On QVC Reviews...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Love A'kin

QualityVariesConsiderably
On QVC Reviews...When people say that something went straight in the bin or was a waste of money because they're never going to use it again or something similar am I the only one bellowing "SEND IT BACK YOU DAFT MARE!" at the computer screen? :D

Thats what the 30 day MBG is for.. Ah well, lots of daft mares about Love A'Kin :call:

I've seen reviews where people have moaned the nail polish being too dark and they only like to wear light ones and you think well why did you buy a set of dark ones then? You wonder if some people actually watch the tv presentations before ordering :headbang:

On QVC Reviews...When people say that something went straight in the bin or was a waste of money because they're never going to use it again or something similar am I the only one bellowing "SEND IT BACK YOU DAFT MARE!" at the computer screen? :D
No you are not he only one! Even if something only cost £15 and it costs a fiver to send it back they would be £10 better off by doing that rather than binning the item or putting it away never to be used.

I think people think that hey have paid £x P & P and won't get that back so it deters them from returning. However they have paid the P & P whether they keep it or not so they should just ignore it and get the refund.

Last edited:
I do agree as I see it as the same to returning items to a shop. If they are no use then take it back. I once had something in the back of the car to be returned. It was a busy week and it must have slipped down the front of the seat and I never noticed. I was kicking myself afterwards :sad:and now I always return things within a couple of days. I've buy Leighton & OPI but if I've got the colour wrong, my DD inherits them. Always been to cautious to buy foundation though as they don't sell my usual brand.:hi:

Maybe some peeps have so much cash they don't miss it!:envy: I would:tongue2: x

I'm the sort of person that if I need to take something back,I do it asap - I just don't want it hanging around! Even with my qvc stuff,I normally send it back the day after it arrives - and in exactly the same condition it was sent to me in - I don't think I've ever "tried" anything out and then sent it back on the cusp of the 30 days.

I can understand in some reviews that people may see a bargain or a tsv for an upcoming event ie buying suitcase for holiday and then by the time they've actually used it,their 30 mbg was up yonks ago.

On the other hand - I can't see why on some reviews some people comment that they won't send back because the postage is too high.I'd always prefer to send back - even if I got a fiver/tenner back - its better than having it sit at home unused.

I usually wait until the deadline, I'm always late for everything, but I do send it back:sun:

It depends with me. Usually I know instantly that it's going back but sometimes I try to love something for a few days / weeks before conceding defeat and packaging it back up again.

It's possible that there are things where they would be worse off sending it back (very heavy, very valuable gold bullion maybe?) but if it's as useless and carp as they are saying in the review it's always got to be worth sending back hasn't it?

I've seen reviews where people have moaned the nail polish being too dark and they only like to wear light ones and you think well why did you buy a set of dark ones then? You wonder if some people actually watch the tv presentations before ordering :headbang:

Ooh - that gets me too! :devil: :D

I send stuff back asap as Idon't like it hanging around as a testement to my foolishness\guilibility plus I live in a two up two down terrace house so not much space to stow stuff. Also I want the cash back in my account asap. I do get cross that something that cost them £3.45ish to send to me generally seems to cost me less than half that amount to send it back, I know I keep harping on about the p&p but it's actally held me back from some purchases which can only be a good thing

I usually send anything unwanted back asap but a couple of months ago I bought some sandals and at first I thought they were ok but after a couple of weeks decided I didn't like them.I meant to send them back but forgot,when i did remember I called QVC as the "latest return date" was only a couple of days away,only to be told that is the day it is supposed to be back by,not the last date for you to post it.They said as a goodwill gesture I could still return them,but will make sure I do so in plenty of time next time.

I usually send anything unwanted back asap but a couple of months ago I bought some sandals and at first I thought they were ok but after a couple of weeks decided I didn't like them.I meant to send them back but forgot,when i did remember I called QVC as the "latest return date" was only a couple of days away,only to be told that is the day it is supposed to be back by,not the last date for you to post it.They said as a goodwill gesture I could still return them,but will make sure I do so in plenty of time next time.

Ooh Blimey - that's good to know cos I always thought it as the last day you could post it back. I'm glad they were cool about it for you. :)

Ooh Blimey - that's good to know cos I always thought it as the last day you could post it back. I'm glad they were cool about it for you. :)

That's a bit awkward really as the post is quite unreliable, you can prove when you posted something but you cannot prove that it actually got there in time.

I bought a Laura Geller set once and some of it was hideous but once I'd taken into account postage to me, postage sending it back and the price of the items I did want to keep, it wasn't worth sending it back!

Latest posts

Back