p&p charge

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ALWAYSSKINT

Registered Shopper
Is it just me or has any one else noticed how expensive they have become for shipping out the goods to us? I have actually purchased else where as the p&P charges i find are too high and heading towards the prices for a other shopping channel that we know. We need to save our pennies these days but come on qvc i think some items are a bit too pricey for p&p charges.

I've definitely noticed - I finally caved in and ordered an Easiyo yogurt maker last week but I didn't get it from QVC, though I did get drinking yogurt sachets from them as they weren't available at Lakeland where I got the maker and other flavours from - I bought yogurt maker, box of six yogurt mix and a box of five raspberry yogurt mix from Lakeland and the delivery was £3.95 for the lot - I bought a box of ten drinking yogurt sachets from QVC and the delivery was £5.95 - oh and guess which one I got first.

If I want something now I'll go online and check other places out and will only order from QVC if I either can't get it, or if the delivery charge is better on QVC (that hasn't happened yet).

It's getting quite ridiculous.

It's put me off buying from them on several occasions as well. Today I purchased three Liz Earle gift sets and a little something for myself off her website and was only charged £3 p&p in total.

Had I bought off QVC, it would have been more than £3 for each item (and whereas this order will probably be with me in the next few days, something from QVC usually takes well over a week).

i think the p&p is a sales gimmick, illogical, but hear me out. i think that they think if we are tempted to order with the 30 day mbg that if we don't like the purchase we will be reluctant to send the item back because we think it will cost an arm and a leg to send something back, amd also we might consider that we have already spent a fair wack on qvc's p&p, yes i know it usually only costs 10% of qvc p&p charges to return items, but how many newbies know that. i bet qvc make a fortune on this premise particularly on items under £30, where the buyer might think 'can't be bothered or pay to return it'

mmm perhaps i muse too much

I've definitely noticed - I finally caved in and ordered an Easiyo yogurt maker last week but I didn't get it from QVC, though I did get drinking yogurt sachets from them as they weren't available at Lakeland where I got the maker and other flavours from - I bought yogurt maker, box of six yogurt mix and a box of five raspberry yogurt mix from Lakeland and the delivery was £3.95 for the lot - I bought a box of ten drinking yogurt sachets from QVC and the delivery was £5.95 - oh and guess which one I got first.

If I want something now I'll go online and check other places out and will only order from QVC if I either can't get it, or if the delivery charge is better on QVC (that hasn't happened yet).

It's getting quite ridiculous.

Absolutely the same for me.

There is no excuse for qvc's p+p, when every other retailer i buy from gives free p+p or low postage and free returns on orders. The mbg is no use to me tbh, i would rather have free p+p or free returns or something.

The p&p charges with QVC are getting higher and higher, and I am checking out prices elsewhere (and ordering elsewhere) before I order from them now. Whereas before I would not even think about the p&p. I think they are taking the p***

Totally agree with comments. QVC are getting big headed thinking they can get away with charging the prices they do. I certainly see no examples of economies of scale

I check out other sites first, and usually only go for TSVs that I want.

P and P should be part of a purchase price - they give no option for collection and the p and p is per item.

They are so far up their own rear now that they are never likely to change their ridiculous p and p policy.

Maybe they should look at a way to multi order with them at a capped p&p rate as 2 products could cost around £9 at the moment. And i wish that all orders placed with them at the same time would all come together in one box and not split up over several days.

i think the p&p is a sales gimmick, illogical, but hear me out. i think that they think if we are tempted to order with the 30 day mbg that if we don't like the purchase we will be reluctant to send the item back because we think it will cost an arm and a leg to send something back, amd also we might consider that we have already spent a fair wack on qvc's p&p, yes i know it usually only costs 10% of qvc p&p charges to return items, but how many newbies know that. i bet qvc make a fortune on this premise particularly on items under £30, where the buyer might think 'can't be bothered or pay to return it'

mmm perhaps i muse too much

I agree that the high p & p charges act as a deterrent for people thinking of sending things back. However looking at it from QVC's point of view reduced p & p costs could result in people giving far less thought to their purchasing decisions and returns rocketing. Basically it's down to us to weigh up whether we want to take the chance of ordering something we are not sure we will want to keep.

I order Liz Earle products from her website and as ms melly said the p & p is much cheaper. When I buy LE I know I won't want to send anything back so buying direct makes sense, however if I was buying a more pricey item and I wasn't sure I would like it then buying from QVC makes sense. OK so I might be paying £5 more in p & p but I would rather do that than risk ending up with a £100 item that I didn't want.

I have decided not to send stuff back because of what I'd lose in postage charges, and I've also decided not to order stuff from them because of the charges in case I didnt like the product.

I get so annoyed when an item is described as 'only' such an amount, which sometimes seems, yeh great price then when you look at p&p and add that on, the bargain isn't quite the bargin it first seemed.

And it makes it worse when having bit the bullet and decided to order, perhaps another item or two:18:, you realise that the P&P is nearly the cost of one of the items you are buying!

I get so annoyed when an item is described as 'only' such an amount, which sometimes seems, yeh great price then when you look at p&p and add that on, the bargain isn't quite the bargin it first seemed.

And it makes it worse when having bit the bullet and decided to order, perhaps another item or two:18:, you realise that the P&P is nearly the cost of one of the items you are buying!

Spot on! The fact that they do not do a combined p and p is robbery IMO. They must surely be suffering at this time as it is - so much seems to be on easy pay. I do not order on easy pay either - I just don't get things if I can't pay at the time. I buy mostly beauty stuff and I hate the thought of still paying for something after I have finished it.

It is about time that they gave a reduced P&P on the same item number at least. If they can't give us capped P&P for say an order of 3 or more items. which would make economic sense for all concerned. I to have not returned goods as the cost of both lots of P&P come to almost the same as the item cost.

Latest posts

Back