Peony flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars / flowers ad! Annoying QVC.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Julius

Registered Shopper
Has anyone noticed that the Peony flaaaaaaaaaars woman says "flaaaaaaaaaaaaars" througout the ad, and then pronounces "flowers" correctly at the end?! Why can't she get it right all the time?! And what's with all the sleighbells and Christmas talk? FFS it's SEPTEMBER for GOD'S SAKE! QVC is really annoying today, what with the sleighbells and the tablet woman. I'd like to shove her tablet in her MOUTH! Even then she'd still keep on talking!

Yeah, OH and I watched a few of the gift shows (more for entertainment value than anything else) and even he is going FLAAAAAAAARS now everytime she is on. It's amazing how she's suddenly able to say 'flowers' just like a normal person.

But then I see there is another thread on the annyoing term 'giftable', which has been another topic of heated debate every time I switch over to QVC. It's nice to know that this is not the way normal people speak and my other half and I don't need to seek the services of a speech therapist.

Well we could all buy some Peony flaaaaaaaaaaaars, so perfect for gifting! You could gift your Peony flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars and gift the gift of love so good for gifting flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaars!

they start in july - i don't know why they don't just make it christmas all year round and be done with it.

That prom just makes me shriek with laughter, a friend who is a great mocker of my QVC habit was round when it was on and nearly fell to the floor with giggles too, it really encapsulates all that is risible about shopping telly.

Maybe she's watched too many episodes of Murder She Wrote and has adopted a New England accent. Rather than Ye Olde England. Dropping her r's. Whereas I, with age, have dropped my arse. =^.^=

She has very white teeth as white as a petal on a faux phalenopsis flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

Has anyone noticed that the Peony flaaaaaaaaaars woman says "flaaaaaaaaaaaaars" througout the ad, and then pronounces "flowers" correctly at the end?! Why can't she get it right all the time?! And what's with all the sleighbells and Christmas talk? FFS it's SEPTEMBER for GOD'S SAKE! QVC is really annoying today, what with the sleighbells and the tablet woman. I'd like to shove her tablet in her MOUTH! Even then she'd still keep on talking!

Yes, I've noticed the "flaaaaars" thing too - intensely annoying but still makes me laugh! Not sure if she means it to sound posh but I think it just sounds common!!

Don't think I could stand to watch a whole hour of it though, even for the entertainment factor....

She has very white teeth as white as a petal on a faux phalenopsis flaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar!

I was just about to start a thread about this Peony guest presenter. Visited ST and here we go, threads already up

So here I am, "hello everyone" wondering how Miss Flaaaars has white teeth, yet, doesn't tend to her gap, upper right. (dental, not cranial)

Watching her and Cathrine Huntley, is probably similar to looking at the tail end rejects of sugar-daddie.com
I have this feeling, out of studio, these two would NOT get on.

Gosh its turned cold. Hope you are all well

That prom just makes me shriek with laughter, a friend who is a great mocker of my QVC habit was round when it was on and nearly fell to the floor with giggles too, it really encapsulates all that is risible about shopping telly.

I am glad I am not alone that you too have a friend who mocks your QVC habit, mine is called my husband and he always manages to see QVC at it's worst - or maybe I've just grown immune! Anyway I can't repeat what he says about Mrs Flaaars!

I just cannot stand that horribly snobby woman who does Peony. Also I have ordered a lot from them and it takes absolute ages to arrive, longer than they quote, they also very poor quality. i have had a few and seen similar in Sainsburys, like the faux orchids, for a lot cheaper.

I think their delivery and quality should be looked at by qvc

Yes and much Cheapers than the posh womans. Is it her or her flowers that are 'Faux?

Her accent and pronunciation of the world "flowers" is quite faux. So is she. I don't like her or her her flaaaaaaaars all that much. I did see some daffodils in a basket, also some bluebells once but I didn't buy them because of that annoying woman!

Yes and the annoyingly long time they take to arrive, just today Im on the phone chasing some that are 10 days overdue!! Its always the same, they never arrive in the time allowed and what gets me is qvc already give Peony an extended delivery schedule but seems they cannot even meet that.

The woman is patronising and very snooty. Yet she must need the money from the 'Faux flowers. Maybe to help heat the Rutley Estate during the winter?

Latest posts

Back