NV Perricone TSV - 08/09/11

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm glad I'm a man so I didn't even have to think about buying this, because, as you know, men never seem to age.

Lol!
Himself was very miffed a few weeks back when a little dear told him he was fortunate that his "daughter" - that's me - came with him every day to see his "wife" - that's his mother :biggrin:
OK, it was a geriatric ward, but still ...

I didn't even have to think about buying this because of the cost

Off topic: My brother used to take our Mum to visit our Nana in her care home and a couple of times Nana leant over to my brither and asked "What are you doing with that old bird?" (our Mum) She didn't really know who any of us were toward the end, bless her!

Jude xx

Back on topic: DH suggested last night that I post on here that I'd ordered the TSV (I didn't), to see whether it would coax any actual buyers our of the woodwork! (I'm married to a closet troll! Who knew?!).

Go on! Anyone orderd it? Auto-delivery anyone? Fess up and be absolved!

Jude xx

I bought 6!!!!! :doh::sweat::wonder:

Only joking! Do I look that stupid?? Please don't answer that.

I'll fess up, I got it. I've not tried the range before so I'm quite excited!

:hi: I really wanted to order it, and if I had ordered it I would have gone for the AD - but I daren't in case I liked it.

It's not that long since I kicked my £120 every two months cut and colour habit. Taking on a commitment to buying Perricone now would be like having struggled to giveup fags and then taking up cocaine! :tongue::cheeky:

I'll fess up, I got it. I've not tried the range before so I'm quite excited!

You can always use 99% of it and then send the rest back if you don't look as much younger as they said you would.

I know there has been another thread about the MBG, but, seriously, if it doesn't live up to the claims they made you could do this with a clear conscience.

You can always use 99% of it and then send the rest back if you don't look as much younger as they said you would.

I know there has been another thread about the MBG, but, seriously, if it doesn't live up to the claims they made you could do this with a clear conscience.

I justified it on the grounds that it works out pretty much at:

£25 cleanser (which is what I'd normally pay, in fact less than as no separate toner to buy)

£25 moisturiser (again, I'd easily pay this on another brand)

£43 eye cream (more than I'd normally pay but it's no more than salon brands like Elemis, Gatineau etc charge)

£43 serum (again, about the price of a standard (ie. non-anti-aging) serum from Gatineau/Elemis and much cheaper than Elemis's anti-aging/trienzyme serums).

I thought it was worth a punt. I went for auto-delivery in case I love it, otherwise I'll just cancel. Did they mention what the shelf life of the products is unopened?

You don't need to justify it to anyone, except yourself.

I often justify to myself expensive items I buy, and sometimes to my partner, but not on the forum (as far as I can remember).

I hope it is as good as they say.

Hope you like your purchase White Russian.A long time ago I was shopping with a friend and bought some Kanebo foundation as I was running low,I had used it for years and it was worth every penny-nothing else compared.On the way home she went on and on about me spending that much money on make up and then called in at a local off licence and bought her two weeks supply of fags which cost more than my foundation which would last me for months,I don't smoke so why should I be made to feel guilty about treating myself.:happy:

I bought the finishing cream for BCC last Autumn and it seemed nice enough. If the "no foundation" thingy had been in the TSV I'd have been v tempted. That and easy pay might have swung it.

Please report back WR; I much prefer to rely on the opinions of real people.

Jude xx

Hope you like your purchase White Russian.A long time ago I was shopping with a friend and bought some Kanebo foundation as I was running low,I had used it for years and it was worth every penny-nothing else compared.On the way home she went on and on about me spending that much money on make up and then called in at a local off licence and bought her two weeks supply of fags which cost more than my foundation which would last me for months,I don't smoke so why should I be made to feel guilty about treating myself.:happy:

Wise words. I do spend more than my fair share on skincare and makeup but that's my only vice (don't smoke, hardly drink etc). It doesn't harm me (maybe just my wallet!) and I find the routines relaxing and pampering which makes me feel good. If you can afford it I don't think women should feel bad about spending money on beauty products; it's our birthright as women to be beautiful!

That's true , I don't smoke , a night out is as rare as seeing pigs fly so after the household bills , food and my 4 children I use the rest on skincare which is Liz Earle & now Elemis. I use LE daytime & Elemis at night , which is around the price or just a little over the TSV price of the Perricone yesterday so for me paying for good skincare is my only "vice".

Totally agree. My cousin smokes 30 a day :puke: She smokes those posh St Moritz ciggies & they are about £6.30 a throw & she buys about 12 packs a week. Do the maths :doh: She dosen't bother with skin care & my does it show. She is 6 years younger than me but without boasting I look a lot younger than she does.

All down to my fussy regime with skin care & not smoking.

Lots of good posts. There is as yet no wonder potion but plenty of wannabees at various prices. I have a quiet theory that we haven't yet had an a'kin tsv because they would sell out in double quick time and everyone would realise how good such affordable products can be - and that would spell potential disaster for gatineau, decleor, elemis and the rest on qvc. The only qvc range with something different to offer really is alpha-h and even then elemis soon popped up with their tri-enzyme products. I haven't tried those because I don't like the papaya peel and don't want to risk them, but I do like alpha-h.

Latest posts

Back