OMG Shocking News

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What a terrible thing to happen and for his son to witness his father's death like this is just awful. My deep condolences to his widow and family.

I'm just catching up with the forum and am deeply shocked to read this news. But many thanks Meesh for informing us about this very sad event.

I've seen the video clip of Sir Campbell Bridges on the TV so many times when he was interviewed in the Phoenix Gem Show, that he feels like an old and trusted friend. He seemed such a gentleman, very genuine and quietly spoken and I am deeply sorry for his family and also for his son who was injured.

It must be very hazardous mining in these god forsaken and remote areas, where I expect there would have been a high level of security.

I assume more news will be forthcoming and hope that the channels will pay their respects to this very highly esteemed gentleman. May he rest in peace.

How desperately sad and tragic.

My thoughts and prayers are with his family at this very sad time.

What a terrible trajedy and senseless loss of life. I hope Bruce recovers quickly from his injuries. Poor man, I can't even imagine how you'd cope facing the loss of a parent in such a traumatic way.

My thoughts are with his family at this very sad time.

Mathilda, what a shock. I hope your friend's husband will be ok.

M x

Thank you for the post Meesh.

What a terrible way to die, after he had brought such beauty into the world for us all to share in.

My deepest condolences to his family, and I hope that Bruce recovers very quickly from his physical injuries and that his emotional trauma doesn't haunt him from now on.

What a senseless loss of a wonderful life.

Su

If anyone would like to be involved Steve A has just announced RocksTV are holding a minute's silince at 1.00pm today. xxx

Terribly sad, tragic news - truly shocking

Our thoughts are with his family and friends - and our extended thanks to Campbell for being one of the few people to publicly humanise gemstones with real vibrant personality and passion.

RIP

Thanks Fraggs for posting that link...its a very moving video clip.
Today's Daily Telegraph ran a large article in its world news section and what was the comment of a local police spokesman?

"The authorities were investigating the unfortunate death of a white miner"

Words fail me!

How sad,my sympathies go out to the family. A larger than life character who brought us all pleasure in the form of beautiful gems.

Latest posts

Back