Not more Richard Jackson...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Lemonsqueezy

Nice 'n Easy...
at midnight with his "chesters" (high waisted jeans)and his growling about bliddy root systems.

Give us a break from this man and the other equally annoying garden guests and their bird baths,and twinkly sparkly dangly tree decorations,hoses,roses and posies etc.

Enough :doh:

For a minute there I thought the thread title read 'no more Richard Jackson'. What a disappointment when I realised I'd misread it.

'Tis the season to be planting .....'♪ ♫ ♬♩

Something tells me this is just the beginning lol

Well, we're on a hosepipe ban from April so there is no point buying plants that need lots of water. Anglian Water are recommending plants that are used to arid conditions. Anglian Water also say it will takes months of persistent rainfall to restore water levels so looks like the hosepipe ban is here to stay for the summer months. QVC (and probably garden centres too) are going to find it hard work shifting young plants this season

No problem. A few tinny danglies and a vase of plastic peonies will do the trick !

You could almost write the script

Look at that root system

This is gardening at it's easiest/ best

Stand back and watch them grow (or in my case, stand back and watch them die)

Put them in your tubs, window boxes, hanging baskets

Etc,etc, etc.

Many moons ago the gardening shows were interesting, but not any more. Dull,dull,dull.

I wouldn't touch QVC's plants or bulbs, etc. with a barge pole as every single one I tried in their earlier days were absolute rubbish! The prices are ridiculous by the time you factor in the P&P costs. I prefer to support my local nurseries or take advantage of the offers from B&Q at much more realistic prices.

You could almost write the script

Look at that root system

This is gardening at it's easiest/ best

Stand back and watch them grow (or in my case, stand back and watch them die)

Put them in your tubs, window boxes, hanging baskets

Etc,etc, etc.

Many moons ago the gardening shows were interesting, but not any more. Dull,dull,dull.

You missed a very important one Gemma1. Feed them with FLOWER POWER then you line my pockets with lovely dosh.

All the other guests talk to the presenter but he's now taken over, virtually ignores the presenter and talks directly to the camera. Who the hell does he think he is?

Craig (I think he's called Craig) the mixed race presenter was funny this morning. He said to Richard "the voices in my head are telling me" etc etc. Richard did manage a little laugh of acknowledgement. I think Richard Jackson is just very intense and consequently dull. I have not learnt a lot of him

When Flower Power came out orginally, wasnt it meant to be some limited edition thing, that wasnt gonna be around for long, Flower Power was launched as a TSV if i remember rightly, and now several years later, it is still around, and other various Richard Jackson products have appeared

When Flower Power came out orginally, wasnt it meant to be some limited edition thing, that wasnt gonna be around for long, Flower Power was launched as a TSV if i remember rightly, and now several years later, it is still around, and other various Richard Jackson products have appeared

And more being introduced all the time. He must be laughing all the way to the bank. No wonder he's always so jovial and constantly fiddling with his loose change. He's even got his own website for anyone wanting to see more of him and his products:-

http://www.richardjacksonsgarden.co.uk/

I was watching last night as the TSV was launched. 2 Wisteria that have sold out as I type. You'd have thought it was ****** Mick Jagger or Prince William gracing our screens the way that idiot was sticking his tongue up the proverbial.

Heck, even the Second Coming would have got a less enthusiastic billing from Evangelical nutjobs than what Jackson got last night!

Being a beginner in the field, and not always planting stuff right from receipt of the package (or package being returned to Royal Mail for redelivery, and waiting again), I must admit my results are hit and miss. I tried the strawberry/hanging basket combo last year. 3 plants survived, and the coir did a crap job at holding water and shape.

They do make it difficult to compare prices, as they seem to have different combinations/amounts on QVC to those on T&M's site.

Would folks be shocked if they knew that Jackson gets a slice from sales of his Flower Power, which might explain why he plugs it at EVERY chance. Heard that from a T&M guy at Gardeners World Live last year. Never bought the stuff. Miracle-Gro and the like does for me.

A proper gardening expert who is on the production team of Gardeners World (my friend's son) told me that your bog standard tomato feed was all that any plant needs. All the rest is just marketing.

I saw him plug his new column in Amateur Gardening, and bought the issue. I normally do anyway, so no extra spending, really.

Every 2 weeks he's doing a column. This one was what he's planting up, and what didn't work last year.

Naturally, he did suggest that his flower power would be great on these plants.

Interestingly, theres an article earlier about plant feeds and fertilisers. Fish bones, pellets of stuff etc are mentioned. Strangely, no products highlighted on RJ's site get a mention..

I do not believe anything he says, he comes across as very insincere, he repeats the same dialogue at all his sessions and it is so boring. He brings along plastic flowers to promote sales:mysmilie_507:

Latest posts

Back