P & P - again!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fredab

Registered Shopper
I recently ordered a Nina Leonard dress (yuk) and sent it back yesterday first class. The cost £2.24. QVC shipped it to me second class and charged £4.45. THeir postage charges really are getting way out of hand.

Totally agree. Its getting out of hand. I'm so used to companys giving 'free' (of course its built in the price!!) P&P. However, even then its still cheaper than QVC. The likes of Amazon are mostly always free. I once found and item on Amazon that was cheaper than QVC and had free P&P!!

It definately effects my purchsing now- not because I can't afford it but because I just think you're not ripping me off QVC!!!

Imagine any other internet company asking nearly £5 to post the LD TSV today. I'd just not buy it!!! (and I haven't today). Even if firms do charge for P&P its normally not more than £3.95.

By the way I tried the Direct Selling Reg comment when I returned something and got a full refund (inc P&P).

I've totally awoken to the TSV's. I used to love my designer skincare/makeup (and I still do and buy selective ones) but listening to the presenters now I just laugh. JR is currently on talking about the TSV with LD. Shes talking about what we are getting for free- no I think its just showing how much LD overcharges for stuff when its not a TSV and his mark ups!!!

I was told that the p+p also includes insurance? which is what hikes it up? However when others like amazon etc do it for free I do wonder why they bother with p+p. I now factor in the p+p as part of the whole cost which is why certain items, I do not bother with.

I always look at the P&P charges now, at one time didn't bother.This has made me think twice about buying from QVC especially if I can get the item in a shop I have easy access to.I suppose there is a charge for someone getting it off the shelf in Knowsley! But there again the likes of Amazon do the same.I always go for their free P&P even if I have to wait longer.

How true, I posted a while back how it cost me 60p to return some earrings that I paid £2 95p to have sent to me, cheeky so and so's. Agree Amazon is way better, in fact anywhere is better than QVC when it comes to rip off p and p charges. Bought an electric broom from Amazon recently, £8 cheaper than anywhere else and free p and p (Broom is fab by the way)

I always factor in the P&P,as part of the total price.It irritates me if say for example they put something on "crazy easypay" and "get this home for only £8"...........................actually its not £8............its £8 plus £3.95:angry:

I don't begrudge QVC charging P&P as it does cost something to ship. I charge P&P when I sell something on Ebay but QVC sells so much each day, week in week out, that you know they get a special rate whereas I only sell this and that and charge what the Post Office charges me. However, as most jewellery items that I buy start with P&P at £3.45/3.95 and it costs me 50p to 1.13 to return, I no longer can ignore the P&P as being an 'incidental' extra. :taphead:

I always factor in the P&P,as part of the total price.It irritates me if say for example they put something on "crazy easypay" and "get this home for only £8"...........................actually its not £8............its £8 plus £3.95:angry:

As much as I like Easy Pay, I'm fed up of presenters saying (for example), 'You can get this for only £8.00'. Yeah - and the rest! Has anyone else noticed presenters doing this recently? They tend to focus on the first payment as if it is the ONLY payment. It really annoys me!

I always look at the P&P charges now, at one time didn't bother.This has made me think twice about buying from QVC especially if I can get the item in a shop I have easy access to.I suppose there is a charge for someone getting it off the shelf in Knowsley! But there again the likes of Amazon do the same.I always go for their free P&P even if I have to wait longer.

And it will still be quicker than QVC with their high charge.

As much as I like Easy Pay, I'm fed up of presenters saying (for example), 'You can get this for only £8.00'. Yeah - and the rest! Has anyone else noticed presenters doing this recently? They tend to focus on the first payment as if it is the ONLY payment. It really annoys me!

Alison Young has always been terrible for this. Whenever I hear her do it I always want to scream at the telly.

Latest posts

Back