Peace Now

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Grizelda

ShoppingTelly Supporter
This was emblazoned on Craig's tee shirt when he was videoing his opinions on the Elemis TSV. What an original sentiment, Craig, you very silly, trite man, And Lee Holbein's tee shirt read, 'Ho Ho Ho.' This is what Americans propose that Father Christmas says. Never in Britain have we thought this. I'm not often fed up with QVC presenters, but these two have pushed me over the edge. There will probably be more thoughtless Christmas messages on tee shirts that will get my goat.

Wiggy never fails to disappoint on his lack of knowledge.
Craig is just lucky to have a job.
QVC must be a fence sitters dream.

The single word 'Peace' is often printed on Christmas cards and suchlike. But 'Peace Now' is a statement ... and a political one at that. Maybe Craig only bought the tee because he liked its colors or the fit. (He is really into tight shirts.) People could ask him, 'Where exactly are you thinking of, Craig, and are you an activist ?' 'World Peace', he could answer, which is a cop out. The computer guru shed his American HoHoHo tee shirt for the evening. 'Ho' is a slang word for prostitute in the US. Maybe someone told him this and he shuddered. Some of what I am saying here, is tongue in cheek !

No need to get annoyed with this, is there? There are a whole host of t-shirt slogans that could be considered rude or offensive to be irritated or upset by. By comparison to those, 'Peace Now' would seem to be a fairly benign sentiment. I mean, literally, benign.

This was emblazoned on Craig's tee shirt when he was videoing his opinions on the Elemis TSV. What an original sentiment, Craig, you very silly, trite man, And Lee Holbein's tee shirt read, 'Ho Ho Ho.' This is what Americans propose that Father Christmas says. Never in Britain have we thought this. I'm not often fed up with QVC presenters, but these two have pushed me over the edge. There will probably be more thoughtless Christmas messages on tee shirts that will get my goat.

I’ve always thought Santa said Ho Ho Ho. I’m as British as they come. 🤨

Is this post a joke just to wind people up and see who bites, because I genuinely can’t see how someone wearing a ho ho ho tshirt could push someone ‘over the edge’.

I know that qvc is an American company and, therefore sell many US products, albeit made in China. But there is nothing British about the expression 'ho, ho, ho'. It makes me cross how many Americanisms have been adopted in the UK, to the point that some people don't recognise their provenance. The slogan 'peace now' is trite to say the least, and as 'benign', smarmy and wishy washy as its wearer. You all have a good day now, you guys!

Latest posts

Back