Oh Lordy, incredible value for money, Charlie?? Eh??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

backstreetgirl

Registered Shopper
I have got Kelly Hoppen's hour on in the background and glanced up to see Charlie saying that £120 for a duvet set of hers is 'incredible value for money.' Do what? You'd need two sets for when one is in the wash, so that's £240 for two sets. How can that be incredible value for money, even if it is from Kelly Hoppen?

And she was saying about how easy they are to iron and how good they look today as they've been ironed; five minutes later, a close-up on the valance showed a multitude of creases. :yawn2:

Charlie= bed stuff - very fitting, he sends me to sleep. :sleepy:

I was laughing at that show as i was changing my bed, putting on a cover that I got from Dumelm for 20 quid, then I "dressed" it with cushions from same shop that diddn't cost much, I have curtains from same shop too and think my bedroom looks very nice and all for way less than the cost of one bedding set from this overpriced range. Sometimes I think it's better to have a limited budget and a bit of imagination........

You can pay a great deal more for bed linen. Whether it is good value for money is a completely different question, however. As I have never purchased from the range I cannot comment on the quality - not my taste at all. :wink2:

Interestingly she has just commented that they were impressed with the quality of some of the bed linen when they got it in from QVC. So it's not actually her products that she is supplying to them but something QVC are getting made? Or did I justget the wrong end of the stick?

She has just said the Beckhams have her products but surely she must know Cheryl Cole is the woman of the moment! If it's not good enough for Saint Cheryl then it's not good enough for me!

Interestingly she has just commented that they were impressed with the quality of some of the bed linen when they got it in from QVC. So it's not actually her products that she is supplying to them but something QVC are getting made? Or did I just get the wrong end of the stick?

Boris Bear i came on ST.com to make exactly the same point so thank you for doing it for me. the word "licensing" springs to mind, no? KH has clearly sold her designs to QVC who are now producing them (probably in a northern nights factory in china).

her reviews for the bedding arent that good so after a disaster with NN last week where they sent the wrong chuffing colour (incorrectly described on air, so free return thank god) i have gone for this....

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.829581

we'll see..... anyone had the pure home range?

Charlie mentioned that QVC do another range in 600TC (northern nights) and kelly replied: "yeah, but it won't be the same as mine." Unsurprisingly, Charlie said nothing!

Don't think I'll be buying any more bedlinen just yet. Credit crunch and all that, even if at this 'cough, splutter, gag' ...... bargin price.

'And she was saying about how easy they are to iron and how good they look today as they've been ironed; five minutes later, a close-up on the valance showed a multitude of creases.'

Seriously, how many of us iron our bed linen ? I don't for one !

Maybe it's time she was Hoppen off!!

Here here! Just one glance at her I switched over, had quite a smell under her nose and completely up her own A***. What angers me is when they think if they drop a few celebrity names, it makes us want to buy! We are all individuals, why should we want to be like some celebrity who is probably so into their media publicity, they haven't got a clue where or what they're sleeping on! I'm just waiting for them to come up with Katie Price items/diamonique designs etc. That's when I'll really understand that it's a load of old tosh!

Boris Bear i came on ST.com to make exactly the same point so thank you for doing it for me. the word "licensing" springs to mind, no? KH has clearly sold her designs to QVC who are now producing them (probably in a northern nights factory in china).

her reviews for the bedding arent that good so after a disaster with NN last week where they sent the wrong chuffing colour (incorrectly described on air, so free return thank god) i have gone for this....

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.829581

we'll see..... anyone had the pure home range?

Hi BurlyBear
I went for another duvet set from this range, and it is booootiful!
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.829593
I love the quality, it is so soft, washes really well and it is in the price range of the more expensive higherTC NN items. I hang it out and the ironing is minimal and easy. If you take the sheets from the line directly back to the bed, there is no need for ironing at all. Even after few nights sleep, the sheets still look great.
I also prefer plain sheets iykwim, I am not that keen on all that jacquard/dobby woven stuff, which imo just discovers flaws in the bedding

HTH

Just got a double pack of duvet covers and pillow cases from Asda for £18
would much rather pay this than buy expensive ones as
1/ my dog gets on the bed while i'm getting ready in the morning and i think i would even ban husband from the bed at those prices

2/ i would get bored with the set and want a change too often to pay that sort of money

I was laughing at that show as i was changing my bed, putting on a cover that I got from Dumelm for 20 quid, then I "dressed" it with cushions from same shop that diddn't cost much, I have curtains from same shop too and think my bedroom looks very nice and all for way less than the cost of one bedding set from this overpriced range. Sometimes I think it's better to have a limited budget and a bit of imagination........

How i miss Dunelms!! brillaint shop - I have two duvet covers i bought about 10 years ago (£20.00 for the 2) in a beautiful citrus colours, (at the time when limes, oranges and yellows were the thing to have! lol) they are still as vibrant as the day i bought them, they havent faded whatsoever in the wash! And havent even worn, even all the press studs are still there in good working order! The next best shop to dunelms for me was Rosbys and then that went and shut NOooooooooooooooo!!! I am going to have to hot foot it and stay with my sister for a while and shop dunelms dry! lol xx

'And she was saying about how easy they are to iron and how good they look today as they've been ironed; five minutes later, a close-up on the valance showed a multitude of creases.'

Seriously, how many of us iron our bed linen ? I don't for one !

Me neither, cant be bothered wrestling with a duvet over an ironing board! lol I put mine in the tumble dryer - and get it out, when it is nearly dry, just slightly damp to the touch, shake it, fold it, and put it over the upstairs bannister, overnight, next day its totally dry, and crease free, fold and put it in airing cupboard. Job done and no iron involved! lol xx

Latest posts

Back