Out Of Touch With The Credit Crunch?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

So it’s the Daniel Hersheson salon, that is responsible for Julia’s barnet. I would have thought they could do a better job, with Julia’s hair. As it always looks too bouffant and rat tailed at the ends. As this salon is not your average hairdressers, it’s one of those designer high tech salons that also offers spa treatments. Ms Roberts is definitely not a good advertisement for the salon.

Jasper, i think the opposite, if this is what julia wants with her hair and has found a salon that does it, then great because they are giving her what she wants and is paying for

i tend to have a cut at a salon once a year, nothing to do with credit crunch, just the fact that i alway leave a salon feeling depressed, stylists never listen an i never get the look i want, so for the rest of the year i tend to do a bit of diy snipping.

luckily i have no grey so need to colour, and my hair is curly/wavy and 'undone' so my snipping does not affect any style.

i found a salon that made my hair look great and did what i wanted i would go regularly, because credit crunch or not i truly believe 'bad hair days' do affect our mental wellbeing, and bad enough for us facing 'our world', let alone going on tv.

on another note my late gran had a shampoo and set every week, she was blessed with the most stunning head of glossy silver hair, anyway in the recession of the 1970/80's she suggested cancellening her appointments to save the pennies, to which my grandfather said, no you will not i would rather starve than miss the beautiful sight of your hair 'do' and the happy smile when you come back from the salon, so she continued to delight us all

Last edited:
Jasper, i think the opposite, if this is what julia wants with her hair and has found a salon that does it, then great because they are giving her what she wants and is paying for

i tend to have a cut at a salon once a year, nothing to do with credit crunch, just the fact that i alway leave a salon feeling depressed, stylists never listen an i never get the look i want, so for the rest of the year i tend to do a bit of diy snipping.

luckily i have no grey so need to colour, and my hair is curly/wavy and 'undone' so my snipping does not affect any style.

i found a salon that made my hair look great and did what i wanted i would go regularly, because credit crunch or not i truly believe 'bad hair days' do affect our mental wellbeing, and bad enough for us facing 'our world', let alone going on tv.

on another note my late gran had a shampoo and set every week, she was blessed with the most stunning head of glossy silver hair, anyway in the recession of the 1970/80's she suggested cancellening her appointments to save the pennies, to which my grandfather said, no you will not i would rather starve than miss the beautiful sight of your hair 'do' and the happy smile when you come back from the salon, so she continued to delight us all

Same for me Imasmall.
I always hope the next time time will be different.
I wish I could enjoy going to hair salons but I dread it, Id put it on par with the dentist!

Anyway I think Julia looks good and has smashing hair.

Lovely story about your late Nan and what a great husband she had, very sweet.

I have my hair cut and highlighted every 6-8 wks.It's my indulgence to me.
I don't really like the style of Julia's hair but it always looks in good nick tbh.

Now Caudia's hairdresser on the other hand needs to be named and shamed along with Ali Young/Keenan's colourist!!

If we are talking bad hair surely Jilly Hallidays got the worst style at QVC. Every time I see her I want to chop it all off and jazz it up.

If Julia has her roots done every four weeks her hair must grow like mad. You can often see her with a very white parting - I had hair not quite as dark as Julia's and I've gone much lighter because I could not bear the white parting against the dark colour. I looked like something from the Addams family!

QVC probably have a hairdresser where they get a discount. So if it's 65 quid WITH the discount...

I too need my roots retouching every 4 weeks, in fact the grey is starting to show around the second week! In between I use a touch up mascara like wash out colour (from Avon). I used to colour my own hair, but have been banned since my hubby retiled the bathroom!

If we are talking bad hair surely Jilly Hallidays got the worst style at QVC. Every time I see her I want to chop it all off and jazz it up.

It always looks like it needs washing, maybe if there was a bit less of it she could wash it a bit more often. Why have all that hair but never do anything different with it?

I stopped having my hair dyed a few years ago after 20 years of being blonde I went back to my reddish brown hair and now prefer it has it is. I made a decision a few years back that I won't dye it until the grey starts poking through and its saved me a fortune. A haircut every couple of months costs me about £10-15.

I remember some years ago (10 prob) I used to go to Toni and Guy and it used to cost me £80 then so £65 is pretty good esp if its in London.

Latest posts

Back