Packaging

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
Why do QVC use so much ****** packaging for their goods. The new Decleor cleanser arrived today. The size of the box was huge, way too big for such a small item and it came via Parcelnet. I ordered some Gatineau before the Decleor and that is coming via Royal Mail and consists of 3 items. It hasn't arrived but will probably be in packaging half the size of the massive box. How do they work out what should go in what size box. I did email them once but didn't get a proper answer.

It's frustrating isn't it? You should have seen the size of the box my LG bag came in - it was huuuge!! It's sitting in the middle of the our study floor, which is a decent size, and we're struggling to get around it!!! I emailed and asked them to collect as the box was too big to take to the post office. I reckon it would have cost me close on £8 to return :whew:

I once bought a bobbi brown eye liner gel (no brush) and then also a bobbi brown lipstick - they came seperately (of course,why would qvc send them togehter??!!:wonder:) and the packaging was unbelievable.I actually thought at one point that the product wasn't in there!!!

Luckily most of the items I have purchased have been reasonably packed in boxes just big enough. What I wish is that QVC would come up with ways to send jewellery without the presentation/gift box - the brown ones and/or the blue ones with 'silver' written on them. Most of my purchases are selfishly for me but I do have plenty of gift boxes for any kind of jewellery gift I may want to give whether it is a ring, earrings, bracelet, cuff, bangle, charm, watch, pendant, chain, necklace, choker, etc. The actual piece of jewellery is rarely posted in the box so why not come up with a way of shipping without the box! I don't mind the little pouches sent in shipping as I often find a way to use them.

But yet twice I have had items arrive broken from QVC with inadequate packaging, both came via Hermes I must add so don't know if it's just careless courier drivers.

Last edited:
But yet twice I have had items arrive broken from QVC with inadequate packaging, both came via Hermes I must add so don't know if it's just careless courier drivers.

I can assure you it's NOT careless courier drivers.
You don't see the state things arrive at sub-depots and couriers' houses which never even reach the customer!
Things are used as footballs. Lorry drivers think nothing of kicking items onto lorries. Most boxes I used to get had at least one boothole in them when I picked them up from the depot.

Couriers are paid piecework - it's not in their interest to upset customers. Warehouse staff are salaried and couldn't give a monkey's backside. I think QVC probably pack things in excess packaging in order to ensure things do get to the customer unbroken.

i had that once ordered 3 lip glosses arrived in a massive box stuffed full of polystyrene balls had to rummage for about 10 mins to get to them right at the bottom absolutely ridiculous

Why do QVC use so much ****** packaging for their goods. The new Decleor cleanser arrived today. The size of the box was huge, way too big for such a small item and it came via Parcelnet. I ordered some Gatineau before the Decleor and that is coming via Royal Mail and consists of 3 items. It hasn't arrived but will probably be in packaging half the size of the massive box. How do they work out what should go in what size box. I did email them once but didn't get a proper answer.

Mine arrived this morning. Like you, I couldn't believe the size of the packaging and thought for a moment I'd ordered something large and forgotten about it !! It was left outside in the rain so the box isn't in brill condition, the cleanser irritated my skin immediately so I am sending back in more appropriate packaging.

It's no wonder p&p costs rise so much. What would have been wrong with a padded envelope via RM????? For anyone who is wondering about any exaggeration here, it's like getting C&P starter pack with zip bag and 2 cloths.

I've had a whinge about this before, Smashbox are a prime offender - HUGE box for a tiny lipgloss, mascara or eyeliner, it's like a lucky dip trying to find your item in amongst all the packaging.

But I think it is down to the brand itself (ie SB, Decleor etc) how the items are packaged as they are sent out to QVC ready boxed from the supplier.

Don't think it makes much, if any, difference to P&P as I've paid the same for something in a huge box and something in a jiffy bag.

It annoys me because the postie can't fit it in my letterbox which means a trip to the depot, also you end up with loads of boxes/packaging hanging round you need to re-cycle rather than a jiffy bag that can easily be re-used. And it's very un-environmentally friendly especially with all the polysterene chips/bubble wrap they use.

I can understand that they want the items to turn up in good nick and are probably a bit overcautious - but I really don't think there is THAT much damage that can be done to an eyeliner that it needs to be packaged up as if it's the crown jewels???

And then this morning I picked up my Gatineau parcel from the RM office and it was in a box a third of the size of the one the new Decleor cleanser came in. Unbelievable!!!

My Tignanello bag I ordered a month ago was sent to me in just a plastic bag. I was very disappointed with the packing. They charge us enough for postage and packing, so the least they could do is pack it properly.

same here with the Decleor cleanser (and doesnt the bottle look so small!). I am totally fed up of the packaging and have complained several times with no explanation. Actually, postage costs too are getting silly, todays LD TSV for example £4.95? Ridiculous. Am really going to curb my QVC enthusiasm, the p&p is becoming a joke.

same here with the Decleor cleanser (and doesnt the bottle look so small!). I am totally fed up of the packaging and have complained several times with no explanation. Actually, postage costs too are getting silly, todays LD TSV for example £4.95? Ridiculous. Am really going to curb my QVC enthusiasm, the p&p is becoming a joke.

got home from work today to find my Decleor cleanser waiting for me in it's mahoosive box - ridiculous!! but at least it was packed with paper not polysterene chips, those things drive me mad as they always make a break for it when I'm trying to find my item lurking in their depths, think I've picked them all up then find them lurking all over the place :angry:

Latest posts

Back