Peony fake flowers - terrible!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tinaborder

Registered Shopper
I ordered the sweet peas:
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.759701.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

They've just arrived and I've just posted the following review. I wonder if it'll get posted - probably not. Also, why did I have to leave 1 star - why can't I leave a 0 star review!

Terrible quality!
"I shop with QVC lots and regularly am pleased with the products. I liked the look of many items on the Peony premiere show but went for these to try the range before committing to one of the expensive big displays. The quality of these is terrible: there's a drip of the resin that they are set into running down the side of the vase; there are lots of bits of glue on the petals; there are lots of fraying petals; you can see the metal sticking out of the bottom of the stems - far too many faults to just be a one off.
I have had to phone a landline number not a free qvc number as there's a slip in the parcel saying to contact Peony direct if you are not satisfied. They have said that they will call me back.
They may be one of the cheaper ones but if they want return custom the cheap ones need to be good. Alan Titchmarsh would not be fooled by these like they said in the Peony show."

bloom are the masters for fake flaaarrss .been buying from them for years and never had to return anything plus they have excellent sales!

oh what a shame tina...I had been interested in the sweet peas myself so I'm sorry to learn that after all they didn't live up to expectations - everything looked nice in the show I thought, even tho some were a bit on the expensive side for me.

I'm sorry to hear you're not happy with your Sweet Peas TB. I went for these too and I'm very impressed, they look pretty realistic to me having checked them against some in a friend's garden. After your comments I've just had another look at mine and I can't see any 'spare' resin or wires poking through stems. Maybe the one you received was a reject which had slipped through the net do you think? Anyway, I'm going to keep mine and place them on a small cupboard in the hall.

They may be one of the cheaper ones but if they want return custom the cheap ones need to be good. Alan Titchmarsh would not be fooled by these like they said in the Peony show."

This is unacceptable. They tout they are as realistic as fresh, all the range, not just higher priced. I hope, like BL said, they were a reject and you get sorted and even more for the inconv. and upset. As a premier show they needed to be on the ball with their first QVC orders. Obv. they were not.

I thought the same and considered going for the sweet peas as a first try UNTIL zooming in on the photo on the QVC website. The fraying is clearly visible, mainly on the white petals and the stems are the same (i.e. no better) as any you can find on the high street. Glad I didn't bother now, thanks Tina :handshake:

I thought the same and considered going for the sweet peas as a first try UNTIL zooming in on the photo on the QVC website. The fraying is clearly visible, mainly on the white petals and the stems are the same (i.e. no better) as any you can find on the high street. Glad I didn't bother now, thanks Tina :handshake:

I did exactly the same as you missshopalot, and noticed the fraying. I've bought cheap artificial flowers for crafting purposes and had to trim off the frayed bits, which you don't mind when they only cost a couple of pounds. But seeing that completely put me off buyng the sweet peas :sad:

The edges of real Sweet Pea flowers are naturally uneven but I really can't see anything I would class as "fraying" on mine. Believe me, I'm a fussy person and definitely wouldn't keep them if they were inferior quality but I'm pretty impressed. However, if I'd received the same as TB then they would be returned too.

When they were showing these on the telly I posted about how you could see the fraying edges when they did close ups. I thought they looked pretty tatty.

I remember now you saying that amn..I think I replied to the effect did you mean the fraying edges on the flaars or on Charlie..!

I ordered the sweet peas:
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.759701.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

They've just arrived and I've just posted the following review. I wonder if it'll get posted - probably not. Also, why did I have to leave 1 star - why can't I leave a 0 star review!

Terrible quality!
"I shop with QVC lots and regularly am pleased with the products. I liked the look of many items on the Peony premiere show but went for these to try the range before committing to one of the expensive big displays. The quality of these is terrible: there's a drip of the resin that they are set into running down the side of the vase; there are lots of bits of glue on the petals; there are lots of fraying petals; you can see the metal sticking out of the bottom of the stems - far too many faults to just be a one off.
I have had to phone a landline number not a free qvc number as there's a slip in the parcel saying to contact Peony direct if you are not satisfied. They have said that they will call me back.

GGGrrr, make sure you request a FULL refund to include any P&P you had to pay or have to pay to return them. Don't see why inferior goods should cost money!

Latest posts

Back