P&P Refund‏

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

beautyqueen

Registered Shopper
Over the last month I've ordered 4 items from QVC and 2 of them have not been delivered on time. One showed up the same day that I received the form that they send out for you to sign to say the packaged did not get to you. The other package should have been with me on Monday so they are sending out a form for me to sign.

I know that things do go missing in the post and I order a lot online so I know that mistakes can happen but do you think it's worth asking for the P&P to be refunded for both items? The package that should have been with me on Monday at the latest is something that I really need so I'm a bit annoyed. Has anyone been in this situation before and asked for a refund?

Over the last month I've ordered 4 items from QVC and 2 of them have not been delivered on time. One showed up the same day that I received the form that they send out for you to sign to say the packaged did not get to you. The other package should have been with me on Monday so they are sending out a form for me to sign.

I know that things do go missing in the post and I order a lot online so I know that mistakes can happen but do you think it's worth asking for the P&P to be refunded for both items? The package that should have been with me on Monday at the latest is something that I really need so I'm a bit annoyed. Has anyone been in this situation before and asked for a refund?
Hi Haven"t been in this exact position, but i think if you ring customer services and explain everyting and say you"d like a refund, its worth a try. If you dont ask, you dont get. :thinking:

Best of luck trying to get a p&p refund but I'm afraid that on the two occasions I have tried I have not been successful.

The first was last year's Christmas TSV from L'Occitane. When the package arrived it was sopping wet - the vanilla shower cream had smashed and leaked over the other products and through the packaging. The liquid soap was also leaking from a corner of the bottle. It was a sticky mess as you can imagine. Whilst QVC was happy to refund the cost of the TSV they were reluctant to refund the not inconsiderable p&p (£5.95 from memory). I didn't see why I should lose this as the entire TSV had gone in the dustbin. Eventually they agreed to refund the p&p but, of course, when I received my next credit card statement the refund hadn't happened. I followed this up and then got into a debate with customer services along the lines of they wouldn't have offered to do this in the first place etc. I could tell them the name of the person I spoke to, dates and times but didn't get anywhere.

In May this year I ordered a set of three Liz Earle lipglosses (p&p £3.95 which was ridiculous and I only ordered the glosses because they were effectively on a 3 for 2 deal when compared to buying from Liz Earle direct). When they arrived I, in common with quite a few customers, had been sent the wrong colours (there were two options). I agreed to keep the glosses on the condition that QVC refunded the p&p and received assurances that this time I would get a refund. You can guess the rest...endless calls, no refund...

Anyway, haven't bought anything from QVC since then and doubt I will do unless there is the offer of a lifetime (so my money's safe!).

I did write to QVC to point out that their defence of the high p&p charges is that customers pay for postage and packing (this is what obviously sets them apart from other mail order/internet based companies!!!). On this basis I suggested that the packaging they use should be fit for purpose and designed to prevent goods being damaged and their systems should be efficient enough to ensure that the correct products are sent to customers. Needless to say I didn't receive a reply...I guess that will teach me to ask difficult questions!

Sometimes when you get a refund for postage it goes on your account as a credit to use on your next order. You have to order by phone and ask for any credits to be applied.
It may be worth ringing customer services and asking if you have any credits sitting waiting to be used.

I have always had a refund of p&p for every item I've returned, but I always enclose a letter requesting this and giving them the total amount I expect to be refunded.

Everything I have sent back has always been faulty, or didn't work as described, or was the wrong item, and I always got a post-paid label to send it back too.

I've never actually sent anything back that worked (most of my stuff is hardware eg gadgets, saucepans, etc)

Sometimes when you get a refund for postage it goes on your account as a credit to use on your next order. You have to order by phone and ask for any credits to be applied.
It may be worth ringing customer services and asking if you have any credits sitting waiting to be used.

That's very interesting - not heard that before. I get really, really hacked off when customer services tell you they'll send out a pre-paid returns label and it doesn't arrive without a couple of phone calls to chase it up!

My Price's candles TSV from several weeks ago did not turn up. Got the letter, signed it, sent it back. CS rang to confirm with me that it still hadn't turned up - don't understand why they can't check the Hermes courier link that they emailed me which shows it didn't turn up! She asked me if I still wanted the replacement, I said yes but I want the p&p refunding please. This call was over 2 weeks after ordering which meant that the replacement would arrive 3 weeks from the TSV day. She said that she wouldn't refund it as I was still getting the item. I pointed out that it wasn't delivered within the 3 - 5 days, it was actually going to be about 3 weeks. I said I'd like to discuss this with a supervisor. She then said that it wasn't 'normal practice' but would refund as a one off! - in my bank 2 days later. I say, if you don't get what you want be a bit pushy and you will get what you want! You shouldn't have to, but when the charge was £5.95 I wasn't going to accept not getting it back!

Latest posts

Back