Own up.... Have you ever been an S-Caller?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
By which I mean sycophant.

Someone called Faye just rang in and really laid it on thick over the N Home stuff. I mean way over the top about how beautiful it is, how it's designer at high street prices, gets softer with every wash.... she basically covered every selling point. Even Ron Posh asked at the end if she worked for Q. It was embarrassing.

What possesses people to do this!

I thought the best bit was when she said the bedding was on her Christmas list and others were going to buy them and presents for her ;)

I thought the best bit was when she said the bedding was on her Christmas list and others were going to buy them and presents for her ;)

I caught that. My reaction was 'wth?"!!! These people live in a land of make believe!!

From mobile, please excuse any silly errors!! :)

Someone called Faye just rang in and really laid it on thick over the N Home stuff. I mean way over the top about how beautiful it is, how it's designer at high street prices, gets softer with every wash.... she basically covered every selling point. Even Ron Posh asked at the end if she worked for Q. It was embarrassing.

Unable to get their 15 minutes of fame in any other way? Either that or they have a lot missing from their lives, it's quite sad really !

even if i'm in a semi-stupor, i'm still able to reach for the mute button at the speed of light whenever a T caller comes on. on the occasions when i've been forced to listen (cat on lap, can't reach remote) i've never heard anyone talk about anything other than their medical history. and they all totally refuse to shut up - surely they must tell them they'll only get a minute or two but they're so full of their own self importance they go on and on and on and on........just awful......surely all the presenters and guests who gush about how it's their favourite part of the show must actually have a feeling of dread every time someone is put through (just like the viewers)

what possesses QVC to do this?!

its good now it used to be far worse. regulars would phone up twice a day to have a live chat on air it was hysterical...

Anyone remember a bloke who regularly rang Alison Young, I think he may have had a Greek or Turkish name (sorry I know these aren;'t the same and i don't mean to cause offence).

There was an annoying American woman (Barbara I think) now living in the NE who always spoke to Stacey Schiefflin (sp) and had them both close to tears! Had me close to tears too but for entirely different reasons!

Jude xx

Some years ago I placed an order by Phone and the operator asked if I wanted to speak to AY live on air as if this was a wonderful opportunity not to be missed,the phrase rather stick pins in my eyes came to mind.
LYNN

what possesses QVC to do this?!

Probably because they know that, just like small children who believe everything their teacher tells them is true (no matter how out of date/stupid/impractical!), potential buyers of random purple duvets by some designer they've never heard of are likely to be just as, if not more so, swayed into reaching for their colour co-ordinated with their laahhnge walls trimphone on the glowing recommendations of the equivalent of old Marjorie next door wot knows everything about everything & whose word is absolute in terms of trustworthiness & knowledgeable opinion, as by the random (he's a what whisperer???) wafflings of said designer they've never heard of & wot has to their knowledge, never featured in the 'must buy' section of 'Woman's Own', innit....?
:rock:

In the early days I did get put through ONCE - that was to tell Julia K (designer of Indigo Moon who has since disappeared in the mists of time) to put pockets in her jackets. Of course she agreed to 'look at it' but never did anything about it. (I refuse to buy jackets without pockets)

Julia K is coming back with another range soon, not IM. I wonder whether she'll have pockets?

Jude xx

PS agree a jacket need a pocket!

Latest posts

Back