Objective Reviews?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Ruthmay

Registered Shopper
Don't think so!

I posted on here and the QVC website about the dangerous (in my opinion) Joseph Esposito pave earrings, and the pain and hurt they had caused me.

Gone! Vanished!

wrote to them and explained the problem. not a word of apology! just a return label.

shall not waste any more time on any reviews or trust what is written - if critical reviews are not published, what is the point?

Do you mean all the reviews have been pulled Ruthmay or just your review? When did you submit it?

Do you mean all the reviews have been pulled Ruthmay or just your review? When did you submit it?

There are 4 other reviews Calvin, some good, some moderate. Sent mine last weekend when the earrings arrived. They might have pulled others, who knows?

i'll not post any more either after my negative one was not displayed but my positive were. :20:

How can they get away with this? They said at some stage that the reviews are monitored by an independant company.

very misleading in my opinion.

That seems very underhand of QVC and not a fair representation of what people really think then. I'm off to check if any of my bad ones have been pulled.

I have had the same expereinces as the rest of you regarding negative reviews but i have also noticed that changes occur to more positive reviews when for exapmle there is a TSV from a particular company. For example just before the the recents L'Occitane TSV, I send a negative review about the citrus verbena splash. it appeared for a few days then on the TSV day it was nowhere to be seen - in fact others had also disappeared to be replaced by almost all 5*reviews!!!!

I posted a negative review about a Lola Rose necklace that arrived badly chipped.The necklace was really poorly packaged and I said that for the P&P charged it was not good enough.
They did not post the review but....I got a letter from CS apologising and saying that the packaging clearly was not acceptable and they appreciated my comments.

I wrote a review other day asking how they can sell a Yamaha keyboard at £140 odd when woolworth got it at £87.99 wonder why its never been posted :18::18::18:

I sent a couple of neg reviews,and they appeared for a few days and then dissapeared.I think they are struggling generally tbh,and with the high cost of their p&p I think it will get worse. They have said that they won't reduce their p&p as it covers the fact they give unconditional guarantee-I know many people do abuse this,sending for things when they only want 1 part,taking what they want and sending the rest back which is basically dishonest. Perhaps they should call it post,packing and loss limitation! It's amazing how much cheaper it often is to return something than they have charged-especially considering how poor the packaging often is. I completed a survey from the company that runs their reviews a few weeks ago and included all of this in the 'any other comments' section,they emailed back and said they had relayed my comments to CS but I have never had any sort of response!

I had a wee look at the QVC review guidelines and I wondered if some reviews were not published because we may be inadvertently breaking the rules. Just a thought.....

"Review Guidelines

Thanks for taking the time to write a customer review. By following these simple guidelines, you can ensure your voice is heard:

Focus on the product and your individual experience using it
Provide details about why you liked or disliked a product
All submitted reviews are subject to the terms set forth in our Customer Reviews Terms of Use
We reserve the right not to post your review if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines:

Obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum
Advertisements, "spam" content, or references to other products, offers, or websites
Email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information
Critical or spiteful comments on other reviews posted on the page or their authors
If your comments are about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please don't submit this feedback through a product review. Instead, contact Customer Service so that we can respond properly to your feedback.

Enjoy writing your review!"

I wrote a couple of review a couple of weeks ago and they never made it to the site at all. One of them was a little negative I suppose, but the other's weren't.

I'm not sure what their criteria is for accepting or rejecting reviews, but reading the above I'm sure mine didn't break any of their "rules".

Don't think I'll bother in future.

Wonder why my positive ones didn't show up though? Ah well. I guess they can't publish everything....but when you read some of the poor grammar, rubbish punctuation and downright odd sounding reviews they DO publish, I do wonder what their criteria is.

I really value the reviews on the website when making a buying decision, but if they're being vetted, then it kind of throws into question their whole validity really.

i submitted a review for an expensive and so so in popularity product. i noticed that if it was getting too many negatives they seemed not to want to lower the feedback too much as maybe the company would complain that thier product was shown in a bad light afterall qvc chargethese people to sell on tv so it must be a poitve experience for them.

I have posted 2 negative reviews out of the 9 I have done, both are still there as are all the positive ones..have to say that they all did take a little while to be posted (about 3 days). If you scan through the reviews, there are plenty of negative ones up there, eg check out the washmatic system!

Don't think so!

I posted on here and the QVC website about the dangerous (in my opinion) Joseph Esposito pave earrings, and the pain and hurt they had caused me.

Gone! Vanished!

wrote to them and explained the problem. not a word of apology! just a return label.

shall not waste any more time on any reviews or trust what is written - if critical reviews are not published, what is the point?

Keep posting your reviews here on ShoppingTelly.com, QVC will not commmunicate with ShoppingTelly.com anymore, but in my opinion a customer would be be better informed here than what is written on the QVC website.

I notice QVC are "allowing" reviews of products that people haven't even RECEIVED yet! Yesterday's BE TSV is a case in point. And they did it a couple of weeks ago for that yukky Kim and Co TSV too.

Can't believe they'll post reviews of products not even received, yet objective honest reviews about products that have been tested by the consumer are ignored. Something not right there.

Latest posts

Back