Philosophy Smell..?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

daydreamer

Registered Shopper
I bought the ~try me~ kit last month, thinking to have a replacement for Molton Brown..it was the kit with the ~Pure Grace~ body butter, I thought it smelt ok, soapy,nothing grand, but was shocked when my son came round later and was looking for where the cat had pee'd :eek:, :eek: I realised it was the ~Grace~ turned wierd on me!..sorry Yankee Candles, but I put the blame on to the peppermint tart I was burning at the time :rolleyes: I discreetly asked daughter what I smelt like.."eww" was her reply! I have since returned it all but, unfortunately, also bought the set of Amazing Grace, now this is fine on me, except that the smell last no longer than about 20minutes can't be bothered to return it all as weighs too much :mad:

Am back to Tova Signature...and Palmolive bath stuff! :D

daydreamer

i have the PG edp and the body lotion and love the smell of both. I wouldn't buy the edp again though cos as you say the fragrance only lasts 20 mins or so...i also bought the tart off Darls which is gorgeous ( and lasts a lot longer ;) ). I've never tried the body butters though.

I had a bottle of the Pure Grace perfume and it did the same to me too - it smelt really strange on me, like ammonia - I gave it to my mother who wore it and it smelt gorgeous on her...strange...

I got the try me kit and so far have only tried Hope in a Jar though it was ok on my skin I couldn't stand the smell and took it back off.
I can only assume that the bods at Philosophy have no sense of smell and have been around their products too long to get any.

Like Mrs James i bought the Baby Grace tarts from Darls and fell in love(no pun intended) with the smell - i had tried the Philosophy Falling in Love before and did not like it -but the Baby Grace is for me!! I agree with Mrs J Darls tarts scent last soooo long - we are spoiled.

i think for the price you pay they are dissapointing. i feel that the skin care is definately in my opinion over hyped. it smells bad and left my skin worse. the perfumes do not leave your skin scented for long. when they are doing a philosophy hour they say that the smell of the body wash lingers on your skin. but i do not seem to notice that. they are ok but nothing special. i bought a organic body wash from ASDA for 2.99 and i much prefer that.

I also think its over hyped and its a clever marketing angle they have , the guy on qvc is also so full of blarney and I have Pure and amazing but neither last long and the pure is the fastest bottle of cologne i have ever used in my life, i must have sprayed it over and over and its so diluted that i would never buy the stuff again.
The Margerita shower gel smells like fairy :eek:

Smells don't last and the shower creams irritate my skin something awful. The only thing in the range I really liked was the foot cream but can't seem to get that separate so don't touch the range.

I returned some perfume because it disappeared quickly on me too.:(
I love the HIAJ and The great mystery. I also like the bath and shower cream and body cream. I put loads on and it lasts for about half a day!

I like the smell of the perfumes but they just don't last.
They are more like body sprays but with a dearer price tag. :(

I now tend to use the perfume and then use the body lotion AFTER - it seems to last longer that way.

I once had a chat with the Philosophy rep in SpaceNK, they no longer sell the brand now. The guy was a mate of Lee by the way.

Philosophy are an American company and the trend in America is very PC where perfume is concerned. Workplaces even ask or ban their employees from wearing any, this is because people claim to have allergies. I am sure people do and many perfumes if worn too strong will make people cough etc in inclosed places.

What the rep said about Philosophy perfumes is, we(Philosopy) think fresh light fragrances are youthful.

So take your pick. I describe Philosophy perfume for people who don't really like perfume. Its light and just disappears quickly.

I once had a chat with the Philosophy rep in SpaceNK, they no longer sell the brand now. The guy was a mate of Lee by the way.

Philosophy are an American company and the trend in America is very PC where perfume is concerned. Workplaces even ask or ban their employees from wearing any, this is because people claim to have allergies. I am sure people do and many perfumes if worn too strong will make people cough etc in inclosed places.

What the rep said about Philosophy perfumes is, we(Philosopy) think fresh light fragrances are youthful.

So take your pick. I describe Philosophy perfume for people who don't really like perfume. Its light and just disappears quickly.

I agree with that totally. Most high street fragrances make me feel really ill. I can get a headache and start feeling really sick straight after smelling one. They all seem to have the same smell to me, it must be a common base or chemical or something that I'm sensitive to. I came away from the cinema the other week feeling awful all because of the perfume the woman sitting in front of me was wearing.

I've never had that reaction to the philosophy ones, I can wear them myself or be around others wearing them no problem at all.

As a side note: I find all the philosophy fragrance products last all day on me, even the shower gels.

I used the AG body cream at about 9am today and it is still smelling now. IYKWIM.

Yes, people may claim to have allergies in order to get what they want: an instant stop without further argument. People may have indeed have allergies. But I think more truthfully people are just concerned about the chemical issue with synthetic fragrances - exposure = cancer and big scary stuff like that, and lets face it the strong stuff can cause headaches and make you feel unwell. I prefer natural perfumes made of essential oils.

I had a bottle of the Pure Grace perfume and it did the same to me too - it smelt really strange on me, like ammonia - I gave it to my mother who wore it and it smelt gorgeous on her...strange...

I tried this in a dept store and thought it smelt of ammonia!

Latest posts

Back