omg i had this amazing candle idea!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

BurlyBeaR

Registered Shopper
so i'm burning a couple of candles at the moment, its a 3 set from yankee. i dont normally bother but they were in the sale and theyre not bad - at least theyre in the straight sided contemoprary looking jars and not those granny biscuit barrel shaped things.

ANYway i was contemplating how the two candles smelled ok together, its sea and sand and a blue one - water garden? dunno i ripped the labels off, when i had this AMAZING idea.

i want you to take note now, 'cos i guarantee some nosey parker buyer will be reading this and will be straight on the phone to michaela snotty-features from yankee and you'll see something like this within a year.
possibly even by christmas!!!!

so, heres the idea......

you have a straight-sided jar candle. but the wax is in layers. like you might have a layer of clean cotton, a layer of lemon lavender, and a layer of sage and citrus. as it burns down you get a period of time when the fragrances in the adjacent layers mix together fabulously.

this would work amazingly with xmas smells....

and fruit .......

and floral.....

jeez i cant believe i'm giving this one away! its a total WINNER! :muscle:

what 3 would you have? :giggle:

Fab thread, BurlyB!!

1. Fig and Olive

2. Meditarranean Cypress

3. Greek Fig & Blackcurrant

so i'm burning a couple of candles at the moment, its a 3 set from yankee. i dont normally bother but they were in the sale and theyre not bad - at least theyre in the straight sided contemoprary looking jars and not those granny biscuit barrel shaped things.

ANYway i was contemplating how the two candles smelled ok together, its sea and sand and a blue one - water garden? dunno i ripped the labels off, when i had this AMAZING idea.

i want you to take note now, 'cos i guarantee some nosey parker buyer will be reading this and will be straight on the phone to michaela snotty-features from yankee and you'll see something like this within a year.

so, heres the idea......

you have a straight-sided jar candle. but the wax is in layers. like you might have a layer of clean cotton, a layer of lemon lavender, and a layer of sage and citrus. as it burns down you get a period of time when the fragrances in the adjacent layers mix together fabulously.

and fruit .......

and floral.....

I like the sound of that - I wonder if they could make it work...my OH "reconstitutes" mine when they burn out so I get a hotch-potch and I have to say it doesn't always smell too good! I'm sure Yankee could sort it a lot better! I like Lemon Lavender, Vanilla Lime & Black Cherry. Um..all sort of eats aren't they...?!

here's one
117783.jpg

sorry to pi** on your parade and that ;)

so, heres the idea......

and fruit .......

and floral.....

Evening in Paris, Midnight Rendezvous........ooops, wrong thread, sorry :blush::blush::blush:

so, heres the idea......

and fruit .......

and floral.....

Sorry your candle idea has been taken.

Reminds me of my brilliant idea - a self weighing suitcase but Argos have beaten me to it :(
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0758187/Trail/searchtext>WEIGH+SUITCASE.htm

Didnt they have one called Stars and Stripes when it was 4th July that was all blue with a different label????

Found it...... http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.a...759361.cm_scid.Froogle?ref=fgl&source=froogle

I bought the Stars and Stripes (the all blue version) as my birthday is 4th July (haven't tried them yet though). I also have the small version of the red/white/blue Mrs J posted and it doesn't list three different fragrances, which makes me think it's the same fragrance in three different colours. I haven't burnt it as I collect Americana and just like looking at it (how sad!!) So, the idea of a candle with different fragrances may still be a new concept. Patent it quick!!

I have also bought candles - non Yankee - in TKMax Homesense that are in different stripes.

It is a great idea though. May be Yankee could do some more.

Latest posts

Back