I rarely watch CL (can't stand the name dropping :) ) and if I do catch a glimpse of a bag - I do think some of them are quite nice.

I saw one quickly last nice and thought thats quite nice for £24.90.Then I looked at the price again and it was £249.00.Are they mad??

If I wanted to buy a leather bag for £250,I would have to buy it in a shop - I would want to feel the leather and the quality....................and in all honesty for £250,I'd rather have a Radley :)

They had some in the outlet at Shrewsbury last weekend - I didnt think they were even worth the £60 or so quid they were in there.

I just commented on another thread before I saw this one, I too agree that, whilst I like them, these are outrageously overpriced. I think Charlie's in touch with his feminine side (if you know what I mean) - pity he's not in touch with the everyday shopper who cannot afford these ridiculous prices

Latest posts

Back