Now this is interesting .......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Have just read a report in today's paper that qvc have 'revealed' that their ratings have soared by 10% in the past year (now watched by 7.6 million per month) AND wait for this........ profits were £387.2 million last year, an increase of 5% !!!!!!!

Hmmmmmm...... lets see what NEXT year's profits will be without MY input !!!!!!!!!

Even taking into account they now appear, albeit briefly, on ITV, I still find that rise incredible.

Begs the question (yet again) who is buying, cause it ain't me!

Nor me, I am getting to the stage with a wage freeze, increasing travel costs, gas and elec going up yet again that most things in life are a "considered purchase" (to use QVC paralance) and at this rate i will only be able to afford essentials. All my friends and family are feelling the pinch too so I wonder who these new buyers are?

I reckon it's the ITV lot. There are loads of little old ladies out there with only terrestrial tv to whom QVC must appear to be a revelation:angel:

May have something to do with the increase in digital TV and newbies discovering QVC on Freeview, like I did. They'll be very lucky if profits increase over the next 12 months IMO.

you're right Frazzled ,my mom had to have a digital box and nows she mentioned QVC a couple of times in the last few weeks even asked me to order her something!!!!!!

I expect their biggest profits come via the P&P. That's not to say you can't get their products cheaper elsewhere and with free delivery.

I presume some of that profit comes from the fact that their prices are now higher than practically every other distance selling company you could think of. Those profits will start to drop when it gets to the point that everything is too expensive for the majority of their potential customers, like me. I only buy essentials now, which isn't much.

Latest posts

Back