Oops!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No idea if it is true but suspect if it isn't true, then they can be done under the Trades Description Act and channels really watch they are accurate for this reason as the fines are quite high and too many lies would get them shut down I suspect.

Depends exactly what they mean but soap or washing-up liquid will destroy many viruses, most of which, including real nasties, e.g. HIV, rabies, etc. are incredibly fragile outside the body anyway!
A rather foolish blanket statement to have made though I would've thought, as rather open to interpretation?

Depends exactly what they mean but soap or washing-up liquid will destroy many viruses, most of which, including real nasties, e.g. HIV, rabies, etc. are incredibly fragile outside the body anyway!
A rather foolish blanket statement to have made though I would've thought, as rather open to interpretation?

Very hot water and steam, as well as time, can do the same!

This is so naughty and deceptive. As all other products will do the same job and given that any virus cannot survive without a host, although technically true and will make not a jot of difference.

This type of sales technique can do so much damage, and yet I doubt there'd be anything Trading Standards could do since the statement is not incorrect.

Argey x

I was under the impression, and I am probably wrong, that once the HIV virus has left the body and has no other host it will die pretty much straight away.

Latest posts

Back