Peter Simon is a disgrace

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree, I turned it off after a bit. Was he selling the cricket sweater he was wearing?
I do like Helen but her personality seems to totally change when around Peter Simon, its like she lowers her IQ & comes across as not very sincere. She can be really witty & quick thinking such as when she had her own late night slot "Batsey's Bargains", she would be so professional on that. I try not to judge her when appearing with Peter as nobody really comes off looking good when with him imo.

Indeed Mr M. Sadly it seems that too much association with the Dirty one is bad for an individual, just look at Elisa Portelli?. I used to really like her but now she is always saying crap like 'you'll loose your job over that price' and other such nonsense.

I don't tune in for long when Helen is on with Peter. In my opinion they can be unacceptably smutty together which I personally think has no place on a shopping channel.

But sadly it's yet another example of just how far off from the norm these channels can be.

(I can only assume he was selling the Cricket Sweater, which I think he changed into after the Gayfords. It looked kind of shapeless didn't it, hanging off his carcass?)

Last edited:
I've noticed he now does the Larry Grayson "turn to the left and stare" now for literally everything he says. I thought it was supposed to highlight the fact he's said something that may or may not be construed as smutty..He now does it for "I went into the paper shop today" Unless he's suggesting he screwed it!!!! Yeah, probably...that's that mystery over!

I've noticed he now does the Larry Grayson "turn to the left and stare" now for literally everything he says. I thought it was supposed to highlight the fact he's said something that may or may not be construed as smutty..He now does it for "I went into the paper shop today" Unless he's suggesting he screwed it!!!! Yeah, probably...that's that mystery over!

That's right Merry, he seems to just do it for the sake of it.

'I woke up today' (turns to camera)
'I was walking down the road' (turns to camera)
'I breathed' (turns to camera)

OK, i'm exaggerating but you get the idea. I genuinely have no idea what he is trying to do with it anymore, I suspect the crew don't either.

He should take a look at Tim Vine for inspiration. Good funny jokes but nothing smutty. Even I can write better jokes than him and that us saying something!

I dunno something like

I went to the sweet shop and said I can't choose which chocolate bar to get. The shop keeper said why don't you try a wispa?

Look to side camera

So I said why have you got a headache?

PJ

Indeed Mr M. Sadly it seems that too much association with the Dirty one is bad for an individual, just look at Elisa Portelli?. I used to really like her but now she is always saying crap like 'you'll loose your job over that price' and other such nonsense.

I don't tune in for long when Helen is on with Peter. In my opinion they can be unacceptably smutty together which I personally think has no place on a shopping channel.

But sadly it's yet another example of just how far off from the norm these channels can be.

(I can only assume he was selling the Cricket Sweater, which I think he changed into after the Gayfords. It looked kind of shapeless didn't it, hanging off his carcass?)

The cricket jumper is his own, apparently he found it in his bottom drawer (turns to side and looks at camera!!) He felt it was more appropriate for doing the gardening slot rather than his suit jacket.........yeah OK Pete, whatever!!

The cricket jumper is his own, apparently he found it in his bottom drawer (turns to side and looks at camera!!) He felt it was more appropriate for doing the gardening slot rather than his suit jacket.........yeah OK Pete, whatever!!

It could have been worse deedee. I'd genuinely hate to think what else is in his bottom drawer.

He's such a wit, at least I think that's what someone called him.

It could have been worse deedee. I'd genuinely hate to think what else is in his bottom drawer.

He's such a wit, at least I think that's what someone called him.

Dirty Peter just said that Pago Pago has 'not only been with us for the last 50 years'. Not according to their own website they haven't.

But this takes the biscuit. He is selling Yardley 'Polaire' and said, direct quote 'This fragrance is one of my all time favourites, I first discovered it nearly 40 years ago'.

It was only launched in 2013.

Last edited:
ladies

i would never do you wrong

it does me no favours trust me ladies

pago dago pago this is my absolute favourite

Dirty Peter just said that Pago Pago has 'not only been with us for the last 50 years'. Not according to their own website they haven't.

But this takes the biscuit. He is selling Yardley 'Polaire' and said, direct quote 'This fragrance is one of my all time favourites, I first discovered it nearly 40 years ago'.

It was only launched in 2013.

I thought that's what he said but I was only half listening so I wasn't sure if he was referring to Yardley but it sounded like he was saying he discovered the Polaire fragrance 40 years ago and then Peter Sherlock said it was launched in 2013
Naughty Peter Simon; not one of those fragrances was launched before 2011

He just knocks me sick. He was selling a couple of t-shirts earlier and kept saying how "extraoooordinary. Absolutely extraoooooooordinary" they were, that they were some of the best tops he's ever seen and that as somebody who's spent "20 years working in fashion" he would know. They were bog standard, cheap, throwaway t-shirts for the slightly style-challenged. I can't comprehend how he can so disingenuously 'big up' a ****** t-shirt like that.

With the 'fashion' I just wish they'd show somebody wearing it, explain the sizes and leave the viewers to decide whether they like the look and the price of it. People either like the look of clothes or they don't. Having a gruesome, middle-aged creep repeatedly telling us that something looks "extraordinary" surely doesn't entice people to buy, does it?!

On that note I'm heading outside to enjoy the last of the sun. Hopefully Peter Simon will have disappeared on my return :angel:

I thought that's what he said but I was only half listening so I wasn't sure if he was referring to Yardley but it sounded like he was saying he discovered the Polaire fragrance 40 years ago and then Peter Sherlock said it was launched in 2013
Naughty Peter Simon; not one of those fragrances was launched before 2011

Indeed deedee, he was even spritzing and smelling it as he said it so it's safe to assume it was Polaire he was talking about.

We all know he can be economical with facts but that was one of the biggest whoppers he has told in a long time!!!

Why does he do it? From what I can see they are selling it at a really good price anyway. He even blags when he dosen't need to!

He just knocks me sick. He was selling a couple of t-shirts earlier and kept saying how "extraoooordinary. Absolutely extraoooooooordinary" they were, that they were some of the best tops he's ever seen and that as somebody who's spent "20 years working in fashion" he would know. They were bog standard, cheap, throwaway t-shirts for the slightly style-challenged. I can't comprehend how he can so disingenuously 'big up' a ****** t-shirt like that.

With the 'fashion' I just wish they'd show somebody wearing it, explain the sizes and leave the viewers to decide whether they like the look and the price of it. People either like the look of clothes or they don't. Having a gruesome, middle-aged creep repeatedly telling us that something looks "extraordinary" surely doesn't entice people to buy, does it?!

Exactly! oh no, he says that doesn't he? :headbang:

When did he ever 'work in fashion'?

Most of the tops they sell, I see on our market for a couple of quid.

Instead of all the 'absolutely extraoooooooordinary' rubbish, how about giving some sizing and what it's made of. Stop saying 'it's a viscose' when it only contains 5%.

Exactly! oh no, he says that doesn't he? :headbang:

When did he ever 'work in fashion'?

Most of the tops they sell, I see on our market for a couple of quid.

Instead of all the 'absolutely extraoooooooordinary' rubbish, how about giving some sizing and what it's made of. Stop saying 'it's a viscose' when it only contains 5%.

Now please Momma, you know that many of the presenters are experts. We have fragrance, horology, jewellery, art, and cuisine experts.

But what Dirty Peter dosen't know about frocks and handbags isn't worth knowing although how and where he gained such knowledge is probably best left for another day.

Now please Momma, you know that many of the presenters are experts. We have fragrance, horology, jewellery, art, and cuisine experts.

But what Dirty Peter dosen't know about frocks and handbags isn't worth knowing although how and where he gained such knowledge is probably best left for another day.

Sorry Wirral, don't know what came over me :blush:

I think it may have been the sight of that bliddy baggy, faded, cricket jumper he's been wearing. I notice he hasn't got it on today, must be in the wash, if it does get a wash that is.

It made me laugh when I read somebody thought it was coming up for sale cos they often wear something 'upcoming'....but that! I'd have chucked it out ten years ago :giggle:

Last edited:
Sorry Wirral, don't know what came over me :blush:

I think it may have been the sight of that bliddy baggy, faded, cricket jumper he's been wearing. I notice he hasn't got it on today, must be in the wash, if it does get a wash that is.

It kind of hanged off him didn't it?

I have never really seen Dirty Peter as the Cricket type, he's more Crochet than Cricket.

He's just said he's going to buy this

Wall Frame Weather Station Bronze

Well buy it then, we don't need to know!

I suppose he can take it with him when he has to move due to the HS2

He's just said he's going to buy this

Wall Frame Weather Station Bronze

Well buy it then, we don't need to know!

I suppose he can take it with him when he has to move due to the HS2

I switched off after listening to his Yardley bull, I could tell without Elisa he wouldn't be able to control himself.

It's the way he effortlessly lies, it's got to be a blessing he's single and has no kids. I really would pity anyone close to him having to endure his performances, the shame would be intolerable.

Can you imagine anyone watching their Dad or Husband carry on the way he does?

Last edited:
Just listening to his opening monologue. Think he is going mad. It was quite bizarre and didn't make any sense at all. Something about a cucumber coming through his letterbox. Poor Lianna has just come on dressed up in an old lady top and some Cringles. Hope the poor girl is well paid. WARNING he is groping a bag at 11pm.

Peter has completely lost it - couldn't even deliver a ancient one-liner during his preview in MM's shift. (The silence in the studio was deafening). Now camping it up with Peter Sherlock...uggghhhhh !

Latest posts

Back