Perricone - way overpriced!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Unusually for me lately, I have QVC on in the background. Ali is on with the Perricone guest, and a 59ml bottle of facial conformer - 203276 - priced at £383.00 + £5.95 p+p. But, as usual, the Q is considering the customer; it is a 'considered purchase', it is xmas when most of us wil have spent our hard earned on presents, sundries, food, et al for the festive period so our quota will, therefore, have been exhausted. Bet you thought you wouldn't be able to afford it, eh? Do not worry, the Q has put it on 2 EP of only £191.50! Who in their right mind would spend almost £400.00 for a face cream which wil last probably 3 months? Both the Q, and the guest are taking us for idiots. Wonder how many bottles are in stock?:mysmilie_13:

Good grief! How much? QVC have totally lost sight of reality. How much do they think the normal person earns? That is nearly the price of a holiday for me and I know which I would rather have.

I tried Perricone once and had a reaction so I'm not tempted in the least and don't see myself buying anything from the range any time soon. And I didn't buy anything from Q today, saving myself for Diamonique TSV tomorrow if it's any good.

As I posted on the other thread, if money were no object I'd try stuff like this. It's all relative, there are plenty of women who'd never pay £30 in one go for a bunch of nail polish, or £39.99 for a face cream TSV. I don't think QVC owe their viewers any duty of care to sell only "affordable" skin care, they sell whatever they can sell!

If anyone watched the Liberty of London 3 parter, people with money will buy all sorts without a second thought.

Three cushions at nearly £400, she only came in for two. Givenchy and Shiseido have face creams at around £300 each and they sell in Debenhams and people come in and buy them.

No, QVC, it's not a "considered purchase". I would never consider it at all, so stop calling it "considered" when all you mean is that some poor sods with more money than sense somewhere are duped into thinking it's what they should be buying. That's just a ripoff.

I get sick of hearing that line of Dr Perricone being "truly a pioneer" If he is then how come his right hand woman is botoxed up the the eyeballs?

If I was prepared to spend about £40 on a face cream (which I'm not, currently) I would have to ask myself, 'Is this one at nearly £400 10 times as good?'

If it were, perhaps I would be tempted, but I know it won't be!

I think you're coming to this question from the view-point of your current budget, and I'm the same. I wouldn't spend my current food bill for a month on a face cream, just as I wouldn't buy a car for £35k even if I could meet the monthly payments because I can't justify it on my current budget.

BUT

If I won the lottery jackpot and had millions in the bank earning me more in a month than Mr Akimbo earns per annum then yes I know I'd try face stuff* like this just out of curiosity, plus I'd splash out on any car that took my fancy. I certainly would have "more money than sense". But phrases like this, criticising folk for their purchasing decisions, will only serve to deter them from posting on here their reviews of these products. I enjoy reading these even though I may not intend to buy them.

*I'd like to qualify this and say that if a product smells of fish or any other weird smell I'd give it a miss, I know some have mentioned that a Dr P product was a bit fishy. This applies in any price range - I love the smell of Liz Earle's C&P, and Brightening Treatment but Skin Repair make me gag.

I think you're coming to this question from the view-point of your current budget, and I'm the same. I wouldn't spend my current food bill for a month on a face cream, just as I wouldn't buy a car for £35k even if I could meet the monthly payments because I can't justify it on my current budget.

BUT

If I won the lottery jackpot and had millions in the bank earning me more in a month than Mr Akimbo earns per annum then yes I know I'd try face stuff* like this just out of curiosity, plus I'd splash out on any car that took my fancy. I certainly would have "more money than sense". But phrases like this, criticising folk for their purchasing decisions, will only serve to deter them from posting on here their reviews of these products. I enjoy reading these even though I may not intend to buy them.

*I'd like to qualify this and say that if a product smells of fish or any other weird smell I'd give it a miss, I know some have mentioned that a Dr P product was a bit fishy. This applies in any price range - I love the smell of Liz Earle's C&P, and Brightening Treatment but Skin Repair make me gag.

Even if I was a billionaire, I wouldn't pay this price for a facial product. Nothing applied to the face can eradicate wrinkles - which I don't have - totally. It can soften and brighten the appearance of the skin. So I would regard spending almost £400 on a product, which performs no better than one costing one tenth of the price, as wasting money. I don't subscribe to the "if you can afford it, spend it" belief, when you know it is not vfm.

I reckon if you want to buy it do, if you don't then don't.

I wouldn't try perricone as I think it would be too active for my problematic skin but to those who do and are happy to pay the prices and like it then good luck to them. If I won multi millions on the lottery I think I'd probably still worry about money as its always just something I've done - just from a having no one to call upon for help perspective as much as anything. But I reckon if I wanted to treat myself to something that was more expensive I would do it, even if just once just to see how it felt (and then probably feel guilty after!)

If I won the lottery I`d simply buy a new face and a spare one just in case lol

I'm looking at this from a 'different ' angle.

If a product is THAT good, and allegedly wealthy women (most probably the wives of sheiks and oligarchs) are scooping it up in the top stores, then WHY would they need to sell it on QVC ?

I've never seen Crème de la Mer, La Prairie, Chanel no. 5, or any other purse busting product have air time to shift more stock, - they don't need to, their reputation speaks for itself.

I switched on just as that product was showing as limited stock, did they only have a few for sale, or are there plenty of people willing to spend that sort of money on skincare.
Although reading on here about some receiving returns which have been sent out again unchecked, and are in a well used condition, had cynical me wondering if some dishonest people would decant the product into an empty bottle, fill the original with something cheap, and return it for a refund.......surely not. Gasp!!!

I get sick of hearing that line of Dr Perricone being "truly a pioneer" If he is then how come his right hand woman is botoxed up the the eyeballs?

According to the guest, Kara, "the man's an icon". Right. He values his customers, or should that be patients, so much, he can't even be bothered to come over to QVC UK. He has established his business, and reputation, by peddling his 'miracle formulae' - that is my phrase, no-one else has referred to it thus - to people, whether they are wealthy or not, who do not value money. Certain people are of the mindset that, if they are spending a lot of money on something, it is superior to a similar product at a fraction of the price. Also, she made a point of it being dermatologically formulated. Most brands claim this to be the fact. Still listening and she's just said "Dr Perricone says vanity is a good thing". Of course he does, it impels women to patronise his services/products, and pay through the nose for the privilege!

Latest posts

Back