Pipa is coming back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

QVC are like the soap operas.

Presenters/actors go off to find their 'fortunes' elsewhere, then when they realise they cant quite cut the mustard in the real world, all the voice-overs and reality shows have dried up and they've run out of money, then back to the cash-cow they return !

I've always wondered, that whilst 'presenters' from the main channels always get coverage in magazines and newspapers, I have never ever seen publicity articles of any presenter from a shopping channel ! and Debbie Greenwood was the only one I had ever heard of in 'real life'. Strange that.

QVC are like the soap operas.

Presenters/actors go off to find their 'fortunes' elsewhere, then when they realise they cant quite cut the mustard in the real world, all the voice-overs and reality shows have dried up and they've run out of money, then back to the cash-cow they return !

I've always wondered, that whilst 'presenters' from the main channels always get coverage in magazines and newspapers, I have never ever seen publicity articles of any presenter from a shopping channel ! and Debbie Greenwood was the only one I had ever heard of in 'real life'. Strange that.

I'd never heard of Debbie before seeing her on QVC personally but my mum reckons she was quite well known. Mind you I guess she would say that; her claim to fame, as it were, is that she delivered Debbie's baby :mysmilie_14:

She was only ever going off for 6 months and said she "would be back"
I hope the time off has given her the time she needed to"rest".
If only the rest of us could take 6 months of to "rest".
That is an interesting thought what would you do if you could take 6 months off work fully paid ?
I would take the time to travel to all of the places I have seen on T.V
The sloth sanctury would be my first place of call, I love them and would give my right arm to get to see them, but I will never get to see them in real life due to lack of funds and my ongoing health problems.

I believe that Pipa, aside from concentrating on her family and moving to another part of the county, wanted to relaunch her website (which she has done) and work on several other projects too. I'm not sure I'd call that 'resting'!

I don't remember it saying anywhere that she took the time off fully paid.

Certainly in the industries that I have worked in, it wasn't rare for people take a couple of months off on sabbatical. What the payment situation was whilst they were on sabbatical, again I don't know.

Are presenters salaried? I thought were all self-employed - if you don't work, you don't earn.

I am sure I am the only one who isn't looking forward to having Pipa back. She is loud and over-bearing, and irritating. picking between her and Sara, there isn't that much to choose from, they are both cut from the same cloth imo. Although Sara is slightly worse of the two.

Oh no! It's "Pipa" and her faux vibrancy and elfin ears! Yeh yeh yeh yeh! Pity we couldn't turn her into a concrete elf and stick her in the garden with raspy-voiced Richard "The Gnome" Jackson I bet she will have dyed her hair auburn with some orange highlights and donned a lime green swatch watch, a chunky ring from The Jewellery Channel in "sleeping beauty turquoise" and some Primark tights to look "individual." She is like a poor man's Annie Lennox. Of course she will return to QVC. Her singing career probably wouldn't sustain. I heard one her tracks and it sounded like a cat that was pissed! I don't think she's the worst presenter but there is just something about her that doesn't ring true.

Last edited:
I like Pipa but agree the Yeh Yeh Yeh did get worse in the year before she went off. They all get on my wick to a greater or lessor extent.
I can't bear to even have the sound off with SG and Chuntley (my teeth are on edge even thinking about them) and even Julia who is the best, when she starts with the numba, orda, etc makes me want to slap her.

Latest posts

Back