Pilates machines from QVC

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
Hi everyone, I was wondering how many of you have bought the Pilates Aero with Cardio Board?

I have had M.E. for a number of years and as I'm now 54 I'm worried as I don't do any exercise because I'm worried about bringing on a flare-up. I have an exercise bike which I can only use for about 10 minutes at the most.

I understand that the Pilates machines are a much more gentle way of exercising so I am seriously thinking about getting one from QVC.

If you have bought one, what do you think of it?

Many thanks in advance,

Carrie

It is the only piece of equipment that has been used well here.I have had mine nearly 5years.

I have one, but sadly not the Aero board as I bought mine many moons ago before the boards came out. I would highly recommend them. They are gentle on your joints and easy to use. You can make it as simple or as demanding as you wish there are so many levels to them.

hi, i would definitely recommend it also...it is a little cumbersome and not great for moving around, so it would be best to have an area where you can keep it out all the time (it can be folded and stored but it is much easier to keep it out, and whatever you do, make sure you are using it on the same storey you are storing it on) a couple of things to be aware of: the aero board is great, especially for the core, but it can make you feel a bit light-headed for a few minutes so build up your routine. also, try to have your machine somewhere close to where you can see the tv - the instructional dvd really helps. finally, it would be wise to have someone help you unload it and help put it together. hope this helps and good luck!

i bought one a couple of years ago hoping it would help me, i have a trapped nerve in my lower back, i don't use it as much as i should but i find if i can use it for a few weeks when my back isn't to bad i do feel better for it. i think it would be worth a 30 day mbg as even the dear postage would not pay for 1 lesson so use it for a month if it does not help send it back . would be interested how you get on as my sister as M E. Good luck

Just wondered if you had been\can be referred to physiotherapist , they might be able to help you select the exercises that best suit your individual condition.

Hi all,

Thanks so much for your helpful replies.

Choppysocks, that's just what I'm looking for, something that's gentle on the joints, so thanks. :)

Karina, I'm sorry to hear you have Lupus, I've heard it can be quite painful. It's great that the pilates machine has helped you so much. As I said to choppysocks, that's what I need, something that's gentle on the joints like this.

It's a lot of money and I honestly can't afford it (credit card to the rescue!) but as I mentioned, I'm worried as I'm stuck now, not doing exercise at all and I know how important it is the older you get.

livelovelaugh, thanks for the tip about making sure you have the tv where you can watch the dvd's, I'd not even thought about that! I have a portable tv/dvd in my bedroom which I'd have to use in the spare room upstairs with the pilates machine. (Mind you, I've not even thought about how we're going to lug a great heavy thing like that upstairs!Thanks too for recommending taking it a bit easy with the cardio board at first. :)

g.t. sorry to hear your sister has M.E. too. Yes, if I do go ahead and buy one (and I'm 99% sure I'll order one today, after watching the 5am show with Marjolein - recorded of course!) I'll let you know how I get on. As you say, I can try it for the 30 days and then send it back if I'm not sure about it.

tuxedokitty, my doctor said that the NHS wouldn't pay for me to see a physiotherapist, I've asked before. He just said that I need to do a little graded exercise and that if I went to a gym they would be able to draw up a plan that suited people with M.E. I thought 'fine if I could afford the weekly gym classes.' I know the pilates machine is very expensive but at least it would be paid for at some point, unlike gym classes where the expense would go on and on. Pilates classes around here are £7.50 for one and a half hours, which doesn't sound a lot, but they don't have the machines and I worked it out that a year's membership would cost around the same as one of the pilates machines.

They are worth the money, I've had mine for around 7 years + and it is still going strong, they are really well made. I'd love the board to go with it but it doesnt fit on my model and I cant justify buying another machine when my old one still has years of work in it yet!!!

If you have the red one with 4 cords choppy sticks the board does fit I have had mine for 2years(board).
I even used mine one legged following knee surgery last year till I could go back to both legs.

If you have the red one with 4 cords choppy sticks the board does fit I have had mine for 2years(board).
I even used mine one legged following knee surgery last year till I could go back to both legs.

No I have the three cord JP performer, which has an intergrated stand. I'm pretty sure from what it says on the website that it is not suitable for my machine.

you are right that is the only machine it can't be fitted on too.
I think what happened is they made that machine narrower and lighter to make it more affordable.

Gulp, well I've done it, I've placed the order for the Aero Cardiac Pilates Machine, the one with the four cords, and also the stand, so my poor credit card's groaning at the moment!

I'll let you all know how I get on when it arrives. (Not sure how long it'll take though, it's coming by UPS - whatever that is?!)

Last edited:
You wont regret buying it I'm sure, I dont think I have ever heard of one being sent back, they tend to suit people of all shapes and sizes and fitness levels. Please let us know how you get on when it arrives!

BTW, when i got mine, i ended up calling the people who make it for some help putting it together (they are really friendly) and they told me how the prices on QVC are better than anywhere else. I have to thank QVC for bringing the pilates machines to air because they are great and so affordable through QVC. I have seen a couple of other machines on other shopping channels etc now and realise that they are not as good as QVC's because they don't have the range of movement. It is an expensive item, but it pays for itself very quickly. Good luck!!!!

Gulp, well I've done it, I've placed the order for the Aero Cardiac Pilates Machine, the one with the four cords, and also the stand, so my poor credit card's groaning at the moment!

I'll let you all know how I get on when it arrives. (Not sure how long it'll take though, it's coming by UPS - whatever that is?!)

Hi there, I've had one for about 3 years now - I probably don't use it as much as I should (always running out of time) but I do enjoy it and always feel good afterwards. The board is good because my knees are slightly dodgy and it doesn't do them any harm. :)

UPS is United Parcel Service - a courier service for parcels.

Good luck with it, hope it helps.

Pilates machines

Ebay is a great place to buy a cheap Pilates machine . You usually have to collect but even if you arrange for a courrier it works out much cheaper than QVC . But of course you can't send it back .

I think you will be delighted with the Pilates machine I'm a above knee amputee and can still do many of the exercises.

Unfortunately I've got the Pilates Performer so can't use a cardio board, but there are so many exercises I can still do.

I was recently talking to a Rheumatologist and he said Pilates is excellent for Arthritis and Fibromyalgia.

Let us know how you get on.

I think you will be delighted with the Pilates machine I'm a above knee amputee and can still do many of the exercises.

Unfortunately I've got the Pilates Performer so can't use a cardio board, but there are so many exercises I can still do.

I was recently talking to a Rheumatologist and he said Pilates is excellent for Arthritis and Fibromyalgia.

Let us know how you get on.

Is your machine the 3 0r 4 cord machine?

Latest posts

Back