Oh Nooo not a JR American version!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JR's Ego

Registered Shopper
Well I just dont understand it. Maybe Julia has adopted too many American friends. Particularly this evening, during the diamonique event, JR has adopted this talk where her sentences end on the 'up tone' ...Its classic American style. Ideal world's presenter Ellis Ward is extremely guilty of this talk style also If you dont understand this, think of a sentence starting on a low musical note, like middle 'c' and then the end is on note 'g' I find it very very annoying. (Along with the over used, and incorrectly gramatically placed word - 'SO' ) "I'm sooo loving this" OMG when is this rubbish going to end??? The americans ruined the english language... and all that s*it is settling over here. Yes Americans are really that stupid, it seems, so why replicate it?

As an American with only 1 Jt Hons degree, 2 Masters and a PhD I am too stupid to respond to this

I think it's absolutley shocking and should be stopped immediately. Someone is obviously studying JR to the point of obsession and it isn't me.

Please tell me why yanks have taken the beautiful english language and quite literally bastardised it? P.S. having a qualification IS NO confirmation of intelligence.

I know what your on about young people do it all the time, i have heard steve Wright (dj) mention it he says it started in Australia transfered to the states and now it's here!!!! It's like people asking a question at the end of every sentence!!!! It does seem to be creeping in everywhere, my daughter does it (she's 22) and her friends are also at it and there are some older people using it
I think JR is trying to sound young and hip !!!!! by the way I'm 51 and don't do it !!!!!!!!! xxx

Agree JR is doing it to try and look young...incidently I think she really is looking old these days..age has really caught up with her recently..if anything looks much older than 55..that said refreshing to have an older women presenting on TV.

I know what your on about young people do it all the time, i have heard steve Wright (dj) mention it he says it started in Australia transfered to the states and now it's here!!!! It's like people asking a question at the end of every sentence!!!! It does seem to be creeping in everywhere, my daughter does it (she's 22) and her friends are also at it and there are some older people using it
I think JR is trying to sound young and hip !!!!! by the way I'm 51 and don't do it !!!!!!!!! xxx

Aahhh, but do they know the difference between your and you're??? :tongue: :wink:

I don't think it's American to end a sentence on an "up tone", I think that's Australian. And both American and Australian popular culture influence our lives whether we like it or not.

I thought Julia was great. She works well with Ali. She obviously loved some of the designs and was generally on good form. Or perhaps I was watching a different hour.

I don't think it's American to end a sentence on an "up tone", I think that's Australian. And both American and Australian popular culture influence our lives whether we like it or not.

I thought Julia was great. She works well with Ali. She obviously loved some of the designs and was generally on good form. Or perhaps I was watching a different hour.

You are right, the aussies have always done that, not the yanks!

I have a radical suggestion for you JR's ego...........
Turn your tv to another channel when JR is on you are clearly upset by everything she does/says/wears and live is too short and precious to get so wound up about a person that you feel the need to log on and criticise not only the QVC presenter who is doing her job but a whole nation!

and yes Stumpybloke I can't spell ! I also have an american SIL and she doesn't do that way of speaking I find it very annoying and so does she !!!!!

and yes Stumpybloke I can't spell ! I also have an american SIL and she doesn't do that way of speaking I find it very annoying and so does she !!!!!

So do I!! Whilst I actually like the yanks, I hate the influence the USA has on this country. I also hate all this 'gangsta-black-speak' (and to anyone reading, no that aint racist!!!!) which is permeating our society too - especially the rough-arses of this slowly dieing country!

Please tell me why yanks have taken the beautiful english language and quite literally bastardised it? P.S. having a qualification IS NO confirmation of intelligence.

Wooaahh you really like being rude dont you??!!!

Latest posts

Back