p&p charges - where is the logic?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

One of the reasons I keep shopping at QVC is too many other on-line companies insist on only shipping the goods to where the credit card is registered (whereas QVC lets me have the goods delivered to alternative addresses) or else they want a signature upon delivery even if the goods will go through the letterbox and are not particularly expensive.

Businesses need to take on board that this is very inconvenient for people who are at work all day and I won't shop at these sites as it is too much aggro. However expensive the P&P is, the fact that I don't have to waste my time and money picking up parcels at the Post Office will keep me shopping at QVC (although I wouldn't mind if the P&P was lowered :smirk:)

it always strikes me how if you add the P&P to the price it often comes back to within a few pence of the high street price. so youre paying the same and have the convenience of delivery to your door but youre definitely not getting the bargain they would have you believe. this doesnt account for the cost of returning goods under the limit for a pre-paid label (4kg?).

you can have a room full of furniture, along with the clothes to go in the wardrobes, delivered by Next.co.uk for £3.99 (often the next day) and return any or all of it free of charge. ok they probably absorb the costs into the prices of the goods but it feels so much better than Q''s high prices and poor service.

Well this is ludicrous , truly ludicrous !

Large box 12'' x 9'' x 51/2'' has arrived today. Barely any weight at all & in it ..... Decleor Cleanser ( the new does wonders one ) . P&P £3.95 !!!:mysmilie_503::mysmilie_503:

I have rung QVC & complained bitterly as IMO we are being ripped off left right & centre. We will pass your comment on. was the response.:headbang:

Last edited:
P+p charges have certainly put me off ordering from QVC, I can't get my head round how they can be justified. I think it was Charlie Brooks (yesterday?) who mentioned that under the 30-day money back guarantee, if you don't like an item return it and you will get a full refund, no mention of minus the p+p. Grrr!
However (and I know this has been mentioned before) there is the 7 day cooling off period rule (Distance Selling Regulations) where an item can be returned if it is unused and the initial p+p has to be refunded. From previous threads referring to this - there is a comprehensive one, thread no. 22718, last post 15/8/10, sorry don't know how to post the link - QVC probably have to be reminded of this but they will do it. There is a section in their Terms and Conditions (9.4) all about it, again, I'm having problems pasting this onto here. Also they exclude certain items. Return p+p still has to be paid though, unless the product is faulty or damaged.

Catherine was saying during the Pilates hour "If you don't like it, we will come and collect it from you so you have absolutely nothing to lose."
What about the £10.95 postage then, Catherine?

Latest posts

Back