Ooh, something new? Skyn Iceland!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

kitten_with_claws

Registered Shopper
Always thought this brand is just a con, bog standard ordinary ingredients (some being toxic to yours truly lmao). The beauty industry has gone way out of control in some ways (outlandish claims and gimmicks, charging the earth for ordinary stuff) and imo this is reflecting badly on the decent brands of which there are many.:64:

Looks good, but I'm on a mission to finish my gatineau products before buying anything else or it'll end up on my tootsies!!! I've got a cupboard full of unopened potions to get through!

Pah! No ingredients list to be found anywhere onlne & hugely expensive.........moving on......! lol :rolleyes:

There's a vague glossary on the skyn Iceland website and as they often do, Sephora have listed the ingredients of the products. Not impressed.:64:

Sephora have listed the ingredients of the products.

Oh yes, of course! :) *runs off to see*
*comes back* Not impressed! Another 'contents of a chemical factory' job, definitely not for me with some of those ingredients! Natural my a***! :(

Wasn't impressed either tbh, especially seeing as the show started with the usual 'prestigious brand...only available in America/Canada...only place you can get it here in UK is QVC...especially for you...literally...'. So AY lost me there. But she kept using the phrase 'it's almost like a serum' every two minutes too, when she was describing the texture of the products...hope that's not a new catch-all term she's going to start using all the time ;)

I thought skyn Iceland had been on sale in the UK for ages. Definitely was featured in some magazines:64:

Crikey KWC just read the reviews from the link you posted!! Might buy the toner to strip the paint off my bannisters!!! Won't be buying anything form this range.

I thought the model in the hour had quite a red looking complexion I could not decide wether it was from the products.

Great!!!

Another beauty range which will disappear from QVC in 3.2 seconds!I feel sorry for anyone who actually might get a result with these new products only to find in 3 months they are no longer sold at QVC and the few remaining products they have are now on Last Clicks.

QVC are completely saturated with skin lotions and potions and guess what?? none of them are gonna make you any smarter,younger,more attractive or look significantly different than you do.

Nothing wrong with a skin-care routine,i'm not knocking that at all,epsecially as i'm someone who has dabbled with Liz Earle and Elemis from time to time but sometimes I think you've gotta pare it back to basics and not overload your skin.IMHO.

I know there have been threads before about beauty brands that have come and gone and I was just thinking as I saw this new Iceland rubbish,i'm actually SHOCKED that Clientele has lasted as long as it has.........especially when I think about brands like Phtyomer,Ren,Herzog,what was the name of that one the russian bint used to hawk with the nanospheres?? Bio...summat or other,that Soy one which Carol Alt hawked for 9 seconds,the list is endless.

Enough already.

Clientele has been helped by the fact it is sold on QVC US. Brands sold on both QVCs and perhaps Germany as well last longer. No idea about QVC japan?

Unless they make untrue claims and get reported to the ASA ie Dr.Denese, then the do disappear. Or are just not that big sellers.

I thought the model in the hour had quite a red looking complexion I could not decide wether it was from the products.

Glad someone else noticed that - I thought i was imagining things. Her skin seemed to get very red when applying the calming serum. I shall avoid this I think - too pricey for one, and that review on Makeup Alley scared me!!

Glad someone else noticed that - I thought i was imagining things. Her skin seemed to get very red when applying the calming serum. I shall avoid this I think - too pricey for one, and that review on Makeup Alley scared me!!

I saw some reviews on this range too - sounds quite harsh. The woman who went off for a rest to iceland for a year and decided to develop the range - she seems too businessy to me I'm not sure i believe the story

Latest posts

Back