Pain?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Itchy

Registered Shopper
Can anyone advise me? I am sorely tempted to get the Panasonic wet and dry epilator. The price seems ok, compared to this country even with the rate of exchange, and of course the two easy payments would swing it for me. I don't trust reviews any more. Never used an epilator before and am a bit of a baby with pain! Has anyone got it and what do you think. I know I would get honest views here. I am so sick and tired of shaving legs and waxing doesn't agree with me. Thanks in anticipation.:sweat:

they do tend to cause a bit of discomfort but you do get used to it. i use the single hair epilator £11.50 on qvc for my face and even underarms and of course legs.

you could try the one you are after and even the single hair one for the 30 days and see if you get along with them.

i like them as they are quite cheap and less messy than creams and waxing.

bite the bullet they are not that painfull when used a few times.

Can anyone advise me? I am sorely tempted to get the Panasonic wet and dry epilator. The price seems ok, compared to this country even with the rate of exchange, and of course the two easy payments would swing it for me. I don't trust reviews any more. Never used an epilator before and am a bit of a baby with pain! Has anyone got it and what do you think. I know I would get honest views here. I am so sick and tired of shaving legs and waxing doesn't agree with me. Thanks in anticipation.:sweat:

Definitely recommend it. I've been epilating for years so I can't say I notice it being painful. It's a bit uncomfortable underarms but thats about it. Give it a try..................you can always send it back:dull:

It really is only uncomfortable the first few times, after that the hair gets finer and finer and either you get used to it, or it really does not hurt then. I can only recommend epilating, as it is so much nicer when the hair grows back as it is so fine you do not even tend to notice it, and I go weeks between hair removal sessions, soooooo much better then shaving

just however remember to exfoliate at least once a week as you do tend to get in-grown hair with epillating, but exfolitaion took care of that for me

I've been epilating for nearly two years, and it really does get easier :nod: (I still find it a bit uncomfortable on my shins though, but underarm doesn't seem as bad :confused:)

I use this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002TOJT2A/?tag=shoppingcom03-21 I also like to put something soothing on my skin afterwards and don't use deodorant straight away.

As others have said, give it a go using QVC's 30 day money back guarantee :happy:

Good point about exfoliating icedupsnowqueen:clapping:

:flower:

I have been epilating for years now and I agree with what everyone says that you get used to the feeling the more you do it.
However,I have the Panasonic wet/dry Epilator and compared to my old more traditional one it's rubbish.It definitely does not epilate the small tiny hairs and I found that I was having to use it far more frequently due to patchy re growth.
It's now chucked in the bathroom cupboard and old faithful is back in use!

So yes to epilation,but no to that particular epilator!

Yeowch!

I have all my various bits waxed regularly and in an odd sort of way I quite like it - although the first time was a bit of a shock. Years ago I tried an epilator and NEVER AGAIN! It's the most painful thing I've ever experienced. I wouldn't say I was a baby when it comes to pain either.

I've got the Panasonic Wet & dry epilator and I can highly recommend it its brilliant, wouldn't be without it now.

Epilating painful? Yes a bit and certainly couldn't be described as pleasant, but it's bearable. Once you've experienced labour pains, any other pain is insignificant don't you think?

Epilating painful? Yes a bit and certainly couldn't be described as pleasant, but it's bearable. Once you've experienced labour pains, any other pain is insignificant don't you think?

...except getting summat stuck behind a contact lens - my sister has delivered a ten pounder and still reckons the lens thing is worse.......:mysmilie_1: :whew:

Many thanks everyone. I think I will give it a whirl. I have done the childbirth thing twice and that wasn,t much fun either. And there was not a 30 day money back guarantee! Of course I didn't mean that.:giggle:

I've got the Panasonic Wet & dry epilator and I can highly recommend it its brilliant, wouldn't be without it now.

Just shows how different we find things.On this thread alone 2 reviews..one says brilliant,one rubbish haha!

I guess you have to make your own mind up!

Make that 2 for rubbish!! I got mine from QVC but sent it back as it was really ineffective. Yes to epilation but no to the Panasonic.

I have an emjoy, fine for face and legs, don't even notice it on my legs and only a mild ouch occasionally on the face. I tried the underarms once, NEVER again, it hurt for over a week after! I may just be extra sensitive in that area!

Having had Himself ruin my day this morning by going to give me a kiss as he left for work and then as he left saying 'oh, you know what you need to do today love? Pluck your chin.' (thats bogeys in HIS tea) - Ive just ordered one of the single hair ones. Read the reviews and the spec on La Q and ordered it somewhere else (for £6.99 inc delivery :rock:)

Thinking again, I don't think the epilator is painful as such - not when I compare it to the pain I experience every day of my life. The epilator is an experience which is highly unpleasant discomfort. If someone gets hold of your hair and tried to wrench it out, it's not nice, but it's not PAIN - not in the sense I experience pain every day. As for comparing an epilator to labour pain, well that's laughable! Much of the pain I experience is worse than what I remember of labour. Try being in pain every day, constantly and then you know what pain is.

Latest posts

Back