Oh no - it's the gemstone globes!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ali Kamman

Registered Shopper
Just seen Peter Simon's preview and - yes, they're back! It's the gemstone globes! Weren't these a regular feature on defunct, crooked channel Auction World about a decade ago (guide price £7.2 million, our price £999)? Haven't seen them for years. Did Bid just unearth a few in the very back of the warehouse?!

They really are scraping the bottom of the seconds barrell!

It's strange that a selection of products that used to appear on the channels years ago are suddenly making a comeback: fire blankets, towel bales, worry angels (apparently), and now gemstone globes. Almost as if the Sit-up channels are slowly dying and their life history is flashing by in front of them...

Therefore it wouldn't surprise me if those "sonic pest repellents" accompanied by giant cockroach pictures reappeared shortly, followed soon afterwards by those Harlem so-called "mountain bikes"*

*Cycling up the garden path would be a chore on one of those heavy lumps of scrap metal, let alone cycling on anything resembling a hill.

I purchased a 15 inch across one (Earth atlas one) I bought it from ebay for £15. I don't know if I really like it .... it has been in my loft for probably going on 3 years now. The main problem is the one I bought is too big.

I do kind of like it... but its just so big & it doesn't seem to fit in with anything I have. They are pretty and very robust, perhaps an acquired taste lol.

Last edited:
A few years ago, in desperation for unusual Christmas present for some of the 'difficult to buy for' men in the family, I bought a set of 3 gemstone paperweights. They were very reasonable, beautifully presented and packaged and on top of that, were very well made and attractive. I saw the same thing on e-bay sometime afterwards 3 times what I paid.
Of course, all this was back in the day when you didn't whoop with derision when you saw what they were selling

I remember the endless Globes on various channels many years ago with the ludicrous starting prices. I do recall a really small one, about 10-15cm diameter which was quite nice.

I got a 320mm mother of pearl gemstone globe from ye old Bid-Up.tv many moons ago, about 2005/6 time.
It was a great piece that got attention in our house.
I paid just over £37 for it in total and guess what - I sold it for £65 last year on Ebay !

Latest posts

Back