Pilates machine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Polly Esther

Registered Shopper
Could do with a bit of advice from anyone who has one.

I am going to give up my gym membership next month. I don't go enough to justify the expense and really would like something a little more low impact. Having watched Margerine(!) B on QVC many times I am very tempted by the machine they have on there (with the cardio board) particularly as it is on 3 x easy pay.

However, I also have been looking at other machines and wonder if anyone can advise me on the best one to get.

There are two others I have seen. One, is the JP Performer which has an integrated stand (and I really like the idea of a stand to make it easier to get on and off the thing). However - this one is incompatible with the cardio board. BUT....do I really NEED the cardio board? I think I am getting it more for the pilates rather than the cardio....unless the cardio board is a must have!

Then there is an older model - just called the Pilates performer (has a red top). This does NOT come with the stand...but is compatible with the cardio board, if I wanted to buy one later on.

In any case, I'm not worried about foldability etc, as it'll be out permanently in the spare room.

Both of these models are considerably cheaper than the one on QVC...but I really don't know which one to go for. Is the cardio board important? What about the stand?

Oh and then there's the question of DVD - the only DVDs QVC seem to sell are the ones for the cardio machine.

HELP!!

Last edited:
I have got the Performer with stand which is in the cupboard as I have moved and have nowhere to put it. I agree you need the stand. Not sure about the cardioboard just seems like more money! I am going to selll mine as it is not toning much stuck in the cupboard!!
Carol

hi birdie!
i really rate my pilates machine, although it can be a bit annoying to keep it folded up all the time - i also have limited space so finding space for it is really difficult so it has to be kept folded up. i would recommend the cardio board as it gives more options and it is very easy to incorporate it in your routine.

i think having the stand is a great thing, however, it is not essential and when you start there are loads of postures that are possible without the need of the stand...it comes down to space and how easy it is to move. given the choice, i would definitely take the stand, but moving the thing around all the time makes it less of a need for me...

qvc used to sell a 4-in-1 trolley which you may want to think about getting also if you will be moving it around...i decided to get one and it has made moving it from room to room that little bit easier - it is possible to do it without, but if you struggle, for the trolley! hope that helps!

Thanks!

I think that's made up my mind then. I will get the performer (red top) as it has the ability to have the cardio board if I decide I want one later on. At least I can try this one without the stand and can buy one later if I really feel I need one. Luckily I won't need to move it around at all, as I have a spare room it can be set up on the floor permanently.

At the end of the day £89 (which is how much this is!) is way cheaper than £300!:1:

Where are you getting one from for £89? What make is it? I've been thinking of getting a pilates machine but the prices have been putting me off rather.

Where are you getting one from for £89? What make is it? I've been thinking of getting a pilates machine but the prices have been putting me off rather.

It's a proper one (as far as I can see). Think it's the older model that QVC had before they had the ones with the cardio board. They also have the other one with the built in stand. The seller seems to have good feedback, but having just taken the plunge, I will report back on how it is when it arrives, it if helps.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/bea..._fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=&_osacat=0

i think you have a good deal here and the delivery is very fair, esp compared to qvc's ridiculous prices! i suspect that it is just the branding that is different, and possibly rio are starting other ways of selling? either way, the machines are well made and if you can leave it out all the time hopefully you'll get good use out of it! they are quite heavy though (for me - i had a removal guy practically lift it with his little finger) so i would recommend making a space for it before it is due so you will not have to move it too much...and remember that you need to have plenty of space around the machine for all the stretching!

It's a proper one (as far as I can see). Think it's the older model that QVC had before they had the ones with the cardio board. They also have the other one with the built in stand. The seller seems to have good feedback, but having just taken the plunge, I will report back on how it is when it arrives, it if helps.

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/bea..._fromfsb=&_trksid=m270.l1313&_odkw=&_osacat=0

I suspect it is direct from Rio as I noticed the seller is in Cheltenham, and that is where Rio beauty are based.

Well my performer eventually arrived yesterday. And it was from Rio direct. There had been a bit of a delay as the first one that was sent out was damaged in transit, but the seller was very good and sent another and refunded my postage.

Set it all up yesterday (wasn't easy!) and was amazed at how enormous it is a full stretch!!

Had a bit of a go. Haven't done the whole DVD yet, by any means as I want to do a few exercises and get them right. And some are going to take some practice I think! Was also a bit surprised at how much hard work it is really (why wouldn't it be, I know!).

Am taking it easy, as I'm not too well at the moment, but I can already feel the pull in my thighs and tummy today.

Did anyone else find the exercises took them a while to "get" at first?

Mega bargain at £89 though!

It is harder than it looks but it is great exercise.
I had not used mine for a few weeks, but used it a few times over the last couple of weeks, and found myself realising I was standing straight than had been .

I dunno if I am allowed to say this but I have one for sale- the JP performer with built in stand . I too watched 'Margerine' for ages and finally bought one .It is the only exercise I can honestly say I enjoy doing . I have just upgraded to a bigger one so the OH can use it too . It is in excellent condition for £50 if you can collect from West Yorks . It will fit on the back seat of an average car .

Well I've had two sessions on this now and I've gotta say my muscles are in agony!! But I guess that means it's doing something!

Does anyone else find their shoulders get a bit sore from pushing up against the rests?

I'm looking for a pilates machine with a cardio board if anyone can help. I'm London area but willing to drive for the right item. Thanks.

Suzy - the one I bought from ebay (seller Beautywhole) didn't have the cardioboard, but was only £89 and is one of the ones the cardioboard fits.

I'm going to buy the cardioboard separately later on. Much cheaper than buying it altogether.

Latest posts

Back