Overdosing

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
I know we've mentioned this many times, but lack of new product shows is something that needs to be addressed at Q towers. Kipling have shows every week, Yankee Candles generally have a couple of stabs per week with a tsv monthly, Laura Gella used to be a rarity but now alternates with Mally on a monthly basis. Likewise Join was a brand that would surface 3 or 4 times a year and is now seen every few weeks. Yong Kim is on roughly once or twice a fortnight, and don't we all groan when we see yet ANOTHER DYSON tsv !

Clearly Q are struggling to encourage new vendors to be endorsed on the channel, but when I first started viewing there were so many 'different' products that we actually looked forward to viewing. I was one of those who would sit all day watching Craft Day, or Silver Day, or Gem day, because there was so much variety and the jewellery prices in particular were a steal. Now I barely tune in as its all so boring.

Not so much a TSV as a TBV (today's boring value)?

It is very repetitive... TSVs are not events any more. The frequency with which we get TSVs from some brands is verging on the ridiculous now... and QVC have to resort to ever-harder selling tactics. If they'd ration the TSVs from their brands a bit more carefully, they might find it easier going...

Meanwhile we have been steadily losing decent, knowledgeable guests for all sorts of brands... and gaining irritating guests who barely know the products they are paid to sell.
Then we have the presenters becoming increasingly strident and generally obnoxious... and they are also becoming less diligent about performing their role - asking the questions the viewers would want asked; ensuring sizes, colours and measurements are given promptly. Far too busy faffing around with facebook and twitter, and stroking the egos of their loving fans... Add to that the fact that QVC have mucked around with the on-screen graphics so much they are utterly useless... and then you can't even turn to the website as that is attrocious too.

How could we forget the garden Gnome and Ultrasun...most weeks for eight or nine months of the year....:mysmilie_10:

QVC will with doubt keep pumping out hours with products that sell big for them.

The funny thing is most of these can be bought elsewhere much cheaper if you have a notebook,phone etc and google. I often wonder if the MBG and easy pay have people brainwashed.

I know we found out Beauty is the biggest seller for QVC, so we get endless shows of brands which sell big. The odd new brand IT Cosmetics and Tarte are two which are big with UK customers at the moment. Other brands are now widely available on the high street and online.

And decent jewellery shows are non existent now. It's all cheap tat whereas you used to get some really nice silver or gem shows.
Kipling seems to dominate their bag sales now other than Lulu Guiness which is expensive for most people.
I'm sick to death of Elemis & frumpy fashion.

Back in the day, we used to watch the midnight show, waiting in expectation, to discover what bargain we were being offered, as the tsv. Now, I hardly watch any of the channel; I just don't have the time, as I work long hours and, tbh, I prioritise my career, and my family life, over watching apathetic presenters tell me that a £100 + top, is such good value, I ought to buy two - one as a gift!
I normally check the tv guide, for shows I may be interested in and, subsequently, check the website on that day. ShoppingTelly, and fb groups also provide useful info.

I agree with all the above.

I can't even be bothered to make the effort to move my fingers a few millimetres to press buttons 16 on my remote.

Usually I check the website to see if there are any gadgets, and if not, that's it for the day.

Very occasionally, if I intend to buy a gadget, I watch the item on real TV and record it, so I have evidence if it doesn't live up to the hype. Then I can usually return it at Q's expense as I can prove the lies eg being told that this radio is made in Britain, but when I receive it, the label says Made in China.

And I used to be an avid watcher, always staying up to see the TSV.

When I started watching QVC in 2003 I remember clearly that it was 3 months before the same brands and items came round again.

Now it's every 3 weeks on average.

Same as me EM, and yes L66, we DID look forward to midnight back in the day, but these were the days before Twitter and iPads played a huge part of the show; and yes, the faffing about is beyond ridiculous now. Dare I say it, but Q seemed really 'professional' compared to the kids programme its become now; lots of arm waving, giggling, 'guests' who haven't a clue, and STILL never giving the sizing until the product has gone limited stock - atrocious.

And decent jewellery shows are non existent now. It's all cheap tat whereas you used to get some really nice silver or gem shows.
Kipling seems to dominate their bag sales now other than Lulu Guiness which is expensive for most people.
I'm sick to death of Elemis & frumpy fashion.

I have noticed Kiplings prices are rising. :mysmilie_514:

Can't remember the last time I stayed up for a TSV. There are far too many beauty shows for me - virtually every time I switch on there is a model having x, y and z applied to their face, and with all these magic potions they don't look any younger/different. Endless steam mops, gardening, smelly candles, overpriced wrinkly 'fashion', presenters droning on reading out tweets (stop it I don't want to hear it), hard sell all the time, DF's flinty stare and pointing fingers, her telling me to buy it now, buy it now. Arrrrgggg.

I miss the Gem days/weeks - I used to particularly like the South Western Silver and really liked Carolyn Pollack who was never hard sell. I miss affordable Kipling, affordable TSV's that did not just have a couple of pounds taken off, hate the p & p which is just increasing all the time. I hate the new TV guide. I've just had a look for this week and there is nothing there at all to tempt me to watch, except maybe for the Lola Rose shows, and I finding them boring to watch these days too with their designs. The range has lost its way I think.

I love a good ole moan!

I think we're all agreed that Beauty is the mainstay for the channel. This only came about when the jewellery shows stopped due to the high price of gold a few years ago and this affected their 'buying power'. Then there were issues with Dawn Bibby for the Crafting shows, so with that going down hill fast, and the jewellery coming to a grinding halt, then Beauty was the only way to go. Like its been said above, the amount of reduction on TSV's (whatever the product) is not worth bothering about anymore - a tenner off is recouped by the cost of p & p.

I think we've come full circle. Is there a natural cycle for qvc viewers? Phase 1 - eyes like saucers as we marvel at products and brands we had no idea existed. Phase 2 - dipping a daring toe in the water and quite liking the temperature. Phase 3 - boredom and disillusionment as the scales fall away and we tot up what we've spent and find we look no different and our lives have not changed one jot. Phase 4 - back to the good old high street or to other sites where, should qvc have actually hit on an occasional winner, it can be bought for much less.

I think we're all agreed that Beauty is the mainstay for the channel. This only came about when the jewellery shows stopped due to the high price of gold a few years ago and this affected their 'buying power'. Then there were issues with Dawn Bibby for the Crafting shows, so with that going down hill fast, and the jewellery coming to a grinding halt, then Beauty was the only way to go. Like its been said above, the amount of reduction on TSV's (whatever the product) is not worth bothering about anymore - a tenner off is recouped by the cost of p & p.

I had forgotten about crafting! I did quite like that and did start to make my own cards, but in the end it was just too expensive to carry on doing. It was relaxing though.

Sadly their new customers will never know anything different than the repetitive rounds of the same old brands presented in the same old way by the same old presenters. In a nutshell that`s all QVC are now interested in ie. new customers. We old timers can go to Hell as far as they`re concerned and the old ways are gone forever. Nowadays is all cheap tat , beauty overload, awful Yankee influenced fashion, plated garish jewellery and shouty hard sell presenters. A TSV is no longer a TSV but an anyday, anytime, flog it whilst we`ve got it, item or items. What was once the King of selly telly is now dead but still they try to resurrect it in their cack handed, unprofessional way.

If Richard Jackson is going to be a regular feature at 11pm, no one is going to want to stay up watching that to wait for a TSV which they suspect is likely to be boring and not worth it. So it's Gnome Time at 2pm and 11pm each day this week bar Friday and those two hour slots on both weekend days. Overkill or what? And, as we've all said before, it's not even a real gardening show, he just flogs garden related products. I can't help but wonder if his involvement at QVC runs deeper than just as a "presenter". I used to be an avid watcher too, but just can't be bothered with it anymore. I rarely watch and if I do happen to record a show I'm interested in, it usually gets deleted after a couple of minutes. And is it just my perception or is there a Yankee Candle show on most days now? It's as bad as too much football on normal telly. The fashion is diabolical and utterly over-priced. I wouldn't even consider buying any of it from them.

Latest posts

Back