Old jewellery brands that used to be on QVC...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
Was just thinking of some jewellery brands that used to be on QVC, wondered if anyone else remembered them or bought anything from them :hi:. Think there was a range called Babylone that vanished just as I started watching in 2003, French range, teeny bit Lola Rose-ish, big necklaces with flowers. Also Vivienne Becker, started as a guest then had her own range for a while, some mock-vintage pieces. Was there something like Vermeil, forerunner of Veronese? And some three colour gold range too? Vague memories...

Also what happened to the Face of Diamoaneek (or, as my OH used to cheekily refer to the noble title, the A*se of Diamoaneek :rock:)? I seem to recall they made a big fat fuss of the first one, then it seemed to tail off...

They DID make a fuss of our first Face of Diamonique didn't they - but the second one, I think I only saw her once..her year must be up now anyway so guess they didn't do a third?

I can remember Spanish Gold with Milagros (?), they did some nice stuff, and I liked that Black Hills gold & silver..and who was it that did the gold rings with a sort of floppy top that were supposed to fit over awkward knuckles like mine? I can't remember much else as I'm basically a silver Eek girl as you know AD!

I got a couple of Silver Heritage pieces and loved that range. It seemed to disappear without a trace too.

And, although not jewellery, what ever happened to Pre-Zerve (I know I have the spelling wrong!)? I have a jewellery case and my silver is getting tarnished!

Last edited:
They DID make a fuss of our first Face of Diamonique didn't they - but the second one, I think I only saw her once..her year must be up now anyway so guess they didn't do a third?

I can remember Spanish Gold with Milagros (?), they did some nice stuff, and I liked that Black Hills gold & silver..and who was it that did the gold rings with a sort of floppy top that were supposed to fit over awkward knuckles like mine? I can't remember much else as I'm basically a silver Eek girl as you know AD!

That was Imperial Gold BM. I bought one of those rings and loved it but, sadly, think my fingers have gone a little thicker now and I can't get it over the knuckle!

What about the 100 cut Diamonique?! And blueberry quartz, whatever that is? How about that silver and turquoise stuff from that woman that wears a gondola-style hate and dances like a demented snake in a basket? Diamonique is just cheap old cubic zirconia really!

I got a couple of Silver Heritage pieces and loved that range. It seemed to disappear without a trace too.

And, although not jewellery, what ever happened to Pre-Zerve (I know I have the spelling wrong!)? I have a jewellery case and my silver is getting tarnished!

I bought a small Pre-Zerve box for my Honora pieces - not easy to clean the pearl/silver combo - and it worked a treat. However, the second slightly bigger one that houses other silver bits hasn't been quite as effective on everything.

Sorry, not really "old brands" and I've probably said this before but I miss the reasonably priced gold Diamonique - I've got one ring and a very convincing pair of stud earrings but always hoped to add to them. Sadly, they're out of my league now.

Last edited:
That was Imperial Gold BM. I bought one of those rings and loved it but, sadly, think my fingers have gone a little thicker now and I can't get it over the knuckle!

that's it! I never had one, but thought it was a good idea - I usually struggle to get a ring over my knuckle, then once in place it's too loose!

that's it! I never had one, but thought it was a good idea - I usually struggle to get a ring over my knuckle, then once in place it's too loose!

I have that problem too, once it's on the ring keeps turning all the time, it drives me mad!

I seem to recall a V&A range and not that long ago.
I wish they did marcasite range. I was once told on here they used to.

Minim - I remember V&A, some nice stuff. I seem to recall some marcasite pieces but it was a long time ago. Past Times do a lot of sterling silver and marcasite, they've gone from the Dreaded High Street now but are still available online.

Karen I used to like watching Viva las Vegas gems, only recently been lamenting my failure to buy some bright sapphires when they were a sensible price. The items on that range used to go up to £300, I remember them saying once it was their more presteeejious higher priced jewellery line. You'd pay that for a Citrine in sterling silver these days (well, not quite, but you know what I mean!)

Was just thinking of some jewellery brands that used to be on QVC, wondered if anyone else remembered them or bought anything from them :hi:. Think there was a range called Babylone that vanished just as I started watching in 2003, French range, teeny bit Lola Rose-ish, big necklaces with flowers. Also Vivienne Becker, started as a guest then had her own range for a while, some mock-vintage pieces. Was there something like Vermeil, forerunner of Veronese? And some three colour gold range too? Vague memories...

Also what happened to the Face of Diamoaneek (or, as my OH used to cheekily refer to the noble title, the A*se of Diamoaneek :rock:)? I seem to recall they made a big fat fuss of the first one, then it seemed to tail off...

That would be as mentioned above the Black Hills by Coleman, Rapid City, Dakota. Sadly they stopped selling this range late 2011, but the clearance sale was a good 'un. :nod: A link to their website below.....

http://www.blackhillsgoldbycoleman.com/catalog/catalog.aspx

As suggested by Minim, it would be good if Q started selling some quality Marcasite.

I liked Michael Dawkins lovely silver jewellery, hasn't been on Q for a long time.

There's some nice pieces on ebay, at a price. I was pleased to see a ring I bought for around £20 now selling for nearly £50!

I returned a beautiful Viva las Vagas blue sapphire pave ring a few years ago, I'd also ordered from TJC and had to chose one or the other.. I've always regretted sending it back, never saw it again. :sad:

I seem to recall a V&A range and not that long ago.
I wish they did marcasite range. I was once told on here they used to.

many years ago (over 10) they used to do a lot of marcasite. i remember because i don't like it ;)

I think I remember that one Frazzled - was it all shades of blue sapphires? If it's the one I'm thinking of it was *stunning*. Sorry, that doesn't help really does it?!

My OH liked Ana de Costa (think she was quite impressed with the jewellery too...:wink:)

My mum had one or two nice marcasite pieces janie but I was never very fussed about it either...

you used to get nice silver shows with gemstone rings at affordable prices at one time..my first ever purchase was a silver ring with a beautiful blue topaz stone..at one time I would book a day off work for Silver Day - how mad was I!

I liked Michael Dawkins lovely silver jewellery, hasn't been on Q for a long time.

There's some nice pieces on ebay, at a price. I was pleased to see a ring I bought for around £20 now selling for nearly £50!

I returned a beautiful Viva las Vagas blue sapphire pave ring a few years ago, I'd also ordered from TJC and had to chose one or the other.. I've always regretted sending it back, never saw it again. :sad:

I loved Michael Dawkins jewellery too - I have 4 of his bracelets, they are still lovely and are really quite weighty as they are solid silver. Really wish he would come back.

Also liked RLM and noticed a pendant in Web Firsts - is he coming back I wonder??

Latest posts

Back