Peony Julie

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Now I'm all for women who have long seen the last of teenage days, dressing in a fashionable way - and why not ? but there comes a point when dressing like a little girl in your 40's becomes a little unseemly. She's on now in a dress the length that Amal Clooney seems to favour - 4" lower than her crotch !. I almost feel embarrassed for her; but the hunched shoulders and clasped hands, she only needs to stand with her feet turned inwards with ankle socks and the rather yucky picture is complete. A bit more sophistication wouldn't go amiss Julie.

Yes I saw her on the bit where her and Julia were trying to flog very unrealistic looking roses in pound shop type mini vases for around £25 with p and p. Her dress reminded me of something Shirley Temple wore when she was around 8 years old.

Any sophistication that woman has is decidedly pseudo. Put another way, her poshness is as faux as the flaaaaahs she touts. I don't know why she doesn't go flog her fake flaaaaaaaaaaaaahs down Brick Lane innit! Maybe she thinks she's like her flaaaaaaaaaahs - never fading. What she fails to realise is that the whole thing about cut flowers is that their beauty is transient and fleeting. She also fails to recognise that human beauty is cyclical in much the same way. Saw her on a while back and she looked more like a withered wisteria.

Last edited:
Can Peony be bought elsewhere ? because as a brand I haven't seen them in any major stores. Or is it a company created to sell on QVC (despite Julie saying the firm began many years ago - on paper maybe)

Can Peony be bought elsewhere ? because as a brand I haven't seen them in any major stores. Or is it a company created to sell on QVC (despite Julie saying the firm began many years ago - on paper maybe)

I have seen them in John Lewis but nowhere else.

There was a Peony shop in Cirencester but not sure if it is still there

tk maxx and thier shop homesense sells loads of tier flowers. some of the tsv's are £20, the bouquets. but the flowers just look similar to the other £2 a stem cheapies that tk maxx sell

A while ago I bought a small vase with what looked like two lovely looking pale pink roses, when they arrived they looked cheap and imo nothing like real, yet I do know people that have been very pleased with their flowers.

A while ago I bought a small vase with what looked like two lovely looking pale pink roses, when they arrived they looked cheap and imo nothing like real, yet I do know people that have been very pleased with their flowers.

I think the small arrangements look really fake, but I have some of the bunches of large flowers stems and they look fabulous, really realistic. I guess it's a case of QVC pushing them for smaller, cheaper items.

I can't stand that woman. With her twee voice, faux accent and Tipp-Ex-white gnashers she epitomises fakeness even more than the flaaaaaaaaahs she touts. She gets on my tits. I'd like to push her into a pond!

Last edited:
You have to hand it to the set dressers for the Peony promo video. Everything is white, all the furniture, vases, walls, everything, except Julie's frock and the flaaaars that she caresses oh so gently. (!)

Also have you noticed the Will & Alison promo set, its all in grey and white (in a bedroom), even their clothes are grey and white, these set dressers really challenge themselves.

Latest posts

Back