OMG was that really QVC Dave Bradford on air at TJC Choice? Well well well!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
Ah Dave.. The memories -- the suits, the pinky ring, the lovely days of QVC, - (I'm daydreaming out of my window now) My sister had a HUGE crush on Dave. Whilst my crush was Paul Lavers (don't worry Im STILL in therapy group for this disorder)

Surely Dave can do better than TJC choice?? Isn't this a little like going from Waitrose to the typical corner shop with rotten wood around the windows and dog poo just at the right of the entrance?

Good to see him back on the telly

He was at IW after QVC for years then they pushed him out onto their Craft Channel

I loved his jewellery cleaner which started life on QVC as the Caribbean Coconut Jewellery Cleaner. It was the only thing I ever ordered off IW, who then started phoning and asking why I wasn't shopping with them and would I be interested in? NO, and p*ss was my reply. This product has now totally disappeared sadly.

He was at IW after QVC for years then they pushed him out onto their Craft Channel

I loved his jewellery cleaner which started life on QVC as the Caribbean Coconut Jewellery Cleaner. It was the only thing I ever ordered off IW, who then started phoning and asking why I wasn't shopping with them and would I be interested in? NO, and p*ss was my reply. This product has now totally disappeared sadly.

He sold the jewellery cleaner on IW but it was banana by then.

He originally left Q to present on Shop! only going to IW when Shop! folded. Dean Wilson was on Shop! (anyone remember the sit-on rider exercise equipment with Dean doing it in slow-mo?). Anthony Heywood got his first shopping telly gig with Shop! when he sent in a home video and asked for a job. Shop! was probably my fav shopping channel at the time, you could pay a fee (a bit like IW's Craft Club) to get a % discount and free delivery on every purchase. Their closing down sale was awesome and then I got my membership refunded as it still had a few month's to run. I still have a bed and a huge gas BBQ bought at crazy prices.

Around the same time HSE was a credible competitor for QVC but sadly pulled out of the UK leaving staff and presenters unpaid, a couple of HSE presenters are now brand ambassadors for QVC - Debra Leigh (Cozze Homes) and Judith William's occasional stand in (Sarah Holomby?), Clive Holland (HSE's DIY presenter went to BBC's show on cowboy builders and Andy Love reappeared on IW after HSE went TU.

Paul Lavers, Debbie Flint and Steve Whatley were the original QVC defectors who were on Ideal World at the outset I think.

It's a surprisingly small "talent" pool when you think about it! :mysmilie_13:

Dave Bradford was on QVC when I was very young! I do remember him as being quite a good presenter. He had a good voice. I seem to recall he went to Hollywood or LA or somewhere and suffered with stress-related problems. I'm sure he'd be very good on TJC. There's a bloke called Cris St Valery on there who is a bit like Dave Bradford. I miss Derek Marks - he was always very entertaining and seemed like a nice guy.

Dave Bradford was on QVC when I was very young! I do remember him as being quite a good presenter. He had a good voice. I seem to recall he went to Hollywood or LA or somewhere and suffered with stress-related problems. I'm sure he'd be very good on TJC. There's a bloke called Cris St Valery on there who is a bit like Dave Bradford. I miss Derek Marks - he was always very entertaining and seemed like a nice guy.

That was Rob not Dave Bradford. Who then tried a Go Fund Me as he was broke

He originally left Q to present on Shop! only going to IW when Shop! folded. Dean Wilson was on Shop! (anyone remember the sit-on rider exercise equipment with Dean doing it in slow-mo?). Anthony Heywood got his first shopping telly gig with Shop! when he sent in a home video and asked for a job. Shop! was probably my fav shopping channel at the time, you could pay a fee (a bit like IW's Craft Club) to get a % discount and free delivery on every purchase. Their closing down sale was awesome and then I got my membership refunded as it still had a few month's to run. I still have a bed and a huge gas BBQ bought at crazy prices.

Around the same time HSE was a credible competitor for QVC but sadly pulled out of the UK leaving staff and presenters unpaid, a couple of HSE presenters are now brand ambassadors for QVC - Debra Leigh (Cozze Homes) and Judith William's occasional stand in (Sarah Holomby?), Clive Holland (HSE's DIY presenter went to BBC's show on cowboy builders and Andy Love reappeared on IW after HSE went TU.

Paul Lavers, Debbie Flint and Steve Whatley were the original QVC defectors who were on Ideal World at the outset I think.

It's a surprisingly small "talent" pool when you think about it! :mysmilie_13:

Oh, I remember HSE! I ordered Cosmetics A La Carte stuff from them. The brand appeared on QVC for a very short period way. I really liked HSE.

When you see how many brands HSE in Europe and HSN in the US carry, it's a real shame they didn't continue in the UK, if only to keep QVC on its toes! HSE also used to combine postage during a 24 hour period, as did Shop!. Mind you, the fact that neither firm survived more than a few years would probably strengthen QVC's resolve to stick with their postage policy.

That was Rob not Dave Bradford. Who then tried a Go Fund Me as he was broke

I know who you mean - Rob Locke - who was quite a large man. I remember him putting up some online begging thing, but no I'm talking about Dave Bradford proper! He has brown, short hair. He used to have a website and it said something about him interviewing Joan Collins and suffering from stress. I don't know if the stress and Joan Collins were interconnected, but it was definitely Dave Bradford.

Latest posts

Back